Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2012 5:25:10 PM EDT
Got an invitation call to come to their private showroom and need the low down. They are going to give me a key to try in a lock for a $50,000 home makeover and they will give me a tablet if we show up.

Good or Bad?

Edit for Poll
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:33:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Timeshare style buying club.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:34:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Run
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:35:52 PM EDT
[#3]
High pressure sales tactics used to get you to join.   Membership fee is high.   Not worth it unless you have multiple rental properties that you neet to buy things for,  or maybe if you are building a house and plan to buy all your interior items from them.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:36:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Do I go and try the key and receive the free tablet?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

High pressure sales tactics used to get you to join.   Membership fee is high.   Not worth it unless you have multiple rental properties that you neet to buy things for,  or maybe if you are building a house and plan to buy all your interior items from them.

This

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You ain't getting a free tablet.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I decided against it when I had the chance.  Surprisingly they never called back.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Good luck with that
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#9]
You will be forced to make a decision before you leave and it better be yes. Their prices are a load of shit, claiming "wholesale". I spent years battling the bullshit  they spew and while in senior retail management spoke with the owners of several large casual furniture manufacturers regarding this.  Confirmed, they charge you you 15-20% over true wholesale plus freight.   No assembly and when (not if) your shit shows up with freight damage, let me know how many strokes you have because they won't help.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#10]
They either scam you for thousands, or you scam them for thousands.  Usually the former.

They will probably fuck your wife too.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Very bad idea.  Google is your friend.

Nothing is free.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:49:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Very bad idea.  Google is your friend.

Nothing is free.

I did after I posted and got some heads up. It's crazy but some do say they did ok. I have already bought all new kitchen appliances and TVs  but I was thinking more along the lines of a new bathroom shower set up.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/furniture/directbuy.html
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#13]
AVOID
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top