Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2012 2:39:16 PM EDT
dc has 78 homicides so far and is on track for 100 or LESS this year! first time evar!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:40:21 PM EDT
[#1]
gun control is working!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that an improvement
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:43:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Is that an improvement

usually 250-300

i bet most of the drop is the criminals moving to va and md.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#4]
My small city has already broken it's own homicide record.  Just had a shooting around the corner from me today at 2:30
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted: Is that an improvement
usually 250-300 i bet most of the drop is the criminals moving to va and md.
DC is full of democrats and blacks. So is it any surprise that murders are high?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:47:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I live in the middle of nowhere.  It's not a city, a town, a community nor does it even have an unincorporated name.  But as far as I know, there hasn't been a murder anywhere near me for 33 years.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:48:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Is that an improvement

usually 250-300

what he said, numbers wise. dc used to alternate with nyc as murder capital of the us.

could be right about the move, fairfax and annandale kowtow to the illegals but prince william chased them into md with a corresponding drop in crime (you guys shouldn't have announced you'd take all the downtrodden chased out by mean old virginny!).
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#8]
delayed double tap
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:49:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I live in the middle of nowhere.  It's not a city, a town, a community nor does it even has an unincorporated name.  But as far as I know, there hasn't been a murder anywhere near me for 33 years.

too tiring climbing up and down them hollers to do crime!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:50:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I live in the middle of nowhere.  It's not a city, a town, a community nor does it even have an unincorporated name.  But as far as I know, there hasn't been a murder anywhere near me for 33 years.

too tiring climbing up and down them hollers to do crime!

It would require "work".

ETA:  But yea, on a serious note; the average Fudd around here reloads some and has at least one safe full.  And even though the Fudd ratio is high around here, the gun enthusiast/Black Rifle Fan ratio is also high.  In short, gun ownership in WV is so high, it definitely keeps the stats down.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:01:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
gun control is working!

Actually, you could call the lower number is the result of now although hard law abiding people being able to buy guns.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Is that an improvement

usually 250-300

It's largely been pushed in to PG County. A lot of that has to do with the increased police presence from the Verizon Center and Nationals Park.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
gun control is working!

Actually, you could call the lower number is the result of now although hard law abiding people being able to buy guns.

Honestly, it probably doesn't have much to do with guns either way.

Hasn't the murder rate been going down nationwide for the past 10 or 15 years?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#14]
An influx of White people will do that for your city.
D.C. hasn't been majority Black for a couple of years now.

In other news, Baltimore surpassed last years homicide tally this week.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:09:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Baltimore is basically a third world country. Real talk: Id go back to Afghanistan before I'd get out of my car anywhere in Bmore except the aquarium
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#16]
DC has a lot of catching up to do if it wants to compete with Chicago. 436 as of Oct 30!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

...why would people move there?

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Government is a growth industry.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Turns out a guy that is suspected of shooting a cab driver in DC was also arrested for shooting a couple walking their dog killing the woman.
http://smnewsnet.com/archives/30940

UPDATE: On Tuesday, Nov. 13 in a 4:30 press conference, Charles County Sheriff’s Office announced to the media that they had arrested, Joshua Terrell Mebane, 17, as a suspect in the Nov. 7 death of a taxicab driver in D.C. Mebane is also being charged in the death of a Waldorf woman, Teresa Bass, last month on Oct. 26.

Mebane was charged with first degree murder and attempted murder in the death of Bass, who was shot while walking the family dog bike path in Waldorf. Bass’ husband was with her at the time of the shooting and was critically injured during the attack.
The arrest was the result of a joint investigation involving Charles County Sheriff and Metropolitan Police. The agencies shared ballistic and other information as part the joint investigation.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Baltimore is a great city with a lot of history, culture and renowned institutions.
Unfortunately, it also has a pest problem.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Nope, still a majority black.  They killed themselves off so it had to come down.  

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Our town has apparently been having some kind of gang war going on all year.  Everyday there are several shooting in which the victim was shot in either the leg or foot.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, still a majority black.  They killed themselves off so it had to come down.  

http://www.clrsearch.com/Demographic?state_id=349357&city_id=317119&place=Washington%2c+DC&state=District+of+Columbia&chart=populationbyrace

From Wikipedia:

According to the 2010 Census, the population of Washington, D.C., was 50.7% Black or African American, 38.5% White (34.8% non-Hispanic White), 3.5% Asian, and 0.3% Native American. Individuals from other races made up 4.1% of the District's population while individuals from two or more races made up 2.9%. Hispanics of any race made up 9.1% of the District's population.[84]

In the intervening years that number has dropped below 50%. Washington, D.C. is no longer a majority Black city.
And there was much rending of cloth and gnashing of teeth by the negro community when this was announced and discussed in the media.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a cool city, the politics (and to a lesser degree the housing prices) are the only thing keeping me out.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:00:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.clrsearch.com/Demographic?state_id=349357&city_id=317119&place=Washington%2c+DC&state=District+of+Columbia&chart=populationbyrace

From Wikipedia:

According to the 2010 Census, the population of Washington, D.C., was 50.7% Black or African American, 38.5% White (34.8% non-Hispanic White), 3.5% Asian, and 0.3% Native American. Individuals from other races made up 4.1% of the District's population while individuals from two or more races made up 2.9%. Hispanics of any race made up 9.1% of the District's population.[84]

In the intervening years that number has dropped below 50%. Washington, D.C. is no longer a majority Black city.

And there was much rending of cloth and gnashing of teeth by the negro community when this was announced and discussed in the media.

I see what your saying the are not over 50% of the population but they are still the most populous race.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:01:37 PM EDT
[#27]
yes that is an improvement.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

From Wikipedia:

I see what your saying the are not over 50% of the population but they are still the most populous race.

The solution to pollution is dilution.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top