Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2012 7:33:21 AM EDT
The Hostess strike fiasco created a shortage of items in the bread aisle for us this weekend. It was like shopping in the 3rd world. The shelves were all but empty. I was like WTF my wife looked at me and said, its the hostess strike.

Anyone else noticing any diminishing choices and lack of stock when shopping? Im sure the folks in the NE have had some bare shelves lately. Due to weather.

Well Im glad the bakers and teamsters union brought that shit down.. They should be proud contributing to the "general welfare" in such a positive way.

I see tell tale signs of what its like to live in a communist shithole when labor unions can take out almost an entire market.

ETA: The new cafe standards I think will "fundamentally transform" the choices available in the auto industry in the short years ahead.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:39:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Diminishing choice? As a kid I remember the bread aisle being about 10 feet of shelf space.  Now there literally is an entire aisle full of regular bread, artisan bread, bagels, muffins, wraps, gluten free crap, 72 seeds and sticks bread, rolls, buns, brioche, biscotti, crumpets, strumpets and anything else you want.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:41:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Diminishing choice? As a kid I remember the bread aisle being about 10 feet of shelf space.  Now there literally is an entire aisle full of regular bread, artisan bread, bagels, muffins, wraps, gluten free crap, 72 seeds and sticks bread, rolls, buns, brioche, biscotti, crumpets, strumpets and anything else you want.

I'll take a sackful of strumpets, please.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:10:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They must sell out fast,I never see them
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:23:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:32:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me too.

I get my strumpets by the pallet.

/Costco, bitches

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:34:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I didn't notice the empty bread/pastry aisle as I was too busy getting flats of canned veggies that were on sale.

Besides, I can bake better bread than that Wonder shit.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:43:02 AM EDT
[#7]
If this is how America reacts when a snack food supply is threatened, what happens in a major crisis?  

We should be more like our grandparents or our great-grandparents who saved, scrimped, canned, recycled for the rainy day and just to do without.  We can learn from the Depression Era people.  

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:49:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I think the stores around here have pretty much normal stock. Maybe the hostess is cleaned out. I have to eat the gluten free crap (no really, it's mostly crappy) which is hit or miss anyways.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:59:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Dear Plebe,

Stay calm and collective, we know what we are doing.

Sincerely, Agenda 21
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:11:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They must sell out fast,I never see them

SEE, DIMINISHING CHOICES

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:15:13 AM EDT
[#11]
The supply chain, how does it work???

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:35:29 AM EDT
[#12]
SunBeam Mfers!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The supply chain, how does it work???

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

magnets?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:39:46 AM EDT
[#14]
I believe that in many stores I patronize that the number of choices over the last 3-4 years has declined. It hasn't really affected me personally because the things I buy seem to have stuck around but in general it just seems like there are fewer choices in certain items.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top