BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/14/2002 9:27:08 PM EDT
[url]http://www.townhall.com/columnists/michellemalkin/mm20020815.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 9:33:52 PM EDT
[#1]
What about me? I'm sure someone in my family at some point in time was socially and economically repressed.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 1:42:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 1:58:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Russell Simmons, a wealthy hip-hop music executive, is marketing the reparations gospel to black youths under the modernized demand for "40 acres and a Bentley."
View Quote

How bouts "40 acorns and a boot up yer greedy ass!"  Didn't he get rich off of black folks paying to see black comedians?  I'm sure the guy is rich already.

Greedy, just plain 'ol greedy.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 3:16:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Russell Simmons didn't get rich, he got very rich, off white kids paying to see/listento black musicians.

Edited to add the phrase "musician" here is used a little loosely.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 3:37:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm...

Let's see.

40 (as in MM...)

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/snipersmilie.gif[/img]   [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/M16.gif[/img]   [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/uzi.gif[/img]   [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/dh.gif[/img]  [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/shootingsoldier.gif[/img]

Adds right up to me!
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 9:56:55 AM EDT
[#6]
[sarcasm] Gosh, I used to like african americans.  Now, I'm really starting to hate them what with these reparations and affirmitive action breaks...[/sarcasm]
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 10:05:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Fine, 40 acres and a Bentley for everyone who want to claim it.  Then can we put this all behind us?  Btw, the 40 acre parcels are located in the Atlantic ocean and Bentley's don't float.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Why don't they go seek reparations from their african "brothas and sistas" who sold them into slavery to begin with. The only catch is you must be present to win, er....collect.

Then we just deny these idiots re-entry into the country. Never happen, but it's an idea.

Link Posted: 8/15/2002 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#9]
1. Since slavery happened 150 to 300 years ago, we can assume that there is no statute of limitations on reparations.

2. We can also assume that the reparations are going to the descendents of those who were slaves since it is likely that anyone who was a slave is now deceased.

3. Using the same logic, the reparations will be paid by the descendents of those who owned the slaves.

Therefore, the African-Americans owe the Jews reparations for enslaving them thousands of years ago.  [:)]

Me, I’m second generation American, I don’t owe nuthin’ ta nobody.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 10:22:29 AM EDT
[#10]
It may be irritating and almost laughable at this point but take a look at Zimbabwe.  Do you think it CAN'T happen here?  I firmly believe this will be the next American civil war.  These types will drive this nation to destruction.  They would rather destroy that which they seek to attain for free.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 10:48:13 AM EDT
[#11]
If there were any slaves ALIVE today that were affected,  I could understand.  But there aren't,  and I refuse to line the pockets of someone who just wants a freebee.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 11:35:34 AM EDT
[#12]
i am of indian descent, both grandfathers/mothers are injuns, he, he, i want my land the white eyes took from me
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 12:15:29 PM EDT
[#13]
In the late 1870s My great-great-grandfather came here form Norway.  He became a pawn of a heartless and cruel Government-Corporate conspiracy to settle extra railroad land, and snookered into moving to North Dakota.

North Dakota!  Who wants to live there?

For the angush and frigid suffering of my forebears, gimme some cash.

Or a new rifle.

Arise, my brothers of Scandinavian heritage, eh!
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#14]
It is only fair that the descendants of (a) people who were not here in the United States during the period of slavery or (b) the descendants of people who fought to end slavery should be exempted from paying a skin color tax.

I came here in 1970.  Am I exempt?
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 12:22:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey, can I sue Jesse Jackass and all the crooks in the Natl. Assoc. for the Advancement of Criminal People for all the money spent on trials, appeals and incarceration for the DISPROPORTIONATELY HUGE amount of Black-on-White  crimes committed in this country?

Link Posted: 8/15/2002 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I should probably comment on this topic, but I don't like having my AR15.COM privileges revoked.

[size=2][red][b]IN BEFORE THE LOCK[/b][/red][/size=2]

DA
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#17]
An interesting thing about the "40 acres and a mule" demand(forgive me if this is already public knowledge), it was actually an experiment started by General Sherman after the civil war, to see if freed slaves could become productive members of society. It was not an official policy, and it didn't apply to all freedmen, just hand-picked groups. It pisses me off to see vocalist demanding their 40 acres and a mule, it just shows what dumbasses they really are.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 1:00:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm of Greek descent, and my ancestors were enslaved and repressed Loooooong before it was 'sheik'.

All the button's on my reparations calculator have 0's on them.
View Quote

I've got some slavik blood in me. That's where the term 'Slave' comes from. So I should be able to get reparations not only for my ancestors who were slaves, but for copyright infringment from those whose ancestors were 'slaves' but not slavik!

