BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2012 8:04:46 AM EDT
My 'few months old' case for a Galaxy Nexus just died:

(Cheap case from Ebay).

I don't like the holster style.

Don't want to keep it in my pocket...

So I need ideas on a durable case that seals reasonably well, is 'smooth' enough on the inside to get the phone out with out struggling when it rings, and can be adjusted to sit horizontally (much more comfortable with the gut hanging over the belt...) that will fit a larger phone in an Otterbox case.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone have a Rugged QX (did a search, looks well built and the XXL size should fit)?

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Why not just use the clip that comes with an otterbox?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 9:19:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why not just use the clip that comes with an otterbox?

I tried the 'holster' for it and managed to break it with the first use.     Might have been me (the 'tab' that held the top of the phone snapped as I was trying to get my phone out.), but I don't like the holster style...rather have a pouch.

AFARR

Edited to add:   Otterbox sent a replacement once I sent them pics of the problem...but I haven't used it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 9:20:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Nite Ize make a nice pouch that fits that discription
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 9:28:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I went with Seidio for my Android after reading less than stellar reviews for the Otterbox*

*which were previously excellent

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 9:53:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I went with Seidio for my Android after reading less than stellar reviews for the Otterbox*

*which were previously excellent

The case (otterbox) itself is fine...no complaints other than it's 'sticky' (not a bad thing overall...put it somewhere and it won't slide, but try to get it out of a case quickly and it doesn't work so well...), just want to put the phone and otterbox combo into a pouch on the belt rather than in my pocket.

I did look at the Nite Ize mentioned above...the Rugged QX has several bad reviews on Amazon, but the Nite Ize is pretty well liked...might go that route.

AFARR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top