Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2012 6:34:44 AM EDT
With Sons of Anarchy being a really popular show are there more and more wannabes and frauds?

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:41:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been seeing more dudes with patched vests cruisig around on motos.  

Not sure if it's just because I have been watching the show, and thus  are now more observant of them.  

Even saw a "banditos" group with a chick on the back wearing a vest that said " bandidos old lady"

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:43:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought this thread was going to be about "real" arfcommers or something

Bikers...meh. You are either in a biker gang or you just like riding bikes. Either way I could care less

Speed

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:44:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have been seeing more dudes with patched vests cruisig around on motos.  

Not sure if it's just because I have been watching the show, and thus  are now more observant of them.  

Even saw a "banditos" group with a chick on the back wearing a vest that said " bandidos old lady"

Banditos are the real deal and pretty big down here. I knew a couple of them and those guys were no joke, they really did some wild stuff.

Seen a guy at a bar in Galveston wearing a Son's of Anarchy Corpus chapter vest, made me kinda laugh.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:48:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Seen a guy at a bar in Galveston wearing a Son's of Anarchy Corpus chapter vest, made me kinda laugh.

Yeah, WTF is up with that??? I mean do they really think they are in some sort of exclusive club or something? I saw a guy around here wearing the vest, triple patched stating "Indianapolis Chapter"
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:52:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:57:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Nothing about that show makes me want to be in a motorcycle club.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:58:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nothing about that show makes me want to be in a motorcycle club.

I can think of a few things about the show I wouldnt kick out of my bed......
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:02:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Somebody on this forum was beating his chest and loudly proclaiming over many posts that he was affiliated with an OMG in a recent Harley thread. Don't remember his name. Swingset, if you're reading this, it was Dual Disk Man.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:08:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, WTF is up with that??? I mean do they really think they are in some sort of exclusive club or something? I saw a guy around here wearing the vest, triple patched stating "Indianapolis Chapter"

There was one in Pennsylvania that had a website claiming to be a real club and denying any connection to the show(despite having the same name, patch, and referring to themselves as "SAMPA" or something similar). Most are probably just dumbasses who think that wearing colors is a good way to show that they are fans.

A lot of guys miss the sense of belonging and camaraderie when they retire from Starfleet. The way I see it, they've  earned the right to be in an MC with their service to the Federation. I'm sure as hell not going to tell them anything.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:11:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There was one in Pennsylvania that had a website claiming to be a real club and denying any connection to the show(despite having the same name, patch, and referring to themselves as "SAMPA" or something similar). Most are probably just dumbasses who think that wearing colors is a good way to show that they are fans.

A lot of guys miss the sense of belonging and camaraderie when they retire from Starfleet.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:13:10 AM EDT
[#11]
SOA didn't cause the rise in midlife crisis bikers.  The rise in midlife crisis bikers caused SOA.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:13:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

If it hasn't happened already, one of those guys is going to walk into the wrong bar at the right time and get the everloving shit kicked out of himself.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:28:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:30:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:34:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I haven't seen any badass bikers with baggy pants and white tennis shoes yet.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:37:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:45:07 AM EDT
[#17]
I havent seen a real outlaw biker in 7 years or more. Used to have one Mongol come around carrying his vest in his backpack because it was a parole violation to wear it. He rode a beach cruiser instead of a motorcycle. Went back to prison for a combo of selling dope and hitting some kid over the head with a flashlight.

Lots of weekend warriors though with various church, work, military, veteren, brand based "patched" club members.

ETA:

SOA is a pretty good TV show.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:52:40 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I havent seen a real outlaw biker in 7 years or more. Used to have one Mongol come around carrying his vest in his backpack because it was a parole violation to wear it. He rode a beach cruiser instead of a motorcycle. Went back to prison for a combo of selling dope and hitting some kid over the head with a flashlight.

Lots of weekend warriors though with various church, work, military, veteren, brand based "patched" club members.

ETA:

SOA is a pretty good TV show.

What did that sound like?  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top