Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 12:54:42 PM EDT
A few weeks ago the town instituted a new $150/apt fee on all apartments in town.  Landlords and renters are trying to be heard.  Small flags on pencil size sticks were taken away from citizens.  "In the name of safety."  Yet no pencils or pens were taken and no one was searched for CCW.

"NEW BRITAIN — A Vietnam War veteran is objecting to an impression left by a group of landlords battling City Hall that somehow city officials or police were responsible for dumping American flags on the sidewalk or in the trash following a Wednesday’s large rally.

“I’m outraged those flags ended up in the garbage,” said John Puzzo, a Plainville resident who served in the U.S. Army from 1968 to 1971. “I could speculate on how they got there, but the impression the video gives is that it wasn’t the crowd.”

Landlord Sam Zherka agrees that it’s outrageous, but he contends City Hall staffers orchestrated a slight against the First Amendment. “It was an attack on the symbol of freedom,” said Zherka, who ordered hundreds of flags for the rally and who has been instrumental in the fight against the ordinances. “What kind of message does that send to the mothers and fathers whose sons have bled for this country?”

Video is here:   http://www.savenewbritain.com/

http://www.newbritainherald.com/articles/2012/11/19/news/doc50aaf84b0a29f911565111.txt
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#1]
THEY, the police should rip their flag patches off their uniforms
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#2]
So cops, citizens, are carrying firearms yet don't trust fellow citizens with small sticks with flags on them?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#3]
CT.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#4]
If any police were hurt in the taking of the flags its there own fault. I sure wouldn't give mine up.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:11:22 PM EDT
[#5]
American flags: banned in America
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Pretty much.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:46:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Don't forget, Made in China

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
THEY, the police should rip their flag patches off their uniforms

I'd offer to help them, but I'm pretty sure that would be assault or maybe attempted murder.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top