Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2012 6:36:01 AM EDT
Covering at the Wound Care Center today...stopped by the office on the way in and boss walks in with a plain cardboard box.    Got himself a Christmas present....new Colt M4 Carbine..came with Magpul furniture, Pmags, Rear BUIS..had a green (anodized?) upper and lower.    Wasn't as wild about the colors, but he got it for $1200 OTD locally.    His first 'black rifle' (I think I rubbed off on him).

So, I pointed out that Primary Arms had more Pmags on sale (but they're out of their red-dots, but he's going to get one for it shortly).

AFARR
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:43:14 AM EDT
[#1]
No pix?

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:43:39 AM EDT
[#2]
But it's not black...
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:45:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Something must be wrong with my laptop because the pictures aint loading.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:47:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Is that a factory color?

I wonder why Armalite / Colt didn't go green from the start, considering the first ARs had green furniture.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:48:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Something must be wrong with my laptop because the pictures aint loading.

This, pics or BS
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:58:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Didn't think to get pics....but I will.   He's already talking about getting out and shooting it soon.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:59:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is that a factory color?

I wonder why Armalite / Colt didn't go green from the start, considering the first ARs had green furniture.

Some kind of factory limited edition.

AFARR

Found it listed at Impact Guns:
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:05:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that a factory color?

AFARR

http://www.impactguns.com/data/default/images/catalog/535/colt_LE6920MPGG-B.jpg

Nice, I like the FDE version better but it's nice to see Colt with so many new options.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:12:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is that a factory color?

AFARR

http://www.impactguns.com/data/default/images/catalog/535/colt_LE6920MPGG-B.jpg

I like it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:19:54 AM EDT
[#10]
You can go to dicks right now and get a way better rifle for 799

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:26:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Guns at your place of work?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:31:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

lol. we always got guns at work. setting up scopes, refinishing stocks, just whatever. mostly just showing off new purchases. I work at a body shop btw
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:33:02 AM EDT
[#13]
which company you prefer for NPWT or Surfaces?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:33:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol. we always got guns at work. setting up scopes, refinishing stocks, just whatever. mostly just showing off new purchases. I work at a body shop btw

Now I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:34:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yep.

I helped one of the bosses and his 17 y.o. son put together an M4 Clone (Palmetto State lower from a local gun store I pointed out to him, Stag kit from Legal Transfers on here)...along with the Primary Arms Mini-green dot that they had a few come in (on the way now).

Another boss got an M&P 9 (nice gun) and a Ruger Mk III 22/45...taken him shooting a couple of times to my range...now his 9 y.o. daughter wants to go shooting sometime soon.

The last boss (3 Partners, 1 Associate...that's me) was the one with the M4 in the OP....he's the hunter of the group.  

AFARR
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:34:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Cool.  Nice gun.  Just saw Wound Care Center, guess was thinking of a different type of body shop  lol

Edit nevermind - responded to wrong person
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:35:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Thats bad ass, I thought about doing my build that way instead of the typical OD furniture on black receivers. Kinda wish I would have now.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:35:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

KCI.  

(More from experience).

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:45:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Tell him to get this optic - $119 for a vortex strikefire

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/vortex-strikefire-red-green-dot.html
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

what a sig?  Puhlease!!!  they are full of MIM crap.  Fuck sig.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:04:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Full Troy rifle, with troy alpha rail and troy flip sights, troy mag, everything Troy.  It was a great deal.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:08:11 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

But it's not black...

No, it's green.  An Eco Friendly rifle.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:10:13 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

My server room doubles as the armory this time of year because I keep it locked at all times.  You wouldn't believe the stuff changing hands around Christmas.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

KCI.  

(More from experience).

what about pumps?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:15:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

KCI.  

(More from experience).

what about pumps?

Hey, as long as they suck....

(KCI has the hospital contract, so much, much easier to get than a different company).

Spectrum healch care is the supplier on the pumps, not sure on the manufacturer they use.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:19:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Full Troy rifle, with troy alpha rail and troy flip sights, troy mag, everything Troy.  It was a great deal.

Yes great deal and a very nice gun but definitely not a way better rifle. One could argue a way better deal but to say that this includes quality makes that person lose credibility in my opinion...
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:16:11 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes great deal and a very nice gun but definitely not a way better rifle. One could argue a way better deal but to say that this includes quality makes that person lose credibility in my opinion...
7" hand guards are useless. Its a fundamental problem that can't be overlooked.

Colt has good quality for sure, but you can't hold the rifle correctly. A bunch of magpul crap doesn't fix the fundamental problem.

I can't speak for the Troy quality as mine hasn't come in yet, but everything else I have Troy is good.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

7" hand guards are useless. Its a fundamental problem that can't be overlooked.

Colt has good quality for sure, but you can't hold the rifle correctly. A bunch of magpul crap doesn't fix the fundamental problem.

I can't speak for the Troy quality as mine hasn't come in yet, but everything else I have Troy is good.

Who says you can't hold the rifle correctly with a carbine hand guard? Hope that's not you in your avatar then Is the Troy at $799 a better deal? Probably and I would agree. A better rifle? Hardly. Accessories and cost/value don't correlate with the ultimate quality of the rifle. Not to mention if you don't like the hand guard on the colt there's nothing to keep one from changing it to a low pro configuration.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:26:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who says you can't hold the rifle correctly with a carbine hand guard? Hope that's not you in your avatar then Is the Troy at $799 a better deal? Probably and I would agree. A better rifle? Hardly. Accessories and cost/value don't correlate with the ultimate quality of the rifle. Not to mention if you don't like the hand guard on the colt there's nothing to keep one from changing it to a low pro configuration.

The Colt did come with a Stubby VFG that screws into one of the slots in the bottom of the MOE hand guard.

AFARR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top