Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2001 11:10:58 AM EDT
yet another cold rainy weekend here. to shitty to goto the range AGAIN! looks like another day at my second home ar15.com   anyone else held prisoner by this wheather? I really feel like moving down south to get away from everything around here.
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#1]
NYshooter,if it makes you feel any better try this:Lots of snow on ground,windy and cold,been raining since last night,power went off early in the morning from storm(back on now) without power sump pump in basement overflowed on floor, I'm sitting here typing this left handed because i broke my right hand a couple of weeks ago . Worse i took delivery of my DPMS A15 Bull on thursday and i can't shoot it. So all things considered it ain't bad passing the time on AR15.com . All the above are true so help me God!!! Ben
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#2]
It is a beautiful, sunny day here. Unfortunately, the friggen wind is blowing at like 40 MPH. Bad day to shoot groups. [:(] Milldude
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#3]
hey EX, the really sad part is the storm you got hit with is headed my way for the rest of the weekend[:(!]
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm at 9,000 ft. 5" snow last night. Road to range just a long mud pit. Cabin fever setting in....
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 11:52:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I am in eastern WA going to college, been sunny everyday this week.  Today: cloudy as hell and moderate drizzle...
Dangit, I was planning on going shooting today too[:(]  
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#7]
[img=right]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/_uimages/hoot.jpg[/img=right]
"Hello everyone. I am NYshooters rifle.
I wanted to shoot today
too seeing as I have an
all weather design and all. But alas, a sprinkle fell and my owner is a wuss."
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Know what to call a warm sunny day after two days of cold rain?
MONDAY!

Arock out.
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#9]
To all you fair weather people out there,here in Minnesota we have not seen a 50 degree day since last November!  Up until a couple of weeks ago,we had not seen a 40 degree day. My oldest son in the Air Force in Alaska has seen warmer weather than we have.Ben
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#10]
P.S. NYshooter don't hold your breath waiting for this storm,it shows no sign of leaving my State as of where i now sit. It's still raining,cold and windy. I'm sitting in the living room looking out over a frozen lake.  Did you get a chill when i mentioned that? Ben
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Out in the backyard, barbecueing and playing table tennis with some friends. Sweating our a$$e$ off and quenching our thirst with Shiner Bock. Life sure is nice here in South Texas.

Link Posted: 4/7/2001 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
NYshooter,if it makes you feel any better try this:Lots of snow on ground,windy and cold,been raining since last night,power went off early in the morning from storm(back on now) without power sump pump in basement overflowed on floor, I'm sitting here typing this left handed because i broke my right hand a couple of weeks ago . Worse i took delivery of my DPMS A15 Bull on thursday and i can't shoot it. So all things considered it ain't bad passing the time on AR15.com . All the above are true so help me God!!! Ben
View Quote
Go lefty. You got to be ready
wounded or not!
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Sunny, Wind SE @ 6-9, Temp 81
Where am I?
Just home from the range cleaning my AR10A4.
Shot 200 rounds today.
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Hello,

I am MojoJojo's rifle.  The weather is warm here; my damn owner took the boat out and went fishing leaving me in this dark safe with my brothers. We want to go out and play too. Oh well, maybe next weekend...
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 6:16:52 AM EDT
[#15]
NYshooter,how does today look?  It's 35 Degrees here and windy. Ran out of firewood last night,ever try splitting wood one handed,it gets tricky when you miss and have to dance away from the splitting maul. We ran out of propane for the furnace three weeks ago,wife is pi$$ed off,my garage tank still has gas left. Already spent too much on propane this winter, i'm too cheap to order more. When i ordered my new DPMS i had to choose between propane or rifle ,glad that new rifle gives me that warm all over feeling.   Ben
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 6:51:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Long Island is sucking pretty bad, weather-wise too. Good day to hit a bar and have a [beer]
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 6:56:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 6:58:47 AM EDT
[#18]
I had to turn on the air conditioner last night because it was too warm to sleep comfortably.
It's too windy to take the boat out or shoot an
AR.  I guess it's pistol time.
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 7:31:50 AM EDT
[#19]
HMMM!
You could always pack up the car and come to another range!  Say Knob Creek here in KY. We've had a pretty nice weekend so far!
TF
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 8:20:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I really feel like moving down south to get away from everything around here.
View Quote

ATTENTION!

DO NOT MOVE DOWN HERE!

WE DON'T WANT ANY MORE!

I AM SO GOD DAMN SICK AND TIRED OF HERING MY HOME STATE CALLED "FLAAAAAHRIIIIEDA" zBY PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO BE RESIDENTS I AM READY TO START AN EXTERMINATION CAMPAIGN AGAINST THEM!'

ARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 9:10:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Whent shootin Saturday.It was very enjoyable(indoor100yd range).The weather didn't pose a threat. PS.were do you shoot in LI Calverton?
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 9:41:55 AM EDT
[#22]
it says its 81 out there,I say more like 75.Beautiful,wind??not really,shooting range??My back yard!!trying to work up a load for my 1/9 twist unknown type AR-15.Hey,gives me a idea.Does anyone know what type of AR I have??Heres the info on the frame;E.A.CO.
                           KR.SPR.LA.
                           Model J-15
Any help????
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#24]
I really feel for you guys. It got down into the low 60’s here last night and it will not likely get over 74 today. Here in AZ we are freezing our A$$ESS off to but it’s a dry cold.

It did rain all night just two days ago. You would think we were in Ca with all the rain we have had this year.

THISISME
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
McUZI: DO NOT MOVE DOWN HERE! WE DON'T WANT ANY MORE!
View Quote

I remember you threatening to send them all back up north last November if your price wasn't met. Whatever happened with that, no takers?

[img]http://www.yuckles.com/florida/bump3.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.yuckles.com/florida/bump2.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.yuckles.com/florida/bump4.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.yuckles.com/florida/bump1.gif[/img]
View Quote

Rolling on the floor, pissing myself, laughing my ass off,
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 10:38:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Whent shootin Saturday.It was very enjoyable(indoor100yd range).The weather didn't pose a threat. PS.were do you shoot in LI Calverton?
View Quote

use to but that place really went down hill. I shoot on a private range now "PINE BARRENS" out in the hamptons
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 10:44:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Perfect day for shooting here but I am stuck here at work.  This sucks![:(]
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#28]
It has rained here in TX for two weeks.  The range road was too muddy.  I finally got out there Fri and Sat.  It was a relief to get some blasting out of my system!

Ah, now I can face another week of work.

steady
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
to shitty to goto the range AGAIN!
View Quote

Why? Will you melt if you get wet? wet cold weather certainly will not hurt your rifle.

Get out and Shoot! Use this opportunity to use your wet/cold weather gear.
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#30]
i live in Vermont.. need i say more?
finally figured out why the gun laws are the best here..

-too cold and snowy 6 months out of a year to go shooting anyway.
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#31]

HELP!
I'm Melting.         [img=right]http://www.astro.uiuc.edu/~akspeck/witch-stuff/Witches/New/witch_.jpg[/img=right]
Link Posted: 4/8/2001 9:34:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Yea I know what you mean. Where I live mid 80s, and a cool breeze-Hawaii. But Its a dam anti-gun state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top