Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2002 2:34:14 PM EDT
Hey guys,
  I have been messing around with DreamWeaver MX, and Fireworks MX. Finally taught myself how to make a decent looking button in Fireworks. I am trying to make a NavBar, with different buttons.

I've got all my buttons made, and now I am trying to "assemble" the navbar. This is my problem. I'll open my first button, called Home, drag and drop it on to a new document, all fine and dandy.

Then I open my next button, called Products, drag and drop that onto the new document, and it pastes itself as a clone of the HOME button. So I end up with 2 home buttons right next to each other. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

-Jared
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 2:46:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you sliced the images into the nav bar?  That should.  BTW, I love fireworks!
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 2:53:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 3:06:28 PM EDT
[#3]
How do I slice the buttons into the navbar?

I have just been dragging the buttons from one document to another, in effect making my navbar.. Is there anything else I need to hold while dragging?

I am doing all the rollover effects in Fireworks too. Its a very powerfull program.

-Jared
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Is there something I need to do to define this as a Navbar? Like I said, I've just been using an untitled document, and dragging my buttons in...

I insert one of my buttons onto the document. Then I clone it, drag it over a bit, and it sets the slice. When I go to modify my new button, that I just cloned, it affects them both.

It does this with the pre made buttons, or one I made. What am I missing?

One of those things that is extremely frustrating.

Thanks for your help guys.

-Jared
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#7]
ilikelegs

Its pretty hard to explain. I'll go into more detail. I really appreciate the help.

I am doing all of this in the latest version of FireWorks, DW is not involved yet. I created a new document. I then chose Insert, New button, and went through all of the steps to creating the button.  I then saved my button.

I then opened a new document, and dragged my completed button on to the workspace. Then I select the button and clone it various times, so I have a row of buttons that all say "Home" They are all sliced by red lines. I then chose my second button and attepmt to modify it. When I do modify the text. It changes the text for all of the buttons I have on the workspace. Is there something I need to do to define this as a Navbar? I have been looking through various tutorials on the web, and been following them, but I am stuck here..

Any help is apprecieated, thanks.

-Jared
Link Posted: 8/17/2002 8:14:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top