Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/20/2012 10:20:44 AM EDT
I urge you, if you TRULY believe that your conscience is being violated by Obama care, and are not just grandstanding to make some stupid political statement and look like a braying ass, if you truly do believe that all life is sacred and are willing to put your pro-life money where your mouth is, then I urge you to do the following:

Close your doors. Yep, you heard me, close your doors, shut it down, wind things up, and walk away.  Don't sell your assets to someone else.  Don't transfer the business.  Just shut it down and walk away.

If you're not willing to put it all on the line for what you truly believe, then you're doing nothing but making an ass of yourself.

Grow a pair, and walk away, knowing your conscience is clear.

CVN

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Cliff's Notes:

Go Galt.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:27:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I urge you, if you TRULY believe that your conscience is being violated by Obama care, and are not just grandstanding to make some stupid political statement and look like a braying ass, if you truly do believe that all life is sacred and are willing to put your pro-life money where your mouth is, then I urge you to do the following:

Close your doors. Yep, you heard me, close your doors, shut it down, wind things up, and walk away.  Don't sell your assets to someone else.  Don't transfer the business.  Just shut it down and walk away.

If you're not willing to put it all on the line for what you truly believe, then you're doing nothing but making an ass of yourself.

CVN

Be a quitter! That will show them!!

REALLY?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:30:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CVN

REALLY?

Really.  If the owner TRULY believe that life begins at conception, and do not want to support a law that violates the beliefs of the owner, then YES, QUIT, otherwise, they need to just STFU, because otherwise, it's just a bunch of hypocritical noise.

CVN

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

CVN

I agree.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#5]

So I should quit doing business and go Galt because life begins at conception?  What are you - a fucking career counselor?  
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:48:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I fully agree.

If the churchies and lifies who want more children to suffer in neglected, abusive, and pro-leftist "households" and "families", by all means take your ball and go home.

I for one am following folks "quitting" in hopes of an opportunity to make some money.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

CVN

I agree.  

I don't - I think you're full of shit. It isn't the American Way to just roll over and throw in the towel when confronted with evil. That proves nothing and just hands the opposition a victory.

So, OP - I gather you're not a right-to-lifer ... that's okay, I guess. But what I read into your post is a childish wish to see those who do value life go out of business and cease to exist, and that's as fucked up as Obamacare itself.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Is it too late for some of your mothers to take that pill?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Hurray, let's take everything we've built and run it into the ground to make some ambiguous and ephemeral point that no one will get. Let's fire all our employees (who may think just like us when it comes to political outlook), possibly dooming some of them to short or long term poverty. That will most certainly get them to move away from the government teet and big government in general. And let's not forget all the regular folks out there that will be directly, negatively impacted by our decisions. That will make them agree with us for sure.

The first thing the drama llamas here need to realize is that "going Galt" and detaching isn't produce some Randian paradise or otherwise fix society's problems. Most likely it's going to hasten a period of crisis that will likely begin with you and your assets being consumed by the mob. The long term outcome won't be a better world though. It will be a society that enjoys a lower standard of living and a lower utility with regard to personal happiness. You will get blamed (and to some degree rightly so) and it will be years if not decades until things return to the level they once were if they ever even do (since there are always other factors like larger geopolitical forces at play that may prevent such a resurgence see Rome). The solution is to get more plugged in, not detached.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CVN

I agree.  

I don't - I think you're full of shit. It isn't the American Way to just roll over and throw in the towel when confronted with evil. That proves nothing and just hands the opposition a victory.

So, OP - I gather you're not a right-to-lifer ... that's okay, I guess. But what I read into your post is a childish wish to see those who do value life go out of business and cease to exist, and that's as fucked up as Obamacare itself.

The owner of Hobby Lobby recently lost a lawsuit trying to opt out of Obamacare due to religious reasons.  I'm ok with that.  What I'm saying is, if he is true to his convictions, he will simply shut it down otherwise, there's a point where the dollar bills eclipse his convictions.

If he feels as if he is being forced to do something against his will under penalty of law, then he needs to simply walk away.

Is he a man of principle, or is he a man of dollars?

CVN

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So I should quit doing business and go Galt because life begins at conception?  What are you - a fucking career counselor?  

LOL...excellent.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes, because then the individual mandate still won't apply.....wait wut?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:58:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CVN

REALLY?

Quit what, exactly?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Is it too late for some of your mothers to take that pill?

I think the statement "You're dad should have just gotten a blowjob." is applicable to this thread.....

edit, "You", not refering to you m193....

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Lemmings? Naw, we'll get over this butt hurt in a few months, and then... Well I don't know what, but in a few months, we should all have a clear head.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:02:08 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CVN

I agree.  

