Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/20/2012 11:37:41 AM EDT
Which do you support; States rights, or the supremacy of the federal government and the United Nations.

VIENNA—The head of the U.N. drug watchdog agency is urging U.S. federal officials to challenge ballot measures in Colorado and Washington that decriminalized possession of small amounts of marijuana for adults 21 and over.

Raymond Yans says the approvals send "a wrong message to the rest of the nation and it sends a wrong message abroad."

Read more:UN official calls for marijuana ballot rollback - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/news/marijuana/ci_22034126/un-official-calls-marijuana-ballot-rollback#ixzz2CnUBT7Do

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:38:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks UN! Where would we be without you?!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Interesting question for some of the fake conservatives we have on this site.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:40:49 AM EDT
[#4]
States Rights.  Everyone else should piss off.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Just the mention of the UN causes a blood pressure spike and a heart flutter in me.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:43:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I would like to see the UN address raw milk, preferably with Indonesian stormtroopers

Damn, that should have been a polling option.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:43:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would like to see the UN address raw milk, preferably with Indonesian stormtroopers

I bet Aimpoint and EoTech reticles contrast well against those berets.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Fuck the UN
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How are you defining "real" conservative?

What does the US Constitition assert about state laws versus federal?

I'd also like some of the "marijuana was only banned in the US because of racist fearmongering" types to explain why this is in issue of concern to other countries.

The demand so many have here for a black and white 2-dimensional world is mind-boggling.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:45:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You were a little slow getting to this one Spicoli.  

Don't look now, there's one!

Did you answer the Op's question?

Btw, I don't smoke pot and don't plan on starting.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Twinkie shortage has harshed his mellow.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet Aimpoint and EoTech reticles contrast well against those berets.

You have to admit they look good.  

If you're French or gay.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fuck the UN

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Which do you support; States rights, or the supremacy of the federal government and the United Nations.

VIENNA—The head of the U.N. drug watchdog agency is urging U.S. federal officials to challenge ballot measures in Colorado and Washington that decriminalized possession of small amounts of marijuana for adults 21 and over.

Raymond Yans says the approvals send "a wrong message to the rest of the nation and it sends a wrong message abroad."

Read more:UN official calls for marijuana ballot rollback - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/news/marijuana/ci_22034126/un-official-calls-marijuana-ballot-rollback#ixzz2CnUBT7Do

I bet that MotherFucker goes to Amsterdam every other week end.................

Fuck Him!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#18]
I never realized you could vote for more than 1 choice in a poll. Had to cover my bases.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:49:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Sorry, I misread that.

I thought it said "supremicy of the fed OVER the UN."

As in, fuck the UN.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#21]
This is what happens when you allow the state to assume the roll of protecting you from yourself.  

Progressivism, gotta love it.  

How about "Individual RIGHTS"?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:50:36 AM EDT
[#22]
FUCK THE UN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd also like some of the "marijuana was only banned in the US because of racist fearmongering" types to explain why this is in issue of concern to other countries.

The demand so many have here for a black and white 2-dimensional world is mind-boggling.

Agreed. I don't think this is a Conservative versus liberal thing so much as a Libertarian versus Authoritarian thing.

Many of the "Consevatives" on this board are simply authoritarians or a different stripe.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Here's the real message we need to send abroad:

FUCK YOU.  Mind your own business you busybody FUCKS.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:51:42 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Sorry, I misread that.

I thought it said "supremicy of the fed OVER the UN."

As in, fuck the UN.

We're deporting you to Brussels.

Enjoy your sprouts.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:52:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Oooh, cake and death are running neck & neck.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:52:56 AM EDT
[#27]
From my cold, cheeto-dusted hands.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Originally Posted By patchouli:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't look now, there's one!

Did you answer the Op's question?

Btw, I don't smoke pot and don't plan on starting.

umm what was the question?

Oh UN Stormtroopers rounding up pot heads? Will they take them with them when they leave?

I don't do any pot.  Smoked, ingested,
Injected, nothing.

I have no need to change that. I will stick to my hypocritical and occasional booze and caffeine.

The only thing that interests me about the matter is the billions spent on fighting the so-called war on drugs and man's freedom to do what he wants so long as he causes no harm to others.  

Guess that makes me some kind of hippy.

Aimless ooh look. A red-colored ironic name.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Cake or death?

What?

Cake or death?

Ahhh....cake?

