Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/20/2012 5:22:56 PM EDT
Rob Pincus   sent loose rounds  a set of the new sites he developed for the Glock series of pistols.  Im a 1911 guys so Duncan  has been working with them for a few weeks and wrote up a review.  Take a look if you are  glock man.

http://looserounds.com/2012/11/20/claw-emergency-manipulation-sights/
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw those a while back. I dig 'em.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty cool.  

I run those drills with my normal shitty plastic sites and they seem to hold up OK so far.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I see Pincus is still trying to be relevant.

Wonder how well these sights hold up when the pistol gets thrown across the range by an instructor..
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pretty cool.  

I run those drills with my normal shitty plastic sites and they seem to hold up OK so far.

No one should ever take my advice on glocks thats for damn sure, but if something has a known rep for failing, I feel its best to nip it in the bud before they can let me down at the worst moment

and those are priced pretty reasonable in my opinion,  And Rob is one hell of a good guy who really cares about what he does.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:35:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow what a new concept

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Want to remind those who dont know, Rob is a member here.  This is not the thread to insult the man, so please save opinions of him for another thread and try to keep it on discussions of the site if you dont mind.  Say what you will about the sites but dont get this locked over personal insults.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:40:11 PM EDT
[#7]
What's the over/under timeframe on a lawsuit against Glock and the sight company because some dunce ND into his thigh running this drill?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Youtube Ameriglo EMS sights and you will see one of the biggest posers you could ever find.

Underarmor beenie: check
Oakley sunglasses: check
Tactical jacket with moral patches: check
SF beard: check
Paracord bracelet: check

and on and on....
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:43:31 PM EDT
[#9]
With a name like that I was expecting something really aggressive looking.  I like these.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What's the over/under timeframe on a lawsuit against Glock and the sight company because some dunce ND into his thigh running this drill?

The drill isnt new..
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:47:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:47:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Wondering if a normal angled Glock sight tool would work installing it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

you know this is not the 1st time this drill has been taught, right?    This is an old technique thats been around a while, Many  1911 sites are made to accomplish the same drill.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
With a name like that I was expecting something really aggressive looking.  I like these.  

yeah, me too.  I dont even like glocks but I like that.    I like the over sized ones made to work with a can and co witness with a mini RDS as well.  I think that is the future for handgun sites. or should be anyway
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:49:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:49:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I can find out for you
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Personal attack removed

ETA Sorry, didn't think that was over the line.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:52:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:54:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah, me too.  I dont even like glocks but I like that.    I like the over sized ones made to work with a can and co witness with a mini RDS as well.  I think that is the future for handgun sites. or should be anyway

With a miniRDS, the sights are pointless, because the red dot is bigger and blocks access to the rear sight anyway. And FWIW, I have a G19 with a RMR 6 inches from my right hand, so I *might* know.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#20]
There isn't anything new about using the sights off your belt, pants, boot heel, etc to manipulate the slide.  Seen those techniques being used at least 15 years or more ago. What's old is new again...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yes, I used a Glockmeister set. Took just a few minutes.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:09:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With a miniRDS, the sights are pointless, because the red dot is bigger and blocks access to the rear sight anyway. And FWIW, I have a G19 with a RMR 6 inches from my right hand, so I *might* know.

I dont understand your point,  the sites need to be bigger so as to see through the RDS.  Im not talking about using the irons for manipulations. Im talking about using them with the red dot.  I have seen plenty that allowed use of  both.  And I feel a red dot mini liek a RMR is a logical next step for handuns

no one is questioning what you do or do not know or own, no need to feel you have to qualify your comments.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you know this is not the 1st time this drill has been taught, right?    This is an old technique thats been around a while, Many  1911 sites are made to accomplish the same drill.

I've seen the drill done (but not practiced it personally), didn't know there were sights designed specifically to facilitate it.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont understand your point,  the sites need to be bigger so as to see through the RDS.  Im not talking about using the irons for manipulations. Im talking about using them with the red dot.  I have seen plenty that allowed use of  both.  And I feel a red dot mini liek a RMR is a logical next step for handuns

no one is questioning what you do or do not know or own, no need to feel you have to qualify your comments.

IMHO, the cheapest tall sights with tritium front and back are the way to go with a RDS. And the "*might*" was to reference my SN, as I am not a SME.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:16:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen the drill done (but not practiced it personally), didn't know there were sights designed specifically to facilitate it.

I thought you were being sarcastic

Few people who train fairly serious with a handgun have not at least seen the  drill, even if they dont agree with its use

a lot of companies make sites to make the drill easier.  10-8 sites for the 1911 are made to help with this  as well as others
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMHO, the cheapest tall sights with tritium front and back are the way to go with a RDS. And the "*might*" was to reference my SN, as I am not a SME.

I really like the tall tritium sites with the mini red dot.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The sights don't need to be larger if all you do is use them when the RDS is off the gun.   I can think of a few reasons you would need to have taller sights, but nothing major.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm going to put them on just as soon as I save up for my HoMeBoYz.

(Couldn't resist)
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Ameriglo knows how to make sights.

What is the point of impact at 7, 25, 50, 100, and 200 yards?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:38:10 PM EDT
[#31]
One handed racking of the slide is a stupid fantasy.  Get real.  It's just more tactical bullshit to separate fools from their money.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

One handed racking of the slide is a stupid fantasy.  Get real.  It's just more tactical bullshit to separate fools from their money.  

