Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2002 9:31:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I love you, you love me,  but it's platonic, can't you see? [:)]

Naw, man, if I you ever come to Northern Cal (heaven forbid), you're welcome for a shoot & a steak.  

Edited to add, congrats on quiting, keep it up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 10:10:35 PM EDT
[#2]
On Wed. it will be one month for the wife and myself ,we went on the nicoderm patch and it's working fine,
We have had no ill effects and no fights,maybe because we still have the nicotine in our system,LOL
We will go down in dosage this week and down again in two weeks after that,you can do it.
If you feel yourself slipping try the patch i swear it works.
The one thing i can tell you is we feel so much better i can't believe it,we are breathing better and sleeping all the way through the night.
I will never pick up a cig again.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 5:02:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Congratulations. I quit 4 years ago using the patch and feel way better. I can breathe, no coughing, sick less, don't stink, and with the money you save you can buy a few extra tubs of ammo or a new AR. You can do it.

P.S. ex smoker tip of the day: drink plenty of fluids, water, gatorade, juice etc. it helps. When you feel like smoking, take a drink instead.

jrzy, you may get just a little edgy after finishing the final patch. Hang in there it only lasts a couple of days and it's not that bad. Just getting that final bit of nicotine out.

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 5:05:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 5:22:35 AM EDT
[#5]
No wonder you were so bitchy in CHAT last evening...  [;)]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 5:30:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Hang in there dude.

The life you save WILL be your own.

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 5:39:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought a pretty Kimber Custom CDP II with the money I saved in a year of not smoking (well, I guess it wasn't saved, but hell, I had a new gun!).  It's been a year and a month now.  Hang in there.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 6:09:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 7:37:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Congrats [b]Sweep[/b]!!!

I was gonna joke that you could always go puff on a chimney but [b]Aimless[/b] beat me to the punch...line.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 8:20:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Any of you other guys that have quit smoking notice that the wife is all supportive of you when you tell them you're quiting, then after 6 hours they're encouraging you to go buy a pack?[:D]
View Quote

Yes.  I was told to buy a pack last night.  [;)]

I'm weaning myself off of nicotine gradually because I turn into one mean bastard when I go completely cold turkey.  So I stretch the number of days I go without smoking before buying another pack.  I figure once I can handle 10 straight days without smoking, may as well go for the rest of 'em.

the_reject
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 9:16:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Damn, good timing. I am on day 2 for quiting (again).

I went a different route this time. Went to Mexico and picked up some Zyban/Wellbutrin-sr.

It is kinda cool, you still smoke for the first week of taking pills. Then you quit. Actually you kinda quit on your own. The craveings just slowly go away.

But by happenstance, I also have a sore throat (some damn infection) and it hurts to smoke. So double incentive to quit! Which actually sped up the time table. I went from 2 packs a day to 10 cigerettes on Thrusday, 5 cigs on Friday, 3 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday. Monday was the planned quit date.

I still get at least one anxiety attack per day. Just have to breath through it, drink water, relax.

So hang in there Sweep!
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I quit about 4 days ago.. friday.. and I'm doing fine. Little bit of a mood thing going. Went cold turkey by the way. I think the hardest part of it all is just breaking the habbit. I never really feel like smoking unless I'm driving or after a meal. Anyother time I don't crave. Oh well.. I just think of all the money I'll be saving from that and putting into more toys and ammo, keeps me going. Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/20/2002 7:42:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Keep up the good work!!  It has been 2 months last Friday since I smoked.  It is tough but more than worth it.  

Just remember, weak people smoke.  If I were a rich man I would buy you your 3 most wanted rifles.  You could have them as long as you didn't smoke.

Link Posted: 8/20/2002 8:48:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Hang in there Sweep.  It really does get easier.  Gave em up 27 years ago myself and have no regrets.  [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top