Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/20/2012 11:20:26 AM EDT
Lapolicegear.com refused to honor prices of an already ordered item and stated "a glitch in the system" was at fault for listing the price of the item too low. After speaking to a few people I got the run around and was told they would not honor the listed price by the "sales manager". I advised her I would no longer be doing business with them due to the lack of integrity. The lady could care less, even more reason to stop purchasing from them.

I'm sure someone else here got burned on the same deal...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#1]
What was the deal?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#2]
What (wasn't) in the boxxxxxxxxx?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:25:03 AM EDT
[#3]
LApolice gear fucking sucks as a retailer.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Par for the course.  They can have good deals but its a real crap shoot if (a) its in stock and (b) if they will honor the price.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#5]
They pissed me off over their failure to change an apparently "in stock" item to it's true "back-order" status, then waited almost four weeks to refund my money.

Cool site and stuff, but it's all available elsewhere.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:27:25 AM EDT
[#6]
$215 for an eotech xps3-0.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They pissed me off over their failure to change an apparently "in stock" item to it's true "back-order" status, then waited almost four weeks to refund my money.

Cool site and stuff, but it's all available elsewhere.

And often cheaper.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I would have tried to get that deal too. Less than half price?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#9]
We need to do something about this plague of computer glitches lowering prices all over the internet.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What?!  I'll take three!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We need to do something about this plague of computer glitches lowering prices all over the internet.  

Yep, it's bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:30:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heck, I'd be in...

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#13]
I had a run in with them also. It was a while back, maybe two years ago. I don't remember what it was over, but I do remember telling them to remove my name and info from from their database. I never made another order with them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, it's bullshit.

Some companies do this shit intentionally to gain traffic. They are on my blacklist.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:31:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I order 8! Only 3 were for me though.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:31:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You found a $550+ Optic for $215 and your first thought wasn't "This is a mistake"?  

You're not entitled to buy an optic at 1/2 price, just because the retailer made a mistake. You didn't "get burned" by the retailer. You tried to take advantage of a mistake and it didn't pan out.

I'm sure if the cashier at McDonald's accidentally slipped you too much change, you'd probably think you deserved it to, right?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, it's bullshit.

Some companies do this shit intentionally to gain traffic. They are on my blacklist.

Also bullshit...lapolicegear, welcome to my black list
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No wonder they told you to get lost.

I can understand taking advantage of an obvious price error, but to be so blatant as to order 8???

Were you planning on reselling the other 5 for $400 each to pay for your 3 and make some profit?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Yeah fuck them. I ordered a holster that said was in stock. A couple weeks go by and I'm like:
Shotgunfatcat: what the fuck!!!!!
I emailed them a few times, said it would be in in a week and the website was wrong. Three weeks go by and I ended up cancelling my order.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#20]
I order occasionally from them... Only from the clearance section when it is a screaming deal and I can wait.

Without fail, items from their clearance section showing "In Stock!" are back ordered. . I have never understood backorders for "clearance" items.

Last time I ordered was for 10 pairs of 5.11 Leather patrol gloves for a total cost less than what the local police supply shop wanted for one pair.  Of course they were back ordered. I got em a couple months later.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You found a $550+ Optic for $215 and your first thought wasn't "This is a mistake"?  

You're not entitled to buy an optic at 1/2 price, just because the retailer made a mistake. You didn't "get burned" by the retailer. You tried to take advantage of a mistake and it didn't pan out.

I'm sure if the cashier at McDonald's accidentally slipped you too much change, you'd probably think you deserved it to, right?

Asking a retailer who brings in millions of dollars a yr to honor an advertised price is apparently a crime now!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No wonder they told you to get lost.  

I can understand taking advantage of an obvious price error, but to be so blatant as to order 8???

Were you planning on reselling the other 5 for $400 each to pay for your 3 and make some profit?

Nope I was going to use them all
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:39:10 AM EDT
[#24]
you should order from copsplus...a while back they had a mess up and were selling $130ish galco shoulder rigs for $66..a bunch of us here ordered em and they honored the low price even though it was a mess up..did take a while to get them out but we all got them...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Asking a retailer who brings in millions of dollars a yr to honor an advertised price is apparently a crime now!