The "opposition" is the government.  They don't want to kill Hobby Lobby, they want these companies to pay into the system to support those who do not.  If Hobby Lobby closes, the government loses along with everybody else.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:02:24 AM EDT
[#18]
if im against hobby lobby should i go rub one out in there bathroom,... do they consider that murder...is it mass murder

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:02:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Abort my business ,or let babymomma abort her unwanted crotch fruit......Ya let me think that one over....
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:05:18 AM EDT
[#20]
come to think of it would hobby save money by not paying maternity leave....

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:06:22 AM EDT
[#21]
I have a better idea.  Just shoot yourself in the head.  That will show Obama that you really mean it!  While you are at it, take a few of the employees with you.  There's nothing like a commitment, when it comes to.making political statements.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:07:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I fully agree.

If the churchies and lifies who want more children to suffer in neglected, abusive, and pro-leftist "households" and "families", by all means take your ball and go home.

I for one am following folks "quitting" in hopes of an opportunity to make some money.

Yeah, turn your back on the child murder facilitators.  Walk away.  I can see how that would really help.  

PS: this has got to be yet another thread from DU. Hi there Dude!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#23]
They are self-insured. Were it me before I would pay the lawyers to drag things out for their own gain  I'd get rid of the employee health plan, suck up the fine, and tell the employees they are on their own hook for healthcare going FORWARD. I'd let them know why too.

Yeah I know that is what the .gov wants but the bottom line is just as important too.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:08:41 AM EDT
[#24]
I dont see how they can stay in business i get lunch near one a couple times a week and they have dozens of employees and i never see anyone in there

there crap is expensive but its always onsale, just tell me what the dam low price is i hate that 40% of the over priced stuff everyday, just put the freaking price on the tag
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#25]
By the OP's qualification, yes.

Quoted:
My company is progun. Should we close up if they pass an AWB?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:26:11 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

They are self-insured. Were it me before I would pay the lawyers to drag things out for their own gain  I'd get rid of the employee health plan, suck up the fine, and tell the employees they are on their own hook for healthcare going FORWARD. I'd let them know why too.

Yeah I know that is what the .gov wants but the bottom line is just as important too.

I like that idea even better.

I recant my position, and adopt this one.

CVN

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:32:34 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

My company is progun. Should we close up if they pass an AWB?

Not quite the same Bama-Shooter...unless you think that gun ownership is some sort of religious principle (boy am I leaving myself open here on arfcom for that one).

The story I read said that Hobby Lobby was objecting to Obamacare on religious grounds, and did not want to be forced to pay for certain treatments/procedures.  Hobby Lobby lost the law suit.

My statement was simple.  If they REALLY do believe this, and are willing to put their principles on the line, then shut it down...other wise, I see them as doing nothing but grandstanding, and using the name of religion to make some sort of stupid point.

Personally, I am about as fundamentalist a Christian as there is.  I am pro-life. I have voted for ONE Democrat in my life (against David Duke when he ran for governor in Louisiana in the early 90's), and am the kind of guy that tends to worry about the speck in my own eye before picking at the beam in anothers, IOW, I don't see a need to legislate religious views.

I am simply saying that if Hobby Lobby is truly devout, and cannot find a legal way around this, then he needs to shut the doors and stick to his faith.

Nothing more, nothing less.

CVN

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Or a good option 1 might be Bitch to high holy hell about the law, Fire the fuckers that passed the law. Those that are left on office, make them your hobby. yell yourself hoarse until they change the law.
This country has been run into the ground by dumb-ass, money grubbing, turncoat sonuvabitch, lifetime politicians and the yellow bastards who roll over for them whenever things get hard.
We need to stand up and unfuck America and we need to do it now.

supplication is the path of least resistance not the correct path.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:44:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Translation:

If you don't agree with me shut your mouth or just go away, I don't care which.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:20:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Just cut everyone's hours to 29 per week and and provide no health care.  It's the new business model spreading around the country.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#31]
"All that is needed for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#32]
I think people that decide what other people 'ought' to do with their speech, property, and wealth are dickheads that deserve to be ridiculed and scorned.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#33]

What about individuals who believe in the second amendment?

Should they....

1. just say EFF-IT, give up their firearms, and go home

-or-

2. exercise their second amendment rights in such a fashion that would not be code of conduct acceptable?
They should just shut up and do one thing or the other.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:46:57 PM EDT
[#34]
alright, who let an adult in here?

Quoted:
Hurray, let's take everything we've built and run it into the ground to make some ambiguous and ephemeral point that no one will get. Let's fire all our employees (who may think just like us when it comes to political outlook), possibly dooming some of them to short or long term poverty. That will most certainly get them to move away from the government teet and big government in general. And let's not forget all the regular folks out there that will be directly, negatively impacted by our decisions. That will make them agree with us for sure.

