Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2012 2:32:46 PM EDT
It was bound to happen.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/11/21/turkey-complaints-on-the-rise-in-brookline/

Neighbors are on the offensive in Brookline after what some residents are describing as aggressive turkeys.

“They were attacking the vehicle,” Karen Halvorson said outside her home in the Aspinwall Hill neighborhood.

After getting in her truck, a neighbor came and ran the birds off but it didn’t stop there.

“Then, the turkeys came and started attacking my front door,” she said.

A second run-in came a few weeks ago as she walked nearby.

“I looked back and three of them charged me,” she explained.

She moved to the center of the street to avoid the animals, but it wasn’t enough.

“The turkey flew in my face and scratched my neck,” she said.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:46:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I swear, as god as my witness I thought turkeys could fly.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Turkeys are too dumb for malice.

My wife was a traveling nurse for a while.  Stopped at one guy's house and his wife spent the whole time she was there shooing the turkeys away from her car.

They see themselves in the reflection on the paint, and peck at it.  It fucks the paint all up.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Peacocks can fly, but it's ugly.  When they land, it's like a sack of shit hitting the ground.  Hilarious.

Used to have one named Pete.  He just showed up one day, and then one day he was gone.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think these problems exist in places where guns and hunting are the norm.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:55:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

FPNI and an age test

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Turkeys are too dumb for malice.

My wife was a traveling nurse for a while.  Stopped at one guy's house and his wife spent the whole time she was there shooing the turkeys away from her car.

They see themselves in the reflection on the paint, and peck at it.  It fucks the paint all up.

Actually, they do get pretty agressive. We have Naragansett's we raise that are getting uppity. The thing to do is not back down and keep an eye on them. When they move at you, you move at them and wave your arms and they'll back the hell off.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:58:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:09:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Thanks for posting that, classic shit right there. Bailey
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks for posting that, classic shit right there. Bailey

Bailey > Jennifer.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#12]
“I can’t believe we’re living this way,” she said. Town Selectman Nancy Daly is helping coordinate the  gathering which she said will likely be held December 6. She wants anyone who has had a run-in with a turkey to attend and tell their story.

The only turkeys that need to be dealt with, are the leaders of the community. WTF is wrong with them?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top