Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2002 9:44:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 9:45:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 10:29:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I got so disgusted that I stopped reading right after the graphic description of how he murdered her.  

Sick fucking scum.[pissed]
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 10:57:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a teenage [B]stepdaughter[/B] who contacted a convicted murderer through the net and is now his pen-pal. Sent him pictures of herself and my home address. The girl is braindead.......

Link Posted: 8/14/2002 11:25:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't have any children but if I did I think I would be very vigilant about what he/she was doing on the net...its an open playing field with no rules...

I recently read an article in Soldier of Fortune about how they kidnap young children here in America for the sex/slave trade overseas...thats damn scary also.

Damn shame about this young girl...hope he gets fried.

Link Posted: 8/14/2002 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#6]
grrrrrrr.

hate to say it, but part of me is thinking that this girl needed a little more discipline in her life.  what was she thinking, letting a complete stranger in to her house when no adults were around?  poor judgement.

however, don't think that i'm giving the scumbag an excuse.  i just think that he never should have had the chance "to just snap".

things like this anger me because there is nothing wrong with meeting people over the internet (how many of us have met other ARF.COMmers because of the internet).  it's just that good sense and judgement don't seem to play a part in the decision of who, where, and when to commence these meetings.

[rolleyes] and who leaves their 14 y/o daughter alone for a weekend?
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 12:00:18 PM EDT
[#7]
He killed her because she lied about herself in an internet conversation.  I'm sorry, as horrible as his crime is, his motive was pretty G-D funny.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 12:06:55 PM EDT
[#8]
i use AOL IM, and people have threatened me, ask to meet me and such.  i have only gone to meet someone once.  but they never showed up. and i was gonna meet "her" in a public place. also had really good backup/snipers positioned incase the situation went sour.  i had 5 different esscape routes.  it looked like i was the secret service planning the presidents convoy travle routes.  lol it was cool.  but i wouldnt ever meet someone at my house. alone.  strenght in #s!
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 12:18:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
He killed her because she lied about herself in an internet conversation.  I'm sorry, as horrible as his crime is, his motive was pretty G-D funny.
View Quote

Funny? More like utterly pathetic...
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
King cannot be charged with first-degree murder because he is younger than the minimum age of 18 years, Dougherty said at a news conference with state police Monday.
View Quote

Be sure to thank the next liberal, children's rights advocate you see.

Link Posted: 8/14/2002 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have a teenage [B]stepdaughter[/B] who contacted a convicted murderer through the net and is now his pen-pal. Sent him pictures of herself and my home address. The girl is braindead.......
View Quote

Have you ever read about a guy who got caught speeding by a stop light camera and get a ticket in the mail for 40 bucks along with a pic of his license plate? The idiot sent the cops a pic of $40.00. Later on, he got a pic of a pair of handcuffs in which he then sent a check for the fine. Why not send the con a pic of your AR? [;D]
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 2:42:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't have any children but if I did I think I would be very vigilant about what he/she was doing on the net...its an open playing field with no rules...

I recently read an article in Soldier of Fortune about how they kidnap young children here in America for the sex/slave trade overseas...thats damn scary also.

Damn shame about this young girl...hope he gets fried.

View Quote

Which issue are you referring to?
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 2:49:16 PM EDT
[#13]
sarcasm mode on: "we need to and instant messages for the children of course" sarcasm mode off

serusily how f*cking stupid can some people be.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Have you ever read about a guy who got caught speeding by a stop light camera and get a ticket in the mail for 40 bucks along with a pic of his license plate? The idiot sent the cops a pic of $40.00. Later on, he got a pic of a pair of handcuffs in which he then sent a check for the fine. Why not send the con a pic of your AR? [;D]
View Quote

Since half of the PA prison system knows my home addy I doubt if this would do me much good but I appreciate the suggestion.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 9:24:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Well...

My sister was an IM-a-holic in high school. But she primarily used it to talk to her school friends, since there was only money for 2 phone lines, and since my parents felt that my business/school need for an allways on modem connection beat her 'need' to be able to yap on the phone all day, she picked up AIM (untill I firewalled it, as it caused some nasty ping problems).

Stupid (now dead) kid... Don't invite a total stranger (Especially (as a teenage female) a teenage male) over without backup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top