Posted: 8/18/2002 7:25:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 7:30:07 AM EDT
[#1]
That was perfect!

And they even printed it!

Everybody else?  Take a clue.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 8:21:38 AM EDT
[#2]
God, the other letters are from some very liberal people.  I can't wait to see what response your letter will get from the tree-hugging anti-gunners in the Bay Area.

Keep us informed.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Well done!
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Well Done.

I defended my US Representative in a letter to the editor last week in response to a liberial who wrote a scalding name calling letter the week before.

I received a hand written letter from him thanking me for the kind words.[:D]

Link Posted: 8/18/2002 9:41:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Good job.

Notice the letter by Robert L. Heaton following DVD's pro RKBA piece. Mr. Heaton is a limousine liberal and a regular letter writer to the CC Times, as am I, and whenever a pro-gun letter is printed, it is always offset by Heaton or the president of the local MMM chapter.

Expect to see a flood of anti-gun letters in the next few days. I'll back you if necessary. he he
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Great Job  [beer]
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 10:15:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice job.  Keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 10:55:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 11:10:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll back you if necessary
View Quote

Heck, preempt him!  I won't mind.  [:)]
View Quote

The guy's a liberal homo. He was spouting off in March 2001 about how his "sheet metal eating" dog is a better home defense weapon than a gun, so I wrote a response to the Times and they printed it too. Here's what I wrote (they printed it verbatim):

[b]Robert Heaton of Lafayette would have us believe his vicious, sheet metal chewing dog is a better protector than a handgun locked in a gun mini-vault. No one can argue with the effectiveness of using a dog as your first line of defense. However, a much better defense is dog and gun. Obviously, if dogs were enough, police canine units would have no need for guns. However, if safety is the primary issue, and you sincerely desire to do something "for the children", then get the gun. I can't recall a case where a gun jumped out of a locked safe and mauled a 2 year-old to death.[/b]
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 6:51:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll back you if necessary
View Quote

Heck, preempt him!  I won't mind.  [:)]
View Quote

The guy's a liberal homo. He was spouting off in March 2001 about how his "sheet metal eating" dog is a better home defense weapon than a gun, so I wrote a response to the Times and they printed it too. Here's what I wrote (they printed it verbatim):

[b]Robert Heaton of Lafayette would have us believe his vicious, sheet metal chewing dog is a better protector than a handgun locked in a gun mini-vault. No one can argue with the effectiveness of using a dog as your first line of defense. However, a much better defense is dog and gun. Obviously, if dogs were enough, police canine units would have no need for guns. However, if safety is the primary issue, and you sincerely desire to do something "for the children", then get the gun. I can't recall a case where a gun jumped out of a locked safe and mauled a 2 year-old to death.[/b]
View Quote

Excellent point. Hope they print it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 6:55:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I can't recall a case where a gun jumped out of a locked safe and mauled a 2 year-old to death.[/b]
View Quote

[:D]

Great letter, DVD.

Link Posted: 8/19/2002 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Slacker, they printed my letter in March 2001. I must have 12 letters in that paper by now, all pro-gun. In fact, the last time the president of the local MMM chapter slammed a pro-gun letter, she got slammed back by at least 15 guys. And the local paper printed those 15 slams, so you have to think they received a hundred letters.

I do think the situation is changing here. Slowly, but it's changing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top