Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2002 7:41:33 PM EDT
Something someone else said in another thread reminded me of something that I was thinking about a few weeks ago.

Last Sunday I got together with a few guys from Colorado for a shoot.  The people who attended were great!  They were some of the friendliest, easy going, easy to get along with guys I have ever come across.  It made me feel really good to find people like that.

Its even more comforting to me because my wife and I may relocate because of a work situation.  It is great to think that no matter where I go there is always going to be someone from the AR15.com family to get together with and shoot.  Its kind of nice to know that no matter where you go you will always have friends.  Friends that actually care.

I have seen the people of this site come together when a member is having a hard emotionally or financially.  I was beside myself when I saw members giving money to another member when they were having problems.

The Men and Women of this site are what America is all about!

Scott Chapman
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 7:44:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know...  Most of the Bay Area arf.com'ers are BASTARDS!  [:D]
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't know...  Most of the Bay Area arf.com'ers are BASTARDS!  [:D]
View Quote

Yeah, but there's what, two of you at the most? [:D]

AR15.com folks are some of the best people you'll find anywhere.  I wish I could have met more people at the Central Texas shoot, but time was short for my wife and I.  And those clued into my current situation know how grateful I am to be a part of this site.  I cannot thank you all enough.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I have met AR-15.coms from Washington state to Florida and every one I have met has been a nice guy.
I think I've been Lucky???
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I love you guys.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 8:19:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Me too!

Ya sleezy bastages! [:D]

Eric the(ButIMeanThatInTheVeryBestSenseOfThatTerm!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Scott:
We all had a GREAT time didn't we. Can't wait for the next one! Looks like our wives hit it off. I'll bring the shade you bring the bullets.[sniper]

[):)]
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 8:47:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 8:59:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Being a member of AR15.com has seriously readjusted how Tweet and I approach our vacation time scheduling. Looks like a lot of road trips next year.

[:D]

Link Posted: 8/15/2002 9:06:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:48:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I must say I am surprised at the love shown on this site.

If you just look from the outside and look at just the facts you would never guess that people brought together in the name of a rifle designed for war would some how produce a caring and happy community. The internet is a crazy place.[wacko]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:51:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Agreed - I've shot with the guys up in Washington and down here in California.

The only difference is the guys in Washington have gills (like fish) and new rifles and the guys in California have tans and trophy wives [:)].
View Quote

Damn... I just don't know which I should be!! [:D]

How 'bout I trade ya the gills for the trophy wife?
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:52:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you just look from the outside and look at just the facts you would never guess that people brought together in the name of a rifle designed for war would some how produce a caring and happy community. The internet is a crazy place.[wacko]
View Quote

Die.

Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:54:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Die.

View Quote

Hey! screw you buddy!

[:P]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:57:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Die.

View Quote

Hey! screw you buddy!

[:P]
View Quote

Of course, you both mean "die" and "screw you" in the warmest, most congenial, friendliest sort of close-knit-family kind of way, right????

Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:57:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 4:58:44 AM EDT
[#16]
If you want to see the family in a big way plan on the 03 BRC. Yup, good folk's. [smoke]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 5:03:58 AM EDT
[#17]
i met that ben dover guy...and tweet. they were exceedingly cordial. not at all the arrogant asses that you might think. plus, i seem to remember some type of jambalya they were quite generous with. it was exceptional.

and i met the magnum girl, sara, too. very friendly. plus, she had a nice thong.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 5:13:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Group hug

Link Posted: 8/16/2002 5:19:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Bunch of crazy homos!!!!!!!  

And stop touching me there Beekeeper1!!!!!!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 5:53:55 AM EDT
[#20]
while shooting the mingun at bullefest III was way cool, it was more fun hanging out with a couple hundred ar15com friends.

since i can only afford to get us all together one time each year, i spend as much time as possible meeting the folks.

i'll be back to the brc and i plan on hosting a smaller get together early in the spring.

Link Posted: 8/16/2002 5:55:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 6:05:10 AM EDT
[#22]
I have only been around for a little while, but I have to agree completely with everyone. I was welcomed with open arms and sarcastic remarks! I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.[:D]

uhhh, can someone pass the lacquer thinner, I seem to be covered in sap.[;D]

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 6:43:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top