Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 5:43:04 PM EDT
Bought a Specialty Cajun Meats Turducken a month or so back and threw it in the deep freeze.  Pulled her out last night to thaw for Thursday.  I read the directions from the box this evening and it mentions how it is vacuum sealed.  Mine really isn't vacuum sealed.  Should I continue thawing if for Thanksgiving or should I try to return it to the commissary.  I plan on calling the company tomorrow morning to get their opinion but what is yours?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#1]
If there's no freezer burn, thaw and cook.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:00:02 PM EDT
[#2]
thaw and cook...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:00:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Send it to me for proper disposal.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I do one every year for Thanksgiving and yours should be fine. One thing though, it probably won't be thawed all the way if you just took it out of the freezer. Last year I took mine out on Sunday night and the center was still frozen on Thursday.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#5]
see this very handy thanksgiving instructional video

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top