Right. Cake it is. Next!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#30]
fuck obama

fuck the UN

fuck the war on drugs
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:58:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Sounds like someone in the UN is worried about their kickbacks from illegal drug operations.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:59:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
fuck obama
fuck the UN
fuck the war on drugs

So many good options!  I had to take them all.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On a large part it's an issue to other countries because of us.  

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:01:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cake or death?

What?

Cake or death?

Ahhh....cake?

Right. Cake it is. Next!

Death, please.

No wait, I meant cake...

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:03:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck the UN

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#36]
How can I vote for states' rights when the apostrophe has been so clearly abused in the poll as states right's?

Damn you , op.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does the US Constitution say about the possession of drugs?  What does it say about growing them?   What does it say about selling them in intrastate trade?

I'll grant the Supremacy clause if you'll grant that the ICC was completely mangled to justify Fed laws banning the possession of things.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:06:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Aimless ooh look. A red-colored ironic name.

It's only funny when I do it.  

I laughed.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:10:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does the US Constitution say about the possession of drugs?  What does it say about growing them?   What does it say about selling them in intrastate trade?

I'll grant the Supremacy clause if you'll grant that the ICC was completely mangled to justify Fed laws banning the possession of things.

I'll grant you that if you'll grant me my already stated assertion that this isn't a black and white / "conservative" and "liberal" issue.  FWIW, the Supreme Court is the Constitutionally-established means to address "mangling" of the ICC, and they have spoken many times.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cake or death?

What?

Cake or death?

Ahhh....cake?

Right. Cake it is. Next!

Death, please.

No wait, I meant cake...

No to late you chose Death.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#42]
my vote went to

FBHO and the UN

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:13:23 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cake or death?

What?

Cake or death?

Ahhh....cake?

Right. Cake it is. Next!

Death, please.

No wait, I meant cake...

Well, we're all out of cake.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:15:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Yum... Cake.

Oh yeah... FUBO. And F the UN too...

Art 1 Sec 8 and the 10th A like a motherf*cker.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Damn you , op.

Oop's

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're being obtuse or you're trolling I'm not sure which.  

The constitution doesn't give the fed the power to regulate marijuana.  They only get there via the ICC using some pretty tortured arguments, so it's an open issue as to whether the supremacy clause applies like in cases of currency, international relations etc.  

I'm very interested in how this fight turns out.  I predict the fed will ignore these laws and pot farms like they have in the case of medical marijuana.  At least until they're confident they have a court that will see things their way by upholding unlimited power of the fed to regulate any commerce.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll grant you that if you'll grant me my already stated assertion that this isn't a black and white / "conservative" and "liberal" issue.  FWIW, the Supreme Court is the Constitutionally-established means to address "mangling" of the ICC, and they have spoken many times.

I don't think it's a black and white issue.  I certainly don't think it's a conservative and liberal issue.

The fact that the USSC is the means we have isn't worth much, considering the (il)logic they use to justify their personal vision for society.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:21:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're being obtuse or you're trolling I'm not sure which.  

The constitution doesn't give the fed the power to regulate marijuana.  They only get there via the ICC using some pretty tortured arguments, so it's an open issue as to whether the supremacy clause applies like in cases of currency, international relations etc.  

I'm very interested in how this fight turns out.  I predict the fed will ignore these laws and pot farms like they have in the case of medical marijuana.  At least until they're confident they have a court that will see things their way by upholding unlimited power of the fed to regulate any commerce.

The Feds haven't ignored anything regarding MMJ.  In fact, they stepped up raids on dispensaries since Obama took office.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:23:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The supremacy clause is pretty damn clear:

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

It is also pretty clear as to how to resolve issues where some factions claim another clause was misused

The judicial Power of the United States shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. ...The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States, and Treaties made, or which shall be made, under their Authority...

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#50]
It is an interesting comment from this representative of the UN.
One assumes since the USA is a major representative and funding source for the INCB, that the US Federal government is wholeheartedly behind this statement. Historically the US has used this agency to legitimise and internationalise traditional US federal policy.

I guess a good way to try and enforce US Federal policy regarding drugs, on the 'rouge' states with the US. But avoiding a direct attack on the states authority, by the Federal government. Have some one else come out against it. Then people will say fuck the UN, not Fuck the Federal Government. Simple misdirection

Simple Task, Ask the UN council to make a statement that the US government comes up with. Then the US announces that to be a good UN partner it should comply with the UN proposal. TADA, you comply with your own request.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top