Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2012 3:56:23 AM EDT
We all know people that really just need a good beating...

Local guy is buying up all the early Model 1894's he can get his hands on, he is building them into "tactical" rifles. He paints them with a black "crinkle" paint, drills them for a scope and cuts a wedge out of the forearm where he is mounting laser sights.

Saw an ad at a local gun shop bulletin board(printed on 8.5x11 paper and stating..."coming soon")

Price for this abomination... $999
(with other options adding to price)

I had a nearly uncontrollable desire to hunt this guy down and beat him for his stupidity.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:00:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow...

Why ruin a collector item to TAPCO-fuck it? Some people, man. Fucking Mossberg sells a ready-made tactical lever rifle, buy that an save $500
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:04:01 AM EDT
[#2]
You saw an add, and assumed he is buying up ALL of them?

Drama much?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:24:12 AM EDT
[#3]
In this area he is... been trying to buy one for several months (at a decent price) all the local gun shops are out. Common denominator is this guyi snapping them up.
so... looks like I'm stuck with buying out of area.

Backstory....there have been WTB ads all over my area for months (armslist, craigslist, gunshop bulleting boards, local gun forums etc...) all put up by same person, phone number matched up with the ad I saw selling these.

Quoted:

Drama much?

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:51:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Craptastic!   Bloody Butcher Botches fine firearms.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:58:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
In this area he is... been trying to buy one for several months (at a decent price) all the local gun shops are out. Common denominator is this guyi snapping them up.
so... looks like I'm stuck with buying out of area.

Backstory....there have been WTB ads all over my area for months (armslist, craigslist, gunshop bulleting boards, local gun forums etc...) all put up by same person, phone number matched up with the ad I saw selling these.

Quoted:

Drama much?

Looks like his "decent price" and your "decent price" are different, huh?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top