Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2002 5:55:25 PM EDT
There are a few vets on the walk to my son's grave. All the flags are still in good shape except one that is ripping badly along the stick.
I stopped on my way back from the range today so I had my big stapler in my bag and tagged part of the ripped part together, but it needs a new flag.
This is a small place with no one on staff, so I want to buy the guy a new one until summer is over.
Only the 4th is long gone, so where should I look for a flag?
Does wally or kmart carry that kind of stuff year round? What other kind of store would?
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#1]
i've seen US flags in walmart year round, but using a chinese made flag would seem somehow wrong
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 6:42:15 PM EDT
[#2]
beleve it or not there are flag stores.
you can get a nice little nylon flag for a few dollars.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 7:32:30 AM EDT
[#3]
You can also get flags online.  Here's one:

[url]http://www.crwflags.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 7:37:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Check with the local VFW or VA.  On Veteran's Day, these (and other) organizations have access to millions of flags throughout the US.  Perhaps they could help you.  It's a fine thing you're doing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top