BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2002 12:59:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 1:06:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 1:17:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Our history is awesome. The older that I become, the more I learn, the more deeply my respect grows for our founding fathers and all those who sacrificed so much to make this country. I would like to see our congress and senate have even a small portion of the wisdom and guts that these early patriots had.
One thing I do worry about is this history not being appreciated by the younger generations and also all the different groups immigrating to this country. I fear that they will not see it as their history and not have the reverence for it that they should.
Tuco
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 3:41:45 AM EDT
[#3]
How much of this is taugh in the schools anymore? Most kids never get this. OK, they learn about the Revolutionary "conflict", and that we magically became a nation.

Our difficulty in securing our 2nd amendment rights stems from the fact that we have been producing the future leaders of america without instilling in them the REASON for the 2nd, as well as the knowledge in how we used it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:05:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Neat!

This country was born under just these circumstances, and it will be either reborn or die trying under the very same circumstances.

One day.

Eric The(WannaBet?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:29:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How much of this is taugh in the schools anymore? Most kids never get this. OK, they learn about the Revolutionary "conflict", and that we magically became a nation.

Our difficulty in securing our 2nd amendment rights stems from the fact that we have been producing the future leaders of america without instilling in them the REASON for the 2nd, as well as the knowledge in how we used it.
View Quote

Check out the thread of the PC'ing in textbooks of 9/11.

Ridiculous. We are toast, believe it.
-Welfare
-Slave reparations
-"No Knock" warrants
-Firearms resticted
-CCTV coming to a corner near you
-Social Security
-Fat People suing fast food
-Corporations faking the books
-You must wear your seatbelt
-Airport Security (GI Joe anyone?)
-Infrared helicopter scans
-1st Ammendment (where did it go?)
-[red]add your favorite here[/red]

Shit.. I can't go on, it just pisses me off more and more.[rolleyes]

Welcome to your world. We let it happen.

p.s. is this a hijack? or can I just be pissed... the above runs a parallel in so many ways.

Edit: Thanks BigBear, I always like to see that one.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 6:11:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Well done, Bear!

[marines]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 6:43:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Got me, Big Bear!!

Altho, in my defense, I did recognize it by the second paragraph.  Even though I knew the time period, It still made my blood boil as I can see this happening here someday.  I know we will be branded as criminals and terrorists'!  I don't feel so confident that the 'local citizenry' will stand behind 'us' though.  I hope we will all rally to the cause and show up to help.

Tim
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 7:01:26 AM EDT
[#8]
This country was forged in the fires of Freedom and our rights carved in stone by our founding fathers.
The Govt just bought a new jack hammer but we have something on our side that they do not.
We have "RIGHT" on our side and we have the UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION.
It is coming to a time where we are going to have to show certain people of this country that the U.S. CONSTITUTION is not just a piece of paper.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Always nice to see this! [^]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 11:29:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 12:29:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Not a day goes by where I don't give thanks to a determined bunch of radicals who had, as a friend put it, 'the brass balls to tell the words leading empire to go piss in a pot'.

Cheezy as it may be, it's time to crank up 1776 in the DVD player. It still frightens me just how relevant the themes are to today's society...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top