Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2012 3:08:20 PM EDT
I've been TVless for the last 18 months. I bought a TV 10 days ago.  
Hi sense 42" LCD 1080p 60hz on clearance from wallyworld. I knew I would be working on Thanksgiving/black Friday so I jumped on a decent price last week.

I've also got a sony bluray player and really old Xbox 360

I just got the TV mounted on the wall. Looks great

Only problem is it seems to be automatically set on 480p.

What other settings or things do I need to change or adjust to get the most out of the TV?
Anything else I need to know?
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#1]
it maybe showing 480 because unless you get a hd receiver with your dish or cable usually at additional cost, or use a antennae to pull a hd signal thats all that will come out. now if you have that already thats another story.

hook the blu-ray up hdmi, if it did not come with a cable buy one of the $3-5 ones, not the $40 ones. you can order those online, or maybe get one at brandsmart, frys , microcenter, tigerdirect
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
it maybe showing 480 because unless you get a hd receiver with your dish or cable usually at additional cost, or use a antennae to pull a hd signal thats all that will come out. now if you have that already thats another story.

hook the blu-ray up hdmi, if it did not come with a cable buy one of the $3-5 ones, not the $40 ones. you can order those online, or maybe get one at brandsmart, frys , microcenter, tigerdirect

Don't have cable/satelitte so speaking strictly about bluray.

I've got 2 HDMI cords. Using one to hook up the sony bluray to the TV
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The res is either in the TV or the Blu-ray menus,you either have to read the books or search on the remotes .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top