Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2002 3:24:51 AM EDT
I was at my local/favorite FFL yesterday to pick up a 1916 Enfield No. 1, Mark III.  While the shop owner was puttering with my paperwork, I was wandering around, looking at the goods.  This couple were there when I arrived, looking at some blackpowder pistols.

Anyway, the lady walks up to me as I'm browsing and triumphantly announces that her and her husband just purchased Kimber .45's.  I smiled and said, "Those must be very nice, Kimber makes a great .45."

Her answer:  "Yeah, I could shoot you at 45 feet with it."  WTF, over?  I'm sure you could have seen my ears turn red the very instant she finished her sentence.  I mumbled something about the accuracy of the Kimber, and walked away.  My thoughts at that moment will remain my own since they were numerous and unpleasant.

Isn't that just about the D@/\/\N stupidest thing you have ever heard?  This is just what we, as gun owners, need to have some ignorant fool to say to everyone she meets.  I wonder if that is how she brags to non gun owners.

[pissed]<----White Horse

Edited to add:  Give us your best reply to the above comment.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 4:05:15 AM EDT
[#1]
No wonder I can't hit shit at 200yds. My AR15 is only good to 223 feet! And I thought it was my weary eyes![:)]

I guess I'll have to get a 5.56. (they're good out to 556 meters because their metric, right??

(Post #300...woohoo! Watch out ETH, here I come!)
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 4:05:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Edited to add:  Give us your best reply to the above comment.
View Quote

"I could shoot you at 45 feet with it."

Not before I hit you in the head with my Glock 9mm.

Link Posted: 8/14/2002 4:16:17 AM EDT
[#3]
How about:

"Maybe, but I can beat the shit out of you right here."
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 4:39:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh, well then I guess I'd better stand 40 feet from you.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 4:42:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not before I hit you in the head with my Glock 9mm.
View Quote

Yes, but to be accurate w/ a Glock, you must enough clear distance to get good boomerang action! [}:D]
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 4:50:02 AM EDT
[#6]
i probably would have just looked at her and said "i hope you never have to shoot anyone with it."

Link Posted: 8/14/2002 4:54:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
i probably would have just looked at her and said "i hope you never have to shoot anyone with it."

View Quote

Exactly. A response like that would, at least in this case, be more telling than any wise-crack we could think of.

Perhaps a simple, "You know, lady, you're an idiot" would have sufficed.
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 5:34:28 AM EDT
[#8]

You should have said, "Why would you want to shoot me, your husband is the one sleeping with your neighbor".

Link Posted: 8/14/2002 5:57:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You should have said, "Why would you want to shoot me, your husband is the one sleeping with your neighbor".

View Quote

If that isn't a good way to start a gunfight with a woman, I don't know what is.  (Doh!)
Link Posted: 8/14/2002 6:09:31 AM EDT
[#10]
There is indeed an unlimited supply of dumbshits in the world, and worse, they are allowed to breed, and it is getting near to impossible to go out without running into them, as your story proves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top