Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2012 11:44:15 AM EDT
Sitting at home watching an episode.. not my typical show but its mid day so what the hell...

two thoughts.

1. these guys are crawling thru some drug tunnel just big enough to do a low crawl thru. Supported by 2x4s from home depot and powered by extension cables running thru puddles...

You simply could not pay me enough to do that with the risk of cave in..

2. guys chasing a pack of a half dozen mules in the middle of the night with flashlights and handguns...

Seriously, why don't these guys have rifles?

conclusion.. Fuck that job... I simply could not do it.

CSB..
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#1]
border is a joke ... why even try anymore
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:07:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I knew it was a shitty job when one of my co-workers who did it said the NYPD was better.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:09:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sitting at home watching an episode.. not my typical show but its mid day so what the hell...

two thoughts.

1. these guys are crawling thru some drug tunnel just big enough to do a low crawl thru. Supported by 2x4s from home depot and powered by extension cables running thru puddles...

You simply could not pay me enough to do that with the risk of cave in..

2. guys chasing a pack of a half dozen mules in the middle of the night with flashlights and handguns...

Seriously, why don't these guys have rifles?

conclusion.. Fuck that job... I simply could not do it.

CSB..

I just watched that episode and was thinking the same thing.... FUCK THAT.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:10:19 PM EDT
[#4]
They love it and are proud to do it. Despite the danger, criticism and political bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

They love it and are proud to do it. Despite the danger, criticism and political bullshit.

Indeed. Had quite a few members of the Patrol transfer over to my Agency. Although they all loved the the patrol, the political bullshit and ROEs were too much for them.. They were all good guys...

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:14:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 12:23:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

hey man.. i have nothing but respect for the guys and gals who do it. It just seems like a gig i could not do my self.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top