Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2012 11:42:54 AM EDT
Ok I am ng at buying a new mustang!! Which one from the showroom floor will be the best bang for my money. Which one offered to the public is the best to get? Ex- Roush, Boss, and so on. Thanks for input. Lets .not turn vett vs stang thread I have always had a thing for mustangs
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ok I am ng at buying a new mustang!! Which one from the showroom floor will be the best bang for my money. Which one offered to the public is the best to get? Ex- Roush, Boss, and so on. Thanks for input. Lets .not turn vett vs stang thread I have always had a thing for mustangs

GT500 is the best you can get right now. But it comes with a $60k+ price tag. The Boss 302 would be a great investment and they did a hell of a job with that car. Roush is an aftermarket company, not a Ford thing, but they do make some great mods to the cars.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#2]
actually there are factory Rousch packages that can be bought off the store room floor at some certified Ford dealerships.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:59:00 AM EDT
[#3]
This will be a personal choice, you are not comparing the 500 HP version to the 200 HP version, you are looking at the higher end models, more performance models.

To some an extra 50 HP and a .01 second 0-60 quicker time is worth the $$$$.

I would look for the other features that you want, seat comfort, ride, handling etc. to help decide what works for you.

When Mrs. Kubota was GF Kubota she was car shopping and decided that the Acura even though had more power and more fun to drive, was not worth the little bit harsher ride and more $$$ over the Honda or Mazda, she ended up with the Mazda.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:59:41 AM EDT
[#4]
If you got the cash get the Super Snake, if not get the Boss, if not get the Gt.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:18:06 PM EDT
[#5]
GT500,  After that just get a V8 and a standard shift.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:33:51 PM EDT
[#6]

They're discontinuing the Boss. It's my personal fave.

Better check the insurance costs before you buy anything.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#7]
301 BOSS.

Do it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

301 BOSS.

Do it.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:38:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Hands down, Boss.  Mustang Week at Myrtle Beach had a gazillion Shelby's.  only saw a hand full of the Boss cars.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:07:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Best budget Mustang is the base 5.0 with Performance Package (Boss 302 suspension + Brembo brakes + big wheels /.tires) and Recaro seat option.  

Comes out to around $10K less than the Boss, but with all the real goodies.  If you've got to have the extra 20hp the Boss has, you can buy the upgrade parts from Ford Racing for alot less than the cash you save buying the car.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If I am willing to drop 50+ g's on a car dont think ins is going to sway my decision. And besides it will not b classified as a DD. Just a weekend driver or beach trip car. That helps on ins.

Thanks keep the opinions coming, I like the gt500 , boss and liking the super snake!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Best budget Mustang is the base 5.0 with Performance Package (Boss 302 suspension + Brembo nrakes + big wheels /.tires) and Recaro seat option.  

Comes out to around $10K less than the Boss, but with all the real goodies.  If you've got to have the extra 20hp the Boss has, you can buy the upgrade parts from Ford Racing for alot less than the cash you save buying the car.

I've read the same thing.

Run it until the warranty is done and it's paid off, then throw a blower on it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I own a 2008 GT 500 and a 2011 5.0 GT. BOTH cars are great. The GT has been worked and still van not touch the GT 500.

Get what you feel comfortable paying for and ENJOY life.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:35:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:41:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

GT.

You can choose to get certain performance options with the car from the start or try it out as is and modify it as you desire.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

GT obviously, 420hp for $34k to 40+ loaded. Don't get the stupid glass roof, it weighs a ton.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Boss will be out of production soon so the LS would be the best bet. It was only slated for a 2 year run.

Then the GT500

Then a GT

The new mustang comes out next year by the way. Independent rear, new engine, trans and everything. You might want to wait to see what is coming. If you dont like the new styling you will definitely be able to get a deal on a 13 that they are going to try and move off the lots.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:48:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Shelby GT500,boss, V6 in that order

I got the V6 because thats all I could afford to pay up front with and I can get 40mpg on the highway

But for the price of a speced out Gt you could pony up another 3 grand and get a boss :/
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:49:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

GT obviously, 420hp for $34k to 40+ loaded. Don't get the stupid glass roof, it weighs a ton.  

The glass roof adds 28#'s to the Mustang.  Not a lot.  The downside is it is at the top of the cars center of gravity so if you are going to be doing a lot of tracking and road racing it would not be a good choice.

Quoted:
Shelby GT500,boss, V6 in that order

I got the V6 because thats all I could afford to pay up front with and I can get 40mpg on the highway

But for the price of a speced out Gt you could pony up another 3 grand and get a boss :/

Seriously dude?  That's 9 more than it is rated for and about the same as a Fiesta.  That has to be a typo.

Does your 1 ton diesel get 30mpg too?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:53:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I am willing to drop 50+ g's on a car dont think ins is going to sway my decision. And besides it will not b classified as a DD. Just a weekend driver or beach trip car. That helps on ins.

Thanks keep the opinions coming, I like the gt500 , boss and liking the super snake!!

OK Mr. Moneybags. Didn't mean to question your financial acumen. I forgot that you're another internet billionaire.

It was probably your inability to scrape up $24 for a membership that threw me.

Have fun choosing your new penis extender mobile.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Best budget Mustang is the base 5.0 with Performance Package (Boss 302 suspension + Brembo nrakes + big wheels /.tires) and Recaro seat option.  

+1 if you're hung on a Mustang. The secret to life is in the speed shop, not the dealership.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:03:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK Mr. Moneybags. Didn't mean to question your financial acumen. I forgot that you're another internet billionaire.

You're being rude. Not everyone parks a $50k car in front of a trailer.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:37:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Not a internet billionaire fer sure!! And second I never buy a membership to any websites! I would rather spend my money on shirts hats and other stuff like that. Thats the way I support this site.

Dont have a need a penis extension I am very comfortable with a SBR!!

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Not a internet billionaire fer sure!! And second I never buy a membership to any websites! I would rather spend my money on shirts hats and other stuff like that. Thats the way I support this site.

Dont have a need a penis extension I am very comfortable with a SBR!!

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet! Pics of hats, stuff and SBR!

What color are you thinking?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:08:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Best budget Mustang is the base 5.0 with Performance Package (Boss 302 suspension + Brembo brakes + big wheels /.tires) and Recaro seat option.  

This unless your going to bank on resale value. Plus you won't have to worry about offending us mustang purists by defiling a real Boss with aftermarket upgrades
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I like the diff grays and silver's, and black, both with some kind of ghosting rally stripes.as far as aftermarket parts I am either going to buy a mustang with all the fixings or a nice 5.0 and do the work myself!! Either way the tires, wheels, and paint will b changed for sure.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Turkey gravy just came out of my nose.  Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top