Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2002 1:39:44 PM EDT
Not that I believe Social Security will be available for my generation (I'm 40) , but I thought I would
pass this along anyway.  By the way, as of this year, I'm no longer a card carrying republican either...

sucks having to vote for the dips#!t that you believe will screw up your life the least.

-Gunner1X (disgusted with the two party system)

[b]Q. Which party took Social Security from an independent fund and put  it in the general fund so that Congress could spend it?
A.  It was Lyndon Johnson and the Democratic- controlled House and Senate.

Q.  Which party put a tax on Social Security?
A.  The Democratic party.

Q.  Which party increased the tax on Social  Security?
A.  The Democratic Party with Al Gore throwing the deciding vote.

Q.  Which party decided to give money to immigrants?
A.  The Democratic Party.  An immigrant can move into this country at 65 and get SSI Social Security. The Democratic Party gave that to them although they never paid any money into it.[/b]

And the Azz Kicker is...
After doing all this, they promulgate the lie that Republicans want to take your Social Security.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Gunner1X you went Libertarian on us hey?

That's cool but remember that the Libertarians aren't even recognized as a third party YET!

What I'm saying is don't throw in the towel on us (rep.) just yet. The libertarian party sucks votes from our party only strengthening the Democratic parties vote esp. in a presidential election.

I agree pretty much 100 percent with the Libertarians and try to vote locally for them.

Stick with us! We conservatives need to pull together NOW more than ever.

PS I'm 38 and don't think I'll ever see a dime of my Social Security. Oh well, pray for "white mans reparations". LOL
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I hear you [b]CODE39[/b].
I won't chunk any votes that will boost the Dems, I just hate where both parties are headed.

Like you, I vote Libertarian locally.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 2:18:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I get so sick and tired of the Democrats hollering that the Republicans are after your social security. I only wish they had the guts to do what needs to be done to that program.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 4:57:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I get so sick and tired of the Democrats hollering that the Republicans are after your social security. I only wish they had the guts to do what needs to be done to that program.
View Quote

What, abolish it so I can cut my losses?

How about just taking half and lets call a spade a spade. It's a well fare program for those that didn't plan.

I told my Congress critters my Senators, anybody that will listen, they can have everything I've put into until now.  I will sign in blood a contract that says if I ever come groveling to ask for Socilistic Security that they can hang me at the steps of the Capitol Building in DC,...just stop taking it out now.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#5]
If you only vote Libertarian locally, the process of getting the Libertarian Party in office will be an immensely long one.  I say go in at full force in Nov. 2004.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe that Social Security will be around in 2035 when I retire. To end it would automatically kill the re-election bid of any politician.
I do however believe it will get more and more welfare like. If you have savings or a good IRA, you will not be eligible for Social Security.
The way to work the system will be to turn your savings into cash before you retire.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 5:33:40 PM EDT
[#7]
You guys just make sure you keep paying your SS tax until I get my money out.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I told my Congress critters my Senators, anybody that will listen, they can have everything I've put into until now.  I will sign in blood a contract that says if I ever come groveling to ask for Socilistic Security that they can hang me at the steps of the Capitol Building in DC,...just stop taking it out now.
View Quote

I have heard stories, rumors, legends, that there is such a form. Basicly it is what you ask for, don't take anymore monies from me, and I won't ask for any back.

Now getting ahold of that form.... well hell, easier to get blood from a stone.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 6:31:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you only vote Libertarian locally, the process of getting the Libertarian Party in office will be an immensely long one.  I say go in at full force in Nov. 2004.
View Quote

Be sure to let me know how you make out with that![BD]
You can't get 5 percent of the vote yet you plan on winning a presidential election? LOL

Put your irons back in your holster and I'll be sure to tell you when we're ready for a third party!
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

What, abolish it so I can cut my losses?

How about just taking half and lets call a spade a spade. It's a well fare program for those that didn't plan.

View Quote

I guess I'm one of the Lucky ones. I don't pay into Social Security hence I won't recieve any. I make my own retirement. If done right real estate and stock market can provide a very nice retirement[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top