Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/20/2012 3:09:10 PM EDT
So, my best friend of many many years recently expressed interest in an AR. Quite a bit of interest. So I say to myself "I will buy this guy an AR for a late birthday present. He will enjoy it, we will shoot together, and it will be good".

Off I go to WalMart because hey, those Sig M400's look pretty good for an entry level piece.

I call first to make sure they have them in stock. The friendly clerk on the phone says yes, we have to hold 2 for black friday, but I have 5 in stock. Come on in and pick it up. So I drive 40 minutes to the WalMart and the nice young man calls the manager to bring one up for me.

I knew at this point that shit was about to go south, because in my experience, all human beings who wear those bluetooth cell phone things in their ears outside of a moving vehicle have a tendency to be the most bad attitude laden bags of smashed assholes on the planet. And once again I was right.

He comes out and says "No. Only black friday. All stores". He and the kid at the counter go back and forth and I start to get agitated about being told on the phone I was GTG. The manager just stomps off. I ask the kid to call other stores. He does. But they all only have the 2 they need for black friday. Manager storms out and starts yelling at me about no no no no no and the computer won't even ring it up. Then leaves again. The kid says fuck it and rings it up. It works fine. He calls the manager who I can hear screaming over the phone more "NONONONONONONO".

I want to give them MORE MONEY than they will sell the thing for on black friday. They have 3 more than they need. What. The. Fuck.

I left, and now want to have sex with the manager. Until he dies.

/rant
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

So, my best friend of many many years recently expressed interest in an AR. Quite a bit of interest. So I say to myself "I will buy this guy an AR for a late birthday present. He will enjoy it, we will shoot together, and it will be good".

Off I go to WalMart because hey, those Sig M400's look pretty good for an entry level piece.

I call first to make sure they have them in stock. The friendly clerk on the phone says yes, we have to hold 2 for black friday, but I have 5 in stock. Come on in and pick it up. So I drive 40 minutes to the WalMart and the nice young man calls the manager to bring one up for me.

I knew at this point that shit was about to go south, because in my experience, all human beings who wear those bluetooth cell phone things in their ears outside of a moving vehicle have a tendency to be the most bad attitude laden bags of smashed assholes on the planet. And once again I was right.

He comes out and says "No. Only black friday. All stores". He and the kid at the counter go back and forth and I start to get agitated about being told on the phone I was GTG. The manager just stomps off. I ask the kid to call other stores. He does. But they all only have the 2 they need for black friday. Manager storms out and starts yelling at me about no no no no no and the computer won't even ring it up. Then leaves again. The kid says fuck it and rings it up. It works fine. He calls the manager who I can hear screaming over the phone more "NONONONONONONO".

I want to give them MORE MONEY than they will sell the thing for on black friday. They have 3 more than they need. What. The. Fuck.

/rant

Know how I know.........you're........

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#2]
So did you get it or not?

The sex I mean.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:12:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The sex I mean.

Sadly I did not get to fuck him to death due to his amazing skills at evading customers.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#4]
What's with all the gay confessions in GD today

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Rant fail.....no blading...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

/rant

Oh, it must be a prison thing.....its about power, not gayness.    

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:13:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

/rant

Whatever floats your boat.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:14:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Awkward
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:14:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:15:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

/rant

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Aside from the weird bit about fucking the guy until he dies... Not sure how to comment on that... I hate walmart. It's retarded the entire fucking store is only going to have 2 for black friday. It's even more retarded they had 5 but he wouldn't sell you one. All the more reason to not shop at walmart.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#13]
sounds like the manager made an excellent business decision.

refuse a sale to a customer who is THERE, WITH MONEY IN HAND, willing to pay MORE than what will be charged in a couple days.

absolutely genius business acumen there folks.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:17:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The sex I mean.

Sadly I did not get to fuck him to death due to his amazing skills at evading customers.

um

please stay away from me creepo
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:17:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

refuse a sale to a customer who is THERE, WITH MONEY IN HAND, willing to pay MORE than what will be charged in a couple days.

Their business, their rules.  

