Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2002 8:47:34 AM EDT
I have decided to sell the mouse I used on Spetember 11 while trying to stay informed as to what was going on.  It is an old Logitech but I have used a mechanical pencil tip to etch "Operation Enduring Freedom - 09-11-01 - Never Forget - Let's Roll" on the top.  I also used a set of Sharpie permanent markers to draw some really cool little flags and stuff on it.

I'll take $100 for it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 8:55:51 AM EDT
[#1]
i'm sorry, but you dont think anyone is really gonna buy your mouse.  do you?  furthur more, how can you sell something based on the  of others lives!!!  also, just what kind of person is greedy enough to sell crap in the name of Patriotism after such a event....its just wrong!
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 8:56:05 AM EDT
[#2]
BTW, in case someone is really dense, I'm not really selling anything, just trying to make a small point.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 8:58:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you serious?

I hope not, because it's probably the dumbest thing I've ever read.

Hell, if you ARE serious, I'll put up for sale the cellphone I used to call everyone I knew that morning to make sure they were all alright, after I woke up, looked outside, and saw the smoke/flames.

Talk about fucking tasteless.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 8:59:04 AM EDT
[#4]
i guess i am dense, whats the point?  
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 9:01:51 AM EDT
[#5]
You guys are starting to get my point.  What is the difference between this, then, and all the "Commemorative" guns for sale around here?  I just don't see a difference.  Making a buck off the suffering and pain of others is wrong irrespective of the fact that it is a gun and this is a gun-related forum.

[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=74&t=139337[/url]
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Take a close look. Notice anything? My pistol will [b]never[/b] be sold. This is where some of my O/T money went...

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Waverunner%2FDWSlide%2Ejpg[/img]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Waverunner%2FDWSlide2%2Ejpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Dammit Ray, quit pointing that gun at us!
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#8]
ArmedAggie,

I'll trade you for the TV I used to watch the events which transpired on that awful day.  It hasn't been turned on ever since, so perhaps there's still a shadow of the FOX NEWS TICKER  at the bottom of the screen.  The blank screen will remind you of the empty spot where 2 great buildings once stood, and the remote control will surely make you think of the walkie talkies used by the NYFD as the frantically tried to rescue all the helpless people.

(BTW, if anyone else can't figure it out, I think ArmedAggie was being somewhat sarcastic and critical of the 9/11 exploitation going on...)
[:D]

edited to add:
[USA]
because I was being sarcastic, too.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 9:41:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Ahhhh...yes....sarcasm and irony, dying arts.  

I don't think every one of these types of things is pure exploitation.  However, I would suspect that the vast majority are.  No matter how it is wrapped, presented or justified, most of this stuff has very little to do with commemoration and everything to do with money.  That pisses me off.  I thought it probably pissed off a lot of you off as well.  

This seems to be a huge onion of which I have only touch on the first layer.  I dare not voice my opinions about any others.  Besides, their just my opinions, nothing more.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You guys are starting to get my point.  What is the difference between this, then, and all the "Commemorative" guns for sale around here?  I just don't see a difference.  Making a buck off the suffering and pain of others is wrong irrespective of the fact that it is a gun and this is a gun-related forum.

View Quote

the difference in my opinion, is that your standing up to ism by exersising your rights.  also by spending money to a company, not to a individual (who just wants $).  so is there anything wrong with Veit Nam Special Edition Rifles?  i have seen those too.  bye buying Sept. 11th guns we are infact standing up to ism while honoring the .  by selling a mouse (over priced) just because it has some markings on it and scraped in stuff, dosnt make it right.  it serves no purpose expect to expand the sellers pocket book. thats just my take on it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Ahhh dammit... I had just transferred the funds into my PayPal account, and now you tell me it was just a joke..?  

You lying bastard! [}:D]
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

the difference in my opinion, is that your standing up to ism by exersising your rights.  also by spending money to a company, not to a individual (who just wants $).  so is there anything wrong with Veit Nam Special Edition Rifles?  i have seen those too.  bye buying Sept. 11th guns we are infact standing up to ism while honoring the .  by selling a mouse (over priced) just because it has some markings on it and scraped in stuff, dosnt make it right.  it serves no purpose expect to expand the sellers pocket book. thats just my take on it.
View Quote

Citabria, there is no mouse!  I made it up to illustrate my point!  Part of that point being that some of these turds will try to sell anything under the premise that it is a "Commemorative".  Come on, man, put down the booze and try to keep up.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 9:58:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Citabria,

do you want to buy my TV?
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 10:16:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Citabria, there is no mouse!  
View Quote

Thank God you finally told him. My gut was about to fucking bust open from laughing so hard.....you guys....[:)]
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

So how do you operate your PC..?
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 10:29:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Trackball.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 10:31:25 AM EDT
[#17]
It was meant as  --> S A R C A S M <--
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Infra-[red]Red[/red] Cat????????????

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm selling the underwear I had on on Sept 11.

Out of respect to those who lost their lives, I have worn the same undies until this present day, and will remove them on the 1 year anniversary, as a tribute to our fallen heroes.

No, I have NOT showered in them, so they emanate FULL STRENGTH  ode du garandman.

Bids start at $50K.

garand(AnybodyGotAGoodPryBar?)man

[BD]

Link Posted: 8/14/2002 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Armed Aggie

Providing the mouse is made by Franklin Mint and comes with a certificate of authenticity I would be very interested. I presume shipping and handling are about $59.95.

Would there be any kind of gold plateing? I am hoping that it is 24K and also does it come with like a free robe or something that I can keep if I decide to return for a full refund?

Cannot believe I finally found one of these in this condition.

Gman, Thanks for the reminder, kinda forgot to bathe this week. Hope the sun is out so the cement pond has warm water.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#21]
This is starting to remind me of the debris from the towers that was sent down south. The metal was melted and turned into commemorative items. They sold for like 30 bucks a pop. Weren't all that metal evidence? I also remember about some of the debris going out to a scrap yard that out in the island that was said to be controlled by the mob. They even got a mangled firetruck there. Again, isn't it evidence at the time? I don't see how making money is more valuable than gathering evidence to build a case.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 3:14:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
No, I have NOT showered in them, so they emanate FULL STRENGTH  ode du garandman.

Bids start at $50K.

garand(AnybodyGotAGoodPryBar?)man

[BD]

View Quote

Oh, I think this goes way beyond a prybar.  The only way out of those is liquid nitrogen and a hammer...  Be forewarned, though; it really stings the first time.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#23]
FROM MICE, TO TVs TO FREAKING UNDERWARE!  ya'll take credit cards? [:D]
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#25]
that offer is very interesting....but i dont want to get over charged for s but it turn out to be only racing stripes!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top