The first thing the drama llamas here need to realize is that "going Galt" and detaching isn't produce some Randian paradise or otherwise fix society's problems. Most likely it's going to hasten a period of crisis that will likely begin with you and your assets being consumed by the mob. The long term outcome won't be a better world though. It will be a society that enjoys a lower standard of living and a lower utility with regard to personal happiness. You will get blamed (and to some degree rightly so) and it will be years if not decades until things return to the level they once were if they ever even do (since there are always other factors like larger geopolitical forces at play that may prevent such a resurgence see Rome). The solution is to get more plugged in, not detached.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
if im against hobby lobby should i go rub one out in there bathroom,... do they consider that murder...is it mass murder

Only if your wife is changing a tampon at the same time.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

CVN

Why would they quit when they can just cut all their staff to 29 hrs and not have to support Obamacare?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I fully agree.

what a tool
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:53:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I fully agree.

Yeah, turn your back on the child murder facilitators.  Walk away.  I can see how that would really help.  

PS: this has got to be yet another thread from DU. Hi there Dude!

He does not understand that business makes money in spite of .gov, not because of it.

TXL
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:57:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

CVN

I agree.  

Yup, very OWS or just whiny liberal-like. If "you" don't agree with "me' then just go away!!!

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#40]
I disagree with OP. Forgive me for sounding cliche here but fuck quitting. That's not the path an American takes when the chips are down.

If Obama is really the dictator everyone around here thinks he is (me included), make him act like one. Call their bluff and make them shut you down, then take it to court. Something has to give, and the dictator is counting that thing being you. Make them martyr your ass and make sure the public sees it. The more companies they break and the more people who are left jobless by them, the worse it is for them. Going out of business on your terms makes you look bad. Take a page out of Obama's book and be the victim.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I disagree with OP. Forgive me for sounding cliche here but fuck quitting. That's not the path an American takes when the chips are down.

If Obama is really the dictator everyone around here thinks he is (me included), make him act like one. Call their bluff and make them shut you down, then take it to court. Something has to give, and the dictator is counting that thing being you. Make them martyr your ass and make sure the public sees it. The more companies they break and the more people who are left jobless by them, the worse it is for them. Going out of business on your terms makes you look bad. Take a page out of Obama's book and be the victim.

I like that.  I struggle with the idea of victimhood, and would much rather see things (in my life) done on my terms, but I like what you're saying.

CVN

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Translation:
If you don't agree with me shut your mouth or just go away, I don't care which.

I think the OP is articulating his point poorly, but I agree with it in that if your moral objections to abortive or procreative treatments mean that they're violating your religious beliefs to such a degree, then continued operation (under force of law) equals you knowingly giving abortive care or whatever to your employees - and that the life that's so sacred has taken a back seat to the continued operation ($$) of your business.
If it's saving lives, and you truly believe that (which is fine, btw), then don't continue to operate and allow lives to be taken.

In an extreme example but imagine this - if you believe strongly that the death penalty is wrong, unconscionable, but your business is hooking up electric chairs for the state - it's not unreasonable to object by finding another line of work rather than having a direct hand in the moral choice you find to be so wrong.

Hobby Lobby should take their marbles and go home if they feel providing these services against their will amounts to murder, or aren't they taking some small part in these murders?

It's an honest criticism.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#43]
That's what you have done, right?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:18:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

CVN

REALLY?

Really.  If the owner TRULY believe that life begins at conception, and do not want to support a law that violates the beliefs of the owner, then YES, QUIT, otherwise, they need to just STFU, because otherwise, it's just a bunch of hypocritical noise.

CVN

Yes, because standing up for liberty is hypocritical.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

CVN

REALLY?

CVN

Standing up for it is great. But, they've lost the legal battle and now must provide the care they believe is wrong. Continuing to provide it isn't standing up to tyranny anymore, is it?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:20:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I like that.  I struggle with the idea of victimhood, and would much rather see things (in my life) done on my terms, but I like what you're saying.

CVN

I feel the exact same way about victimhood, I grew up around those people and I fucking hate it with everything I have. But, two can play that game.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:

[/div]
Standing up for it is great. But, they've lost the legal battle and now must provide the care they believe is wrong. Continuing to provide it isn't standing up to tyranny anymore, is it?
 [/div]

They have not lost the legal battle as it is still ongoing. There will be appeals.
Some companies have won. This will not be settled till it hits scotus.

Edit: I fail at editing this tag stuff!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:26:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

[/div]

[/div]

They have not lost the legal battle as it is still ongoing. There will be appeals.

For now, they've lost but let's speed ahead till the USSC rules predictably (they're on a roll lately) and mandates that Hobby Lobby must provide these services.

What then? Either you choose to fund these services, or you don't. The question is are your moral objections to it stronger than your line of work?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:28:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CVN

REALLY?

this guy didn't think this one out.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

[/div]
 [/div]

For now, they've lost but let's speed ahead till the USSC rules predictably (they're on a roll lately) and mandates that Hobby Lobby must provide these services.

What then? Either you choose to fund these services, or you don't. The question is are your moral objections to it stronger than your line of work?

Civil disobedience? And since it is not finalize what you ask is hypothetical. Cross the bridge once we get there.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top