No, it's not a crime, but you just look like a fool for even making this thread. It was a clear pricing error. Either you didn't realize that, and you are a fool, or you did realize it, and you are an entitled nitwit. Either way, this thread will not go as planned for you.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it's not a crime, but you just look like a fool for even making this thread. It was a clear pricing error. Either you didn't realize that, and you are a fool, or you did realize it, and you are an entitled nitwit. Either way, this thread will not go as planned for you.

Oh well
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:41:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

So you think you deserve to benefit from a pricing mistake because they bring in "millions of dollars a year" in revenue? That's some hardcore Occupy Wall Street thinking you've got there....

There's a big difference between not honoring a sale price, and making an obvious mistake when listing an item. If you listed an AR in the EE and accidentally put the price as $100 instead of $1000, would you honor it? Do you think EE buyers "deserve" to pay the lower price, even though it was an accident?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Dude go sit in front of town hall and join the free shit army. Your not entitled to 8 optics at half price. i reapt

YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You found a $550+ Optic for $215 and your first thought wasn't "This is a mistake"?  There's this event called Black Friday coming up - perhaps you've heard of it. Prices are often substantially dropped for such events.

You're not entitled to buy an optic at 1/2 price, just because the retailer made a mistake. You didn't "get burned" by the retailer. You tried to take advantage of a mistake and it didn't pan out. The retailer advertised a price; it is solely incumbent upon them for the truth of their advertising.

Astronomic stretch to a poor strawman argument here; completely unrelated, and compares an ethical and legal issue to a retailer's failure to support what it advertises.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:43:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Bought a pair of 5.11 shorts and they were supposed to come with a free watch.  Opened the box...no free watch.  I sent an e-mail to complain...not that I really wanted the cheap watch, but because they should honor the deal if they offer it.  Got my watch...havent used it since.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:46:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
There's this event called Black Friday coming up - perhaps you've heard of it. Prices are often substantially dropped for such events.

Is today Black Friday? Was the price advertised as a Black Friday sale? Was there any mention of the promo referencing a holiday sale of any type? Even on Black Friday, noone marks down a high end optic that has a MAP price from the manufacturer by over 50%.

OP is retarded for thinking the price was legitimate, and to try and claim that it was a "Black Friday" sale is just ridiculous.

Quoted:
Astronomic stretch to a poor strawman argument here; completely unrelated, and compares an ethical and legal issue to a retailer's failure to support what it advertises.

It's not a stretch at all. OP has made it clear that he feels there is nothing morally wrong with profiting from the mistakes of companies who "are making millions of dollars each year". A mistake is a mistake, and he thinks it's ok to take advantage of people who make them. I hope he doesn't change his opinion when he makes a mistake himself at the benefit of someone else....
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You found a $550+ Optic for $215 and your first thought wasn't "This is a mistake"?  There's this event called Black Friday coming up - perhaps you've heard of it. Prices are often substantially dropped for such events.

You're not entitled to buy an optic at 1/2 price, just because the retailer made a mistake. You didn't "get burned" by the retailer. You tried to take advantage of a mistake and it didn't pan out. The retailer advertised a price; it is solely incumbent upon them for the truth of their advertising.

This
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#33]
I can't get off their email list. They keep spamming my inbox.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#34]
I ordered one and had the same thing happen.  I also ordered a Benchmade 746 that was on the list of mistakes.  To their credit they offered the Eotech at $454 which is a great deal but more than I wanted to spend right now.  The Benchmade was $56 and they offered it at $93 so I kept it in the order, still a great deal.  The fact that they offered the mistake items at what I assume is pretty close to, if not cost was a decent gesture.  I never really expected the Eotech to reach my doorstep at that price.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#35]

Since they have minimum wage Donny Dough Dick running their web site, they should have plenty of cash in reserve to handle screw-ups....But ordering 8 pieces is out of line and is taking advantage of a mistake. If you only wanted one, you might have got away with it. But now you have none...

If I was the manager, i would have offered one unit for the price of the mistake listing and the rest at retail, take it or leave it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#36]
These companies need to pay their fair share!

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#37]
How was the item advertised?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
How was the item advertised?

One of their count down price things only offered for a few minutes.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Since they have minimum wage Donny Dough Dick running their web site, they should have plenty of cash in reserve to handle screw-ups....But ordering 8 pieces is out of line and is taking advantage of a mistake. If you only wanted one, you might have got away with it. But now you have none...

If I was the manager, i would have offered one unit for the price of the mistake listing and the rest at retail, take it or leave it.

