Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2002 9:33:20 AM EDT
I have a question about the 100 trillion dollar lawsuit that 900 relatives of the victims of 9/11 have filed against Suadi, Yemen and various banks.

1)  Is the money that they are after right here in American banks now?

2)  What are their chances of winning such a lawsuit and getting the cash?

Link Posted: 8/18/2002 9:35:40 AM EDT
[#1]
The battle ground for the liberals, the court room.

God forbid we would actually stand up for ourselves and blow these fools of the face of the earth.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 10:21:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Why did they limit themselves on damages?
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 11:33:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Saudi assets in the US are reported to be $750 billion. If the trial moves forward it is likely that the assets will be moved/liquidated.

It would be a really bad idea to let trial lawyers get their hands on even $250 billion, let alone $33 trillion...[puke]
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#4]
i almost wishe they'd win if for no other reason that to be a thorn in the side of the enemy.

that being said, i don't think they'll win (always wondered how a U.S. citizen (or group of) could bring a suit in U.S. courts against a citizen of a sovereign nation that didn't live in the U.S.).  it's not like it's a crime to blow up Americans/Christians in some places.

well, in a U.S. court, it's probably very likely they'll win.  but getting the judgement is a far cry from getting the money.  the bad guys would be smart to start moving their assest NOW!
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 12:17:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top