Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/21/2012 4:02:16 PM EDT
Geraldo Rivera interviewed Tom Stemberg (Staples co-founder with Mitt Romney) on Monday and they both blamed Romney's election loss on the fact that if Mitt didn't have to lie about his real positions on the issues to get the Republican nomination he could have run more to the left in the general election. They blamed the loss on the primary process that requires candidates to be 'conservative' to get the nomination. Romney should have been able to be pro-choice, pro-gay marriage, pro-amnesty, to get the Republican nomination and then he wouldn't have had to fight those issues in the general election.

Tom Stemberg is personal friend and business partner of Mitt Romney's and he told the truth about Mitt. A truth that Mitt and his team were hiding from the American right. Poor Mitt. caught in a web of lies about his real positions.

Guess Obama's lies are better because at least we can all agree that a Democrat is supposed to lie, it's in their DNA.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
PigButtons  you say your name is?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:08:41 PM EDT
[#2]
My name is Duane. Does that somehow affect the veracity of what I've posted? I'm just reporting what I heard on the radio, except for the last line which was editorial opinion.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Romney lost for one reason. He offered jobs to a country that no longer wants to work.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:13:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Half right.  Which for Geraldo is a minor miracle by itself.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Which half?  I'm not a Geraldo fan but my local station put him on in place of Neal Bortz after Bortz announced retirement. Sucks but Geraldo works cheaper, or so they said.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:37:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Romney was the most liberal of them and yet he got the nomination, so I don't see how that computes.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Geraldo knows Rino-plasty.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Romney was the most liberal of them and yet he got the nomination, so I don't see how that computes.  

Most liberal but still not true to his roots. They said, "He had to move so far to the right that he couldn't possibly win the general election."
So it wasn't that he was right of any of the other Republicans, but rather that he had to move right of where his real positions are. Then in the general he had to at least give some lip service to those new more right wing positions or he'd be viewed as a flip-flopper.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#9]
FUCK Geraldo Rivera

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:09:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Even a broken clock is right twice a day...
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#12]
i like how the far right is now where the democrats used to be.  in another 20 years where the democrats are now will be considered the far right.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My name is Duane. Does that somehow affect the veracity of what I've posted? I'm just reporting what I heard on the radio, except for the last line which was editorial opinion.

Well you are now called Pigbuttons

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I see Jerry Rivers is as astute with political commentary as he is investigating secret vaults.  

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQeA716UU-muZzeZko9a8DgMqFxLDVSBjXpmGbzPtY3cOlfSRWSUA

He's not exactly a pundit; he's on the par with the "cognoscenti" who chew the fat on "The View".
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:13:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well you are now called Pigbuttons

Hey; he did it to himself.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:15:46 PM EDT
[#16]
wow this actually prolly the first time ever, Id agreee with jeralado
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Came in here to post this very thought.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which half?  I'm not a Geraldo fan but my local station put him on in place of Neal Bortz after Bortz announced retirement. Sucks but Geraldo works cheaper, or so they said.

The half about the primaries.

Geraldo is still a hack pos.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Romney lost for one reason. He offered jobs to a country that no longer wants to work.

Our epitaph.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most liberal but still not true to his roots. They said, "He had to move so far to the right that he couldn't possibly win the general election."
So it wasn't that he was right of any of the other Republicans, but rather that he had to move right of where his real positions are. Then in the general he had to at least give some lip service to those new more right wing positions or he'd be viewed as a flip-flopper.

The only genuine position Mitt Romney has ever held is that Mitt Romney should be president.

That was the real problem, that and not being willing/able to articulate anything resembling a platform, which is what happens when you don't believe in anything.

He couldn't even articulate a fiscal plan that added up.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#23]
If I remember when Geraldo was a reporter and did his story about Willowbrook does that make me old.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What were the millons of jobs he was going to create suppose to produce? That's what I could never figure out.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What were the millons of jobs he was going to create suppose to produce? That's what I could never figure out.
He wasn't going to create jobs, he was going to create an environment friendly for job creation.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:54:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Geraldo is right that Romney had to appease the base.  

Anybody remember this?