Woohoo! I'm going to be rolling in money! When do I write myself a check? [beer]
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 1:47:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hey, can I sue Jesse Jackass and all the crooks in the Natl. Assoc. for the Advancement of Criminal People for all the money spent on trials, appeals and incarceration for the DISPROPORTIONATELY HUGE amount of Black-on-White  crimes committed in this country?

View Quote

Dude, you need to hang around here more.

I love your jive, man.

[:D]

Link Posted: 8/15/2002 1:53:51 PM EDT
[#21]
They've been paid a hundred fold in food stamps and welfare.  If they want money they should get off the porch and out of the street and find a job.  Or better yet, I'll sponsor one families return to the mother land so they can rejoin their lost kin.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Where the hell is my money?

My families homes were destroyed during WW2 by American bombers and I lost some family to American soldiers on the Western Front.

The US should pay ME back for the loss of my German ancestors!

AND since my other side of the family is Polish, I should be paid back since many were placed into concentration camps since the Americans didn't become involved early enough!

SOMEBODY BETTER WRITE ME A CHECK!!!!

[/sarcasm]

PLUS my family only moved here in the 20's! We never owned slaves. Am I exempt?

Av.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Fighting...the...urge...to...say...something...incredibly...funny...ARRGGGHHHH...but...I...am...afraid...to...be...called...a...racist......and...be...booted...from...AR15.COM...like...what...almost...happened..AARRGGGHHHH...last...time.

Dammit...who here remembers some of the Cowboys versus the Whatever jokes?
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#25]
As crude as it may sound, most black people today are 1,000,000 times better off than if their forefathers had never left Africa.  Otherwise, they'd be starving, disease-ridden, and involved in unrelenting civil wars and subjects of corrupt, abusive governments.  Like it or not, that's a [u]fact[/u].

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 2:41:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Reparations? I think the kid said it best...
[img]www.prismnet.com/~mrlifto/babfingr.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 2:46:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Complete and utter bullshit. I can't believe, I mean - [b]REALLY[/b] can't believe this idea is being entertained.

Reparations to whom? I don't know any slaves.
[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm 1/16 Blackfoot Indian.I DEMAND compensation for my suffering!!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 3:32:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It may be irritating and almost laughable at this point but take a look at Zimbabwe.  Do you think it CAN'T happen here?  I firmly believe this will be the next American civil war.  These types will drive this nation to destruction.  They would rather destroy that which they seek to attain for free.
View Quote

Amen,Brother!
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 4:06:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Amen,Brother!
View Quote

As it seems; the ones that bitch the loudest are the same who contribute the least.

That being said, if there will be another American civil war (If the past (L.A.) serves as any idicator)... those folks will burn their own neighborhoods to the ground before the oppposing side can even get close.

Should be a quick battle...
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Here's an idea:

In return for some of the Black's ancestors being enslaved, they get to live in America, the greatest country in the world, and quite possibly the greatest country in the history of the world. Where in Africa could they find one tenth of the opportunity that exists in virtually every American city today? Of course, if some of them have failed to take advantage of that opportunity, that's not my problem.

Oh yeah, and I'm Jewish, so don't even get me started on who would owe us reperations...

Link Posted: 8/15/2002 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Lets check this out closely......

If you are a Black person and your ancestors were some of the 50,000 Black Confederate soldiers do you pay reparations or get them?

If you are a Black person and your ancestors were some of the several hundred free Blacks who owned slaves do you pay reparations or get them?

I would gladly pay reparations to any African providing part of the payment was a one way ticket back to their beloved homeland.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

On the other side of the family, we've been here since [u][b]before[/u][/b]this was "officially" a British colony (try French & Indian wars). My Great(5) Grandfather's name is on the Minuteman Statue.[^]

We lived up north.
We never owned slaves.
We never owned or had signifigant holdings in companies that profited from slavery.
If you're using the ideology that the Civil War / War of Secession / War Between the States was really over slavery, then my ancestors fought to free them.

[b]They[/b] paid in blood - why should [b]I[/b] pay in cash? [B)]

Tango7
View Quote

The last line is especially good. Please send this in to a major newspaper for their LttE page!
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Natural selection will take place in Zimbabwe, absent intervention by compassionate westerners intent on saving people from themselves.  Only time will tell whether similar self destructive irrationality will take hold here, but I'm sad to say I wouldn't bet against it at this stage.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#36]
To make things more interesting:
What about all the white slaves? (yes, there were in fact white slaves early on in colonial times)
What about the blacks who themselves owned slaves? This could actually be funny! Send a Federal agent to some black guys door in an apartment complex, knock, and say, at oligitory gun point of course, give us $500. Then, as the guy is watching, go and give it to the black guy living right next door and tell him records indicate that his great great great great great great grandfather was owned by the other guys great great great great great grandfather.

What about conducting a poll and asking "if you had a choice of your ancestors never having been brought over as slaves, which would mean you would be living right now in Africa, and living in the United States right now, which would you choose?

