Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 12:48:42 PM EDT
What's the hive's opinion on the US military intermediate cold sleeping bag?  Local shop has a few for sale, and I am thinking about picking up a pair for early spring camping trips.  How do they perform down to 40*, and any reason to avoid this particular model?  What would be a fair price for one in used condition without the stuff sack?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:43:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone??
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:47:53 PM EDT
[#2]
They are good.

Check the zippers, and make sure they aren't broken.

I've slept in one in January here in Idaho, and it was warm enough.  If not, you can use a poncho liner to increase insulating qualities.

They also made a poplin cover for them that were designed to keep the bag cleaner, and they were somewhat water resistant. This also increases the warmth of the bag, surprisingly.

A long time ago, I even saw thin cotton liners made specifically to keep the bag clean inside-somewhat like a bed sheet that could be removed and washed.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:54:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the information.  I'm hoping I can pick them up for around $25 each, which seems like a pretty good price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top