Remember Obama refusing to wear an American flag lapel pin?  Obama ran to the left of Hillary during the 2007-2008 primaries.  He had to appease the America hating left.  Fortunately for him, he had the media to back him up and play along when he pretended move to the center during the general election campaign.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

More "liberal" than who?

Big-government retard Santorum? Santorum *attacked* Romney on Romney not supporting the big-government Detroit bailout.

Romney was way, way to the *right* and much, much more electable than retard Santorum.

Big-taxes, big-government, multiple-philanderer Gingrich. Gingrich wrote the original "mandate" law while he was a paid lobbyist for the insurance companies. His platform in Florida was raising taxes to pay for big-government jobs in Florida to build a moon-base.

Romney was way, way to the *right* and much, much more electable than multiple-philanderer Gingrich.

Here is the truth...

Romney, if we are going to look at the truth, ran farther to the *right* than any previous Republican in recent history.

Did Romney try to appeal to the Union vote? Nope. Romney ran to the *right* of Reagan.

Did Romney call himself a "compassionate conservative" in an effort to appeal broadly, and show that he is going to expand the size and scope of government and protect handouts? Nope. Romney ran to the *right* of both Bushes.

Romney was called the conservative alternative to McCain byn Limbaugh, Levine, and all the rest of the *right* talking-heads.

The truth... Romney could not have been much more farther to the *right* on his platform of reducing the size of government at the sake of alienating the voters looking solely for handouts.

The truth... Romney was farther to the *right* on almost every single issue important to conservatives compared to the rest of the field. And Romney was farther to the *right* on almost every issue compared to Reagan and both Bushes. That is the outright truth.

Geraldo Rivera is a douchebag... The truth... Romney was farther to the right on almost every single issue than the rest of the field.

Yeah, big-government retard Santorum was calling for expensive governmental control over the bedrooms of consenting adults.  Retard Santorum can claim that on moral issues he was farther into weird land than Romney. But the truth... Romney was *right* on moral issues as well... Anti-abortion, etc.

Yeah, big-government multiple-philanderer Gingrich called for implementing a hyper-expensive anti-immigration plan at the debate in South Carolina. To wild and shocked applause, the crowd cheered Gingrich's tough talk. Philanderer Gingrich's problem? He didn't maintain his message. He changed his message when he got the immigrant base in South Florida a day (no kidding) later. Gingrich's tough talk won him votes in the South Carolina primary. His open-the-borders amnesty program lost him Florida. Romney was way, way farther to the *right* compared to multiple-philanderer GIngrich.

Romney represented the values of the Republican Party... Smaller government, open-markets, pro-business, pro-gun, lower taxes. He represented those values better than the rest of the field. He had been a good governor who called for smaller government and lower taxes while governor.

While Santorum and Gingrich had both helped write and fought to implement *nationwide* gun bans, (Lautenburg, and the 96 gun-free-zones ban) while voting to make government programs bigger and more expensive.

Romney did his best. He fought a good fight. He acted Presidential, all the while representing the values of the Republican Party...
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:20:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only genuine position Mitt Romney has ever held is that Mitt Romney should be president.

That was the real problem, that and not being willing/able to articulate anything resembling a platform, which is what happens when you don't believe in anything.

He couldn't even articulate a fiscal plan that added up.

Romney's added up.

Obama's didn't.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:35:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

pretty much, even though I'd say the whole premise of the GOP is flawed beyond words.

so little distinction between "left" and "right" it's fucking disgusting.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Romney represented the values of the Republican Party... Smaller government, open-markets, pro-business, pro-gun, lower taxes. He represented those values better than the rest of the field. He had been a good governor who called for smaller government and lower taxes while governor.

Romney did his best. He fought a good fight. He acted Presidential, all the while representing the values of the Republican Party...

Did you hear Mitt's response in the second debate when asked about a "Assault Weapons Ban"? If that was 'pro-gun' then we have lost the battle.

As for most of the positions that he took, they were clearly not what he had said in the past, but rather positions he had taken since leaving the Govenorship and started planning to run for President.

