Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2012 5:38:05 PM EDT
Being the recipient of root canal dentistry sucks.  Duh.
Not wanting 4 hands, multiple tools and a rubber dam in my mouth at the same time, I opted for 'Sedation Dentistry'.
This is tooth #14, 2nd molar from the back, top left.  It has already had a root canal, a crown, and a re-crown.
When it became irritated, I was sent to the Endodontist who specializes in this type of dentistry.
They took a 360-degree X-Ray and I got to see this problem on-screen from all angles.  Cool.

Triazolam was prescribed and administered.
Successful beyond my imagination.
"Here, take these NOW."
"...mmm-OK."
25 minutes later, my eyes were closed and I was comfortable.
1 & 1/2 HOURS later, they were done!
No recollection of 99% of the procedure.

NOW, to the pus pocket ( or whatever it is ).
I still have a 'sensitive and swollen bump' on the gum next to the area that was worked on.
The Endodontist called to check on me a couple days after the procedure and said it would go away.
I'm tempted to POP IT...!!!  
I want to relieve that pressure.

Yay or nay?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Use the picck––what's thee worse that can happen?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#2]
So when you woke up were you sore anywhere other than your mouth?  

If you pop, do it with a sterile needle.  Better to not pop it, and let the doc do his job.  I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear.  

If you do pop it, get video for epic shock/gross points.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Pop it. It's trying to drain.

I'd be concerned about who did your previous dental work. I had a root canal where they missed a root. Had it redone years later and it still caused problems. I finally had it pulled and should have done that the very first time......
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I think this tooth was originally worked on almost 15 years ago.
No pain...anywhere.  
I used a dental mirror at home to look at this and decided I'd use 'Brandy Therapy'...
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Wife said leave it alone, she's a DDS. You now have the wisdom of two dentists. Where should I send the bill.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wife said leave it alone, she's a DDS. You now have the wisdom of two dentists. Where should I send the bill.

No worries your Obamacare check is already in the mail, dont worry we will pay you the amount we think is fair.....
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I had the cats scan it.
They also believe that you should leave it alone. Where should I send the cat scan bill to?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#8]
My Cats can't scan Jack, and I have sure tried to teach them. (Bunch of retards!) How did You teach your cats to run a scanner?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top