Group of guys on one order not all 8 for me. I wasn't going to try to work a deal for only me getting one.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's this event called Black Friday coming up - perhaps you've heard of it. Prices are often substantially dropped for such events.

Is today Black Friday? Was the price advertised as a Black Friday sale? Was there any mention of the promo referencing a holiday sale of any type? Even on Black Friday, noone marks down a high end optic that has a MAP price from the manufacturer by over 50%.

OP is retarded for thinking the price was legitimate, and to try and claim that it was a "Black Friday" sale is just ridiculous.

Quoted:

It's not a stretch at all. OP has made it clear that he feels there is nothing morally wrong with profiting from the mistakes of companies who "are making millions of dollars each year". A mistake is a mistake, and he thinks it's ok to take advantage of people who make them. I hope he doesn't change his opinion when he makes a mistake himself at the benefit of someone else....

Taking advantage of a retailer's advertised price is not tantamount to the misappropriation of too much money given in change from a sale, as illustrated within your McDonald's example.

I bought five Wilson Combat 47D magazines a year ago from a retailer for just over half the price they usually advertise; there was no calendar event with which I'm familiar to associate their short-duration price drop. I should have purchased thirty, but didn't.

Commensurate with that, I traveled 100 miles to buy a new F350 in 2003 from a dealer who promised a specific truck on their website (by VIN) to be cheaper than a lesser-equipped truck I found locally. Upon arrival, it was found the dealer rep got the VINs confused, and the truck they promised was actually several thousands of dollars more expensive. They nonetheless stood by the deal they offered and sold me the truck for less than the local truck's price. (Galpin Ford in LA, CA)

Neither of the two events above infer me to be ethically, morally or legally challenged, yet are comparable to the transaction OP expected.

Unless you are prepared to present some more relevant means to illustrate your point, I still fail to agree with your stance smearing OP as less than honest.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#41]
The new Botach
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ i'm with this guy.

i can't figure people that think they are entitled to just get something because someone else made a mistake. i understand it even less when they act like they've been "had" in some manner.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Taking advantage of a retailer's advertised price is not tantamount to the misappropriation of too much money given in change from a sale, as illustrated within your McDonald's example.

I bought five Wilson Combat 47D magazines a year ago from a retailer for just over half the price they usually advertise; there was no calendar event with which I'm familiar to associate their short-duration price drop. I should have purchased thirty, but didn't.

Commensurate with that, I traveled 100 miles to buy a new F350 in 2003 from a dealer who promised a specific truck on their website (by VIN) to be cheaper than a lesser-equipped truck I found locally. Upon arrival, it was found the dealer rep got the VINs confused, and the truck they promised was actually several thousands of dollars more expensive. They nonetheless stood by the deal they offered and sold me the truck for less than the local truck's price. (Galpin Ford in LA, CA)

Neither of the two events above infer me to be ethically, morally or legally challenged, yet are comparable to the transaction OP expected.

Unless you are prepared to present some more relevant means to illustrate your point, I still fail to agree with your stance smearing OP as less than honest.

Yep
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I order occasionally from them... Only from the clearance section when it is a screaming deal and I can wait.

Without fail, items from their clearance section showing "In Stock!" are back ordered. . I have never understood backorders for "clearance" items.

Last time I ordered was for 10 pairs of 5.11 Leather patrol gloves for a total cost less than what the local police supply shop wanted for one pair.  Of course they were back ordered. I got em a couple months later.

+1   This is exactly my past several experiences with them.  A LOT of items they say are in stock on the website end up being backordered a day or so later.  
Their prices for regular items can often be found cheaper elsewhere.  

They also have the shitty practice of have 15% off sales on holidays only to raise the price of the item so that is was the same price before the sale.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:15:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
LApolice gear fucking sucks as a retailer.

This.

The last couple of times I ordered from them it took almost a month to get items that were supposed to be in stock.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:27:20 PM EDT
[#47]
I've had nothing but great dealings and killer prices with them.  They get my business whenever I need something even if it's backordered because they deliver.  

OP is an entitlement lover.  

LAPOLICEGEAR has the best prices on some things, so I use them.  If I have an issue, I call and talk to them or chat online and it all works out.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:28:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep

Tell us how you really feel...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:32:46 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Above.

Above the above.

OP:  Wake up.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:33:02 PM EDT
[#50]
The whole "I will never do business with you again" is just absolutely laughable. Do you think they care? If they offered the XPS3-0 for $350 on sale price you would absolutely be buying from them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top