You are totally right that the GOP is not what it should be. But that is because of the Politicians that choose to run for President. Where are the true conservatives? We need someone that truly lives and believes in the Constitution, but who? We haven't seen a person like that in a long time. I think this is why many people don't bother to vote. I can't think of one candidate in the last 20 years that I trust.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#32]
So the only way to beat a liberal is become a liberal? Bullshit
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#33]
He offered success and prosperity if lazy fucks would get off their welfare/illegal immigrant ass

The lazy fucks won

Free

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:54:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think it mattered. I had arguments with all kinds of people about "the religious right." Romney is anything but the religious right, and most of these idiots used Fred Phelpps as an example of "the religious right."

It's a brilliant brainwashing scheme by the democrats, and the republicans played right into it. The dems claim that their assholes are really our assholes, and idiots like Akin and Mourdoch made it easy for them.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:54:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck Newt Gingrich...

Tell us how you really feel.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:59:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
<snip>

<snip>

You actually believe this?

No... Really... You actually believe this???

Speechless.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:20:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:35:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you hear Mitt's response in the second debate when asked about a "Assault Weapons Ban"? If that was 'pro-gun' then we have lost the battle.

As for most of the positions that he took, they were clearly not what he had said in the past, but rather positions he had taken since leaving the Govenorship and started planning to run for President.

You are totally right that the GOP is not what it should be. But that is because of the Politicians that choose to run for President. Where are the true conservatives? We need someone that truly lives and believes in the Constitution, but who? We haven't seen a person like that in a long time. I think this is why many people don't bother to vote. I can't think of one candidate in the last 20 years that I trust.

Reagan is considered pro-gun, and he conceeded some rights to the anti-gun agenda.

Bush said, "I will sign it if it gets to my desk."

Romney said in the second debate, "We have enough gun rights, lets enforce the laws we have" then words were placed in his mouth by the moderator, and he was never again given the time to clarify and respond. No one with any level of common sense will say that the debate was two-sided.

Romney's platform was a pro-gun "no new gun laws" platform.

Romney beat the socks off Detroit-bailout retard Santorum and Moon-base philanderer Gingrich. He was our candidate, and, frankly vs. the 47%, Romney did his best...
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:40:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>

<snip>

You actually believe this?

No... Really... You actually believe this???

Speechless.

Was pro-amnesty, pro-Union Reagan perfect? Not by any means.

Was Romney perfect? He implemented Gingrich's mandate health care law in MA... No, Romney was not perfect. Not by any means.

Do I believe that he is pro-free-enterprise? Yes.

Do I believe that he was for hardening the borders, and enforcing immigration? Yes.

Do I believe that he was for shrinking the size and scope of government? Yes.

Do I believe that Romney was better than retard Santorum or philanderer Gingrich at representing the values of the Republican Party? Absolutely. No question.

We picked a pro-business, smaller-government Republican to represent the party. He pointed-out the damage the 47% inflict on our economy. He called for tougher immigration. He called for positive economic measures. We did right in picking Romney.

We underestimated the sheer amount of people who want "free" stuff at the sake of hurting job creators.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:19:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Perhaps if the women who voted against him over the "War on Women" BS knew that he was way too much of a RINO to actually touch the abortion issue once in office... yeah I guess he coulda won.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Geraldo wants to give Obammer a mustache ride.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:46:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Sounds like Jerry is jumping on the "steer the (R)s farther left) bandwagon the MSM has been driving since the election;.

You are correct in the voices trying to move the Republican Party farther to the left...

But Romney was far, far more to the *right* compared to retard Santorum and philanderer Gingrich...

And Romney was farther to the *right* compared to pro-amnesty and pro-Union Reagan... And Romney was a lot farther to the *right* compared to "compassionate conservative" Bush...

Are there voices calling for the Republican Party to move farther to the "left"? Yes.

Was Romney any farther to the left compared to retard Santorum, multiple-philanderer Gingrich or even Bush or Reagan? Nope. On many issues, Romney was farther to the *right.*

Does the Republican Party need to move to the left? That is another argument.

Was Romney farther to the right than Reagan or both Buses? Nope. Amnesty? Unions? "Compassionate conservative?" No. On many issues, Romney was farther to the *right.*
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Anybody who thinks Romney isn't a RINO is fucking delusional.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:57:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:00:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Yep, being truthful has consequences.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:04:37 AM EDT
[#49]
LOL....Looks like found a nugget of the truth in the vault after all.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 10:05:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top