If you say so.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:46:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Youtube Ameriglo EMS sights and you will see one of the biggest posers you could ever find.

and on and on....

Resist the urge to be petty, adults are talking about firearms.  

Sorry, but it's true. This thread got me interested so I went to look them up. I have no problem with the concept, but the delivery in that video was .
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you say so.  

Their supposed usefulness revolves around lightning striking the same place three times:

1. You have to get into a gunfight.  That's incredibly rare by any measure.

2. You have to be wounded in one hand, but still capable of otherwise continuing to fight.

3. Your gun has to have a malfunction.  Your combat guns should be malfunction free to begin with.  Also note that reloading is not an excuse for needing it; remember, you've already lost one hand, so unless you stand there absolutely flat-footed and do that dumb shit where you put the gun between your knees and reload one handed, you'll be incapable of reloading anyway.  Besides, you're in a firefight, so you really can't stand there motionless reloading with a pistol stuck between your legs and expect to live much longer.

Tactical bullshit.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you say so.  

Their supposed usefulness revolves around lightning striking the same place three times:

2. You have to be wounded in one hand, but still capable of otherwise continuing to fight.
3. Your gun has to have a malfunction.  Your combat guns should be malfunction free to begin with.  Also note that reloading is not an excuse for needing it; remember, you've already lost one hand, so unless you stand there absolutely flat-footed and do that dumb shit where you put the gun between your knees and reload one handed, you'll be incapable of reloading anyway.  Besides, you're in a firefight, so you really can't stand there motionless reloading with a pistol stuck between your legs and expect to live much longer.

Tactical bullshit.

Do you carry a gun?

do you CCW?

IF you do, do you carry reloads?

By your logic, there is no reaosn to carry a gun ever, or to even practice with it.  since nothing is likely to happen

Guess I can get rid of my spare tire. Since it has never been needed.

Military and police have been shot in one arm before and needed to carry on the fight.    The sites help, maybe not needed for a malf, but reloading  the gun with them is.  possible. Why you think you need to stand out in the open and not take cover while doing this method escapes me.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#36]
My trijicon hd sights are very similar with the exception of night sight on the rear and PRICE....
I actually shoot more accurately with the stock sights but like the big glowing dot up front...might have to swap out the hds for a set of these.
Has anyone compared these to the Trijicons?
Old eyes suck!  
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#37]
While a good idea, these and the techniques they are made for are not groundbreaking.  Anyone who says they are a terrible idea doesnt know what they are talking about.  I havent seen much Pincus hate on ARFCOM before.  Is this the new thing?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you say so.  

Tactical bullshit.

Again, if you say so.

But I think you will find you are in the minority.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

While a good idea, these and the techniques they are made for are not groundbreaking.  Anyone who says they are a terrible idea doesnt know what they are talking about.  I havent seen much Pincus hate on ARFCOM before.  Is this the new thing?

I agree as there have been similar products out there for a while but these are pretty inexpensive so they are worth checking out if you need new night sights already.  I need two sets for my Glock 19s right now.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:57:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:05:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Wow I only have the Oakley sunglasses, guess I better go shopping

Free

Quoted:

and on and on....

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:15:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The North Hollywood shootout ended when one of the robbers couldn't figure out how to do a 1 hand reload, he shot himself in the head trying to figure out how to do it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:19:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Needs mor sights on the side of the slide for street cred.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:26:15 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

One handed firearm manipulation has been part of LEO training since I got into the business. While it is a small segment of the training it is still useful knowledge. There are MANY documented shootings of officers having to manipulate firearms while wounded.

To say it is "tactical bullshit" is very short sighted and actually shows you know very little about gun fighting.

Just because it's taught doesn't mean it's useful; we have a thread in here every couple days talking about another stupid thing that some instructor is teaching to try and make his class stand out.

Yes, officers get into shootings.

Yes, officers need to manipulate weapons while in a shooting.

Yes, officers get shot during shootings.

Yes, officers sometimes need to manipulate a weapon while shot.

All of those things are easy to back up.

Now find a case where an officer in a shooting was wounded in such a way that disabled one hand, and needed to manipulate his weapon in such a way that necessitated racking it against his body one-handed.  Please, produce one case.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:35:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:37:39 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The North Hollywood shootout ended when one of the robbers couldn't figure out how to do a 1 hand reload, he shot himself in the head trying to figure out how to do it.

Read what you're saying.  He was out of ammo and needed to reload, but couldn't do it because his thumb was shot off, so he took his empty gun and shot himself in the head with it...

Do you imagine him offing himself might have had a little more to do with the fact that their previously uncontested robberies had now turned into an hour+ walking gun battle with 100+ police officers, he was separated from his partner in a neighborhood he didn't know, there were helicopters overhead watching him, he was out of rifle ammo, he had just lost his thumb, and he had no hope of anything but going to jail for the rest of his life?  I can almost guarantee you that the last thoughts going through his mind had nothing to do with wishing he knew how to reload with one thumb.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:39:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:39:32 AM EDT
[#48]
We don't need no stinking claw sights here in GA.

Ninja Glock Reload
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:41:59 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

We don't need no stinking claw sights here in GA.

Ninja Glock Reload

Rob Romero is not your average shooter.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:45:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you say so.  

Tactical bullshit.

Paging average Joe, Blitz308.....

BTW, I have had no issue manipulating the gun with any good, regular flat rear sight.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top