Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2012 3:50:08 PM EDT
Just curious because about once a week I can detect a strong chemical smell in the neighborhood.  Especially from the east.   Which happens to be the same direction that a woman lives that has been in prison for drug dealing lives.  

Smell sometimes reminds me of Acetone.

GD
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 3:51:14 PM EDT
[#1]
ether
ammonia
body ordor.
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Pabst Blue Ribbon and body odor,.
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Starter fluid (ether)

Acetone

Anhydrous (ammonia)

Really bad body odor

ETA.......cracks me up that body odor is in every reply....

Link Posted: 11/30/2012 3:54:08 PM EDT
[#4]
"What Does the Production of Meth Smell Like?
(Meth Labs or Clan Labs)
Acids: Sulfuric Acid(Drain Cleaner), Muriatic Acid  (Pool Acid), Battery Acid, Hydrogen Chloride Gas
Solvents: Acetone, Ether (Starter Fluid), Toluene (Gun Cleaner)
Other: Cleaning Supplies, Anhydrous Ammonia (smells like cat urine), Fragrances (smells like Dryer Sheets), Iodine Crystals, Lithium Metal, Red Phosphorus
These chemicals can cause flu like symptoms, respiratory swelling / damage, heart racing, ears ringing, too name a few."

Sounds suspicious OP. It might be time for a phone call.
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 3:58:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Just curious because about once a week I can detect a strong chemical smell in the neighborhood.

I have relation that does Drug Task Force work for the state. At the time he had moved and was trying to sell his old house. One day he went to check on the house for sale and noticed that there was the smell of ether in the air. So he goes 3 houses down to where a city police officer lives. The officer walks back with him to the house and he also smells the ether. They call it in and a patrol car comes out......

They find one of the neighbors down the block happily cooking meth. The truly stupid part was this neighbor knew, KNEW, that my relation had lived in the house and was LEO, plus the idiot knew that a cop also lived nearby...

Link Posted: 11/30/2012 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"What Does the Production of Meth Smell Like?
(Meth Labs or Clan Labs)
Acids: Sulfuric Acid(Drain Cleaner), Muriatic Acid  (Pool Acid), Battery Acid, Hydrogen Chloride Gas
Solvents: Acetone, Ether (Starter Fluid), Toluene (Gun Cleaner)
Other: Cleaning Supplies, Anhydrous Ammonia (smells like cat urine), Fragrances (smells like Dryer Sheets), Iodine Crystals, Lithium Metal, Red Phosphorus
These chemicals can cause flu like symptoms, respiratory swelling / damage, heart racing, ears ringing, too name a few."

Sounds suspicious OP. It might be time for a phone call.

Damn.   Some of the above for sure.
Like I said only occurs about once per week.  When most neighbors have left for the day.

GD
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I would call your local law enforcement drug unit, normally even a smaller department will have someone who specializes in that. Sounds like you got the real deal down the road. If you ever see the neighbor see if she has really bad teeth, meth eats your teeth out too. Normally meth users are very paranoid too, be careful. Look for a really trashy yard as well.
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 5:22:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I assume the normal dog smells...

Link Posted: 11/30/2012 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Just curious because about once a week I can detect a strong chemical smell in the neighborhood.

I have relation that does Drug Task Force work for the state. At the time he had moved and was trying to sell his old house. One day he went to check on the house for sale and noticed that there was the smell of ether in the air. So he goes 3 houses down to where a city police officer lives. The officer walks back with him to the house and he also smells the ether. They call it in and a patrol car comes out......

They find one of the neighbors down the block happily cooking meth. The truly stupid part was this neighbor knew, KNEW, that my relation had lived in the house and was LEO, plus the idiot knew that a cop also lived nearby...

Yeah, wonder how someone like that ever got their Ph.d...  I don't hold meth cooks to very high standards of situational awareness.

TC
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 5:26:05 PM EDT
[#10]
It smells like cat piss.

Link Posted: 11/30/2012 5:28:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 11/30/2012 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#13]
About 18 years ago I lived in an area that was rife with meth production. There was frequently a strong odor of chicken crap, but there were no chicken houses around for many miles. We always knew when they were cooking a batch because of the overwhelming stench.
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I assume the normal dog smells...

http://www.jumbojoke.com/images/meth-lab.jpg

Mine usually comes home smelling of pond water and dead animal
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Pabst Blue Ribbon and body odor,.

So I smell like a meth lab after work?
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 5:32:46 PM EDT
[#16]
strong urea smell as well. If you're right next to the lab it could be so strong it's hard to open your eyes.
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 5:44:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Mountain Dew and Marlboro Lights
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Smell sometimes reminds me of Acetone.

... freebasing (cocaine)

Link Posted: 11/30/2012 5:48:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 11/30/2012 5:48:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Smells like boiled egg farts and sulfur.
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It smells like cat piss.

They busted a house down the block from my MIL because the cop drove by and smelled the cat urine odor.
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Gordan Freeman from Black Mesa?
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#23]
smells like meth
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 6:11:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Smells like boiled egg farts and sulfur.

I have a guy beside me that's been arrested about 175 times dealing amongst other things. And really, I mean about 175 times, at least. He's my age 45, I went to school with him. He just got out of prison over the summer, his longest term , of about 6 months when he got caught with his GF shooting each other up in full view of her crotch fruit, including a 6 month old baby. Someone called the law, and the law showed up while they were doing it. They blamed each other, and started fighting until the cops broke it up. The cops found several different kinds of drugs, more prescriptions ( he went to jail for a month or two over writing prescriptions a few years ago ), evidence of manufacture, and baggies of pot ready to sell. They searched the whole place, which led them to the woods behind the house, where they found a pretty decent garden.

All of that, and he hardly got anything. This was her umpteenth time, and they put her kids in her mom's care, but she still didn't spend but a day in jail. She still gets several hundred dollars in food stamps, and her rent on a house in town was paid for, since part of her plea or whatever was that she couldn't live with him, and her kids couldn't. She had to live away from him in order to get her kids back.

Every month, around the 20th or so, it smells like rotten eggs over there, or, there is a sweet fragrance ( like a dryer sheet now that it's been mentioned ) coming from that direction. Also, there is frequently a fire going ( or at least there's smoke ) coming from the car garage ( that has no car in it ). Now, I know all of the sights and smells around here. I thought the egg thing might be my septic tank backing up, but the fact that it only occurs very late at night, or early in the morning before daylight has me suspicious. I have never smelled that aroma before either ( the dryer sheet type ), and thought it might be a flowering plant that was new. I know all the others. I'm seriously thinking I need to investigate the situation, and see if I need to call the law. They probably won't do anything, since they never have with him. I'm not going to have that crap here though. Pot I could care less, even though I'm not one for legalization, but if he wants to grow that I don't care. My problem is all the other druggies that go there to buy it. Meth on the other hand, is a definite no go. I'll probably have to resolve it myself since the law has never done anything with him and actually protects him. ( He's an informant when he needs to be )
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It smells like cat piss.

I'll be goddamned. A true and real answer.
Link Posted: 11/30/2012 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#26]
rank pussy and bad breath?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top