Commie.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This.  What a MORON.  Sell it now and have money in hand or wait for the off chance no one comes in at all for them...

Pure Genius!

ETA:  In fact, if Karma had a conscience they wouldnt sell one during their BF sale, and knowing that (if I were the OP) I'd call up and let the manager know I bought elsewhere and how much he lost by being a fuckin douche.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:18:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#18]
The only good part were the two guys that damn near died laughing when I told the kid "No. I won't be coming back on Friday. I do not want to be anywhere near a place that sells flatscreens at doorbuster prices, effectively inciting a fucking riot, where guns and ammo are also sold.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Go back after Friday, make sure the same manager is present.

Tell him you want to buy several of their most expensive guns.

Get him to fill out all the paperwork.  Then say "NONONONONO  Fuck you".

And walk out.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Call corporate or something.

They told you you could have it and you invested time/fuel.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No, but there was almost spooning.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:22:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And walk out.

You may not be my favorite ARFCOMMER ever, but you often have very very excellent ideas.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

/rant

thinks "what kind of awesome friend buys a guy an ar for his birthday

oh, that kind of "awesome friend"...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So there could have been spooning but no blading or forking

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The only good part were the two guys that damn near died laughing when I told the kid "No. I won't be coming back on Friday. I do not want to be anywhere near a place that sells flatscreens at doorbuster prices, effectively inciting a fucking riot, where guns and ammo are also sold.

they were laughing out of nervousness

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Whenever I intend to buy a firearm from Walmart, I mark off 3 hours in my calendar. If it takes less than that, I'm happy.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:24:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And walk out.

You may not be my favorite ARFCOMMER ever, but you often have very very excellent ideas.

My cousin is a Volde-Mart store manager.  I know how to piss them off.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#28]
How the hell did you find my picture?>!?!!?!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:24:22 PM EDT
[#29]
in on 1?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Store Manager, then tell them to call the home office, right now.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

So there could have been spooning but no blading or forking

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Normally yes, but I know my temper and know when it is time to leave. Otherwise that whole fucking people to death thing.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

/rant

Let them know in Bentonville. There is no excuse for a manager treating a customer that way.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:27:17 PM EDT
[#34]
I find it simply amazing that in this economy, many retailers still have associates (much less management) that find ways to refuse to take money from people who willingly want to hand it over.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#35]
You are doing it wrong

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I find it simply amazing that in this economy, many retailers still have associates (much less management) that find ways to refuse to take money from people who willingly want to hand it over.

That's what I mean. I'll betcha Bentonville would love to hear they refused an 800 dollar sale...of extra inventory not needed for Back Friday.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Wow.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:31:54 PM EDT
[#38]
I thought this was the OP's picture

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Oh I fully intend to let WalMart know. Once I have cooled off a bit. Especially to let them know that this is the first time in my entire life I have ever been in a position to spend money at a WalMart. Truly a first offense for them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:32:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Oh I fully intend to let WalMart know. Once I have cooled off a bit. Especially to let them know that this is the first time in my entire life I have ever been in a position to spend money at a WalMart. Truly a first offense for them.

But not the first time you've wanted to screw a manager to death?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:33:41 PM EDT
[#41]
This shirt is for the OP.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:

But not the first time you've wanted to screw a manager to death?

MOST DEFINETLY not the first time I have wanted to murder a management type with my penis.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:35:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Normally yes, but I know my temper and know when it is time to leave. Otherwise that whole fucking people to death thing.

Home office complains have to be resolved individually.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Rant fail.....no rubbering blading at a 45 degree angle...

FIFY.  

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you mean? I have to do it at the store? I can't just fire off an email?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you mean? I have to do it at the store? I can't just fire off an email?

You have to travel to Arkansas and fuck them to death too.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:45:19 PM EDT
[#47]
I bought 2 yesterday  Walmart :)
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#48]
do not post in this thread
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:48:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Sooo. you got the gun right?

I'm happy that you got the gun, but I doubt many people give a fuck about your little first world problem you had today.....
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:49:03 PM EDT
[#50]
A man wanting to fuck another man to death over a bad Walmart deal?

Welcome to Florida!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top