Warning, graphic.
[url]http://assaultweb.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/229658.html[/url]

Africa is dead, or is dying. Famine, war, and HIV are turning the whole of the continent into graveyard. And no amount of U.S. taxpayer dollars is going to be able to stop it.

But the [b]N[/b]ational [b]A[/b]ssociation for [b]A[/b]ttacking [b]C[/b]onservative [b]P[/b]eople has convinced them that America is the greatest hell hole on earth for them.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#37]
This was in the reparations basket!

[img]www.wyosharpshooters.com/images/stfu.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Our rights were taken away from us in '34, '68' and 94.

I demand reparations. The Man knows where to send me all those beeyoootiful pieces on the way to demil'ing/butchering.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Some of my relatives fought in the Civil War.  All on the Union side.  Those who were so inhumanely treated in Andersonville are due payments!!  Send your checks now.  Yea, makes a lot of sense!

The decent Black folks will suffer for this just like they do for some of the other shit flowing from the likes of Jesse Jackass, Sharptan and that puke traitor Farakhan.  Too bad, they have done nothing to deserve it.

How are they going to collect from the other tribes that sold them to the slave traders?  Will a person who is half white and half black pay, collect or break even?

Will those accepting payment renounce their citizenship and return to Africa?  Ha!
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#40]
I really do feel bad for normal black americans who are just trying to live the dream, and instead get lumped in with a minority in a minority that just can't seem to get it right.
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Fine, 40 acres and a Bentley for everyone who want to claim it.  Then can we put this all behind us?  Btw, the 40 acre parcels are located in the Atlantic ocean and Bentley's don't float.
View Quote
Better yet, why not locate these 40 acre parcels in Africa!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Warning, graphic.
[url]http://assaultweb.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/229658.html[/url]

Africa is dead, or is dying. Famine, war, and HIV are turning the whole of the continent into graveyard. And no amount of U.S. taxpayer dollars is going to be able to stop it.
View Quote

Slightly off the subject, but I think this is the link you were trying to post:

[url]http://www.africancrisis.org/Photos16.asp[/url]

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 8/15/2002 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Slightly off the subject, but I think this is the link you were trying to post:
[url]http://www.africancrisis.org/Photos16.asp[/url][(:|)]
View Quote

[V]

Link Posted: 8/16/2002 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I really do feel bad for normal black americans who are just trying to live the dream, and instead get lumped in with a minority in a minority that just can't seem to get it right.
View Quote

Good Point!  There are a lot of blacks who think the whole reparations idea is dumb, just like we do.  It's unfortunate that they get lumped in with the handout crowd.

Link Posted: 8/16/2002 11:32:09 AM EDT
[#45]
No...not one red cent.  No way.

Want to see a fucking revolution...try this crazy shit!

That loudmouth bitch Maxine Waters already gets federal checks passed out to her homies in Souf Central, so they can buy ammo and drugs...now they want more?

Fuggedddaboutit!!!

Reparations?   [50]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Reperations is just another "poor pitiful me" ploy (number 15,289) by the demorats. End of story. I believe EVERY CONCORED PEOPLE SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME were used as slaves. Are they all whinning for a check? My ancestors did a little slave labor in Scotland!!! Where's my check??? hahaha
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
In the late 1870s My great-great-grandfather came here form Norway.  He became a pawn of a heartless and cruel Government-Corporate conspiracy to settle extra railroad land, and snookered into moving to North Dakota.

North Dakota!  Who wants to live there?

For the angush and frigid suffering of my forebears, gimme some cash.

Or a new rifle.

Arise, my brothers of Scandinavian heritage, eh!
View Quote

Hey my grandma came from Norway and lives in N.Dakota.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 12:55:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Does anyone listen to Ben Folds' music?

Ever hear the song "Rockin' the Suburbs"?

I think it truly ROCKS.

(An out-take)

in a haze these days
i pull up to the stoplight
i can feel that something's not right
i can feel that someone's blasting me
with hate and bass
sending dirty vibes my way
cause my great great great great grandad
made someone's great great great great grandaddy slaves
it wasn't my idea
it wasn't my idea
it never was my idea
i just drove to the store
for some preparation h

ya'll don't know what it's like
being male, middle class and white
it gets me real pissed off and it makes me wanna say
fuck

My sentiments exactly...
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 1:23:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Ok, lets look at this another way:

A black that was entitled to the 40 acres and a mule would have died and his offspring would have inherited the land.

After the inheritance were diluted throughout the last 100 years, what would have been left for modern day blacks?  

Looks to me like it would have been 2 square feet and a muleburger to me!

I want my Norwegitalian reparations!  The white man has held me down long enough, I need a freebee!

Ya'll a bunch of cracka ass crackas!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top