Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2012 10:47:51 AM EDT
Wife scored an IPAD 2 for me for Christmas. I am a pilot with tons of PDFs and PPTs that I would like to put on it for work. I want something that enables me to highlight the PDFs and preferably something cheap or low cost.

1. How do I go about transferring my 18 gigs of stuff
2. What program should I use for PDF display/highlighting

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#1]
iBooks can handle the PDFs
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Please turn off all electronic items.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
iBooks can handle the PDFs

But there is no highlighting...only issue I have found with it
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:52:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know about highliting, but for the love of everything holy get yourself Foreflight.  It's free to use as long as you're online it's only a subscription if you want to store the charts locally.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't know about highliting, but for the love of everything holy get yourself Foreflight.  It's free to use as long as you're online it's only a subscription if you want to store the charts locally.

Will check it out, thanks
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:59:29 AM EDT
[#6]
The iPad version of Foreflight will also store docs.  I see here an option to bookmark but no highlighting option.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#7]
On my PC, I can create a folder and drop of ton of shit in it...I just want to do that with the IPAD and it appears impossible.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
On my PC, I can create a folder and drop of ton of shit in it...I just want to do that with the IPAD and it appears impossible.

I never learned how to do it with itunes so here is my (and many others) method:

Install Dropbox on PC and create account (that might be first)
Load docs onto Dropbox (create folders, etc, very flexible)
Install Dropbox on iPad (sync account)
All docs will sync

works just as smoothly with iphone
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Can't you only use 2 GB with that?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I use Dropbox to store all of my real estate documentss and then I use an Ipad app called GoodReader to write and highlight documents.  

DropBox

GoodReader
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top