Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2012 7:25:02 AM EDT
Do you have that gun that the Seals used?

Do you have "Insert gun" That was in Call Of Duty?

Where do you keep your clips?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:37:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a guy at a gun counter tell me that I shouldn't buy a .308 because when you fire it the bullet goes up then drops into the target and I should look at getting a .300 Win mag because it doesn't.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:48:11 AM EDT
[#2]
i want to get a snub nose 38 with a rail to mount a scope on
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:49:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Not really said, but I hate when customers(and workers that allow customers) points a gun at a person.  I was in a large chain store the other day and had a desert eagle pointed at me and I grabbed it out of the guys hands.  Pissed him off but I didn't care.  
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:50:27 AM EDT
[#4]
"can I get some help over here or you guys going to spend all day comparing the features of your shoot me first vests"
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:50:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i want to get a snub nose 38 with a rail to mount a scope on

no fucking way. you gotta be making that shit up.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:52:18 AM EDT
[#6]
no, it was a customer the other day. he wanted a little colt 38, but with a rail to mount a scope and laser on it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:54:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
no, it was a customer the other day. he wanted a little colt 38, but with a rail to mount a scope and laser on it.

i've heard it all now.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:56:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

ive made quite a few rails.. But hey its there money.. And now its my money..
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Probably the same as the last 1,000 threads on this topic.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:00:32 AM EDT
[#10]
"Judge" this and "Judge" that...

Or any variation, such as "Shotgun pistol"
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:03:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Probably the same as the last 1,000 threads on this topic.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:06:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ive made quite a few rails.. But hey its there money.. And now its my money..

im just a small little place, i tried to help him best i could but he was pretty dead set on a little 1 1/2 in bbl gun with a scope.

whatever, people want what they want.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:07:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

i get judge alot. one guy wanted a judge for his wife since she wasnt a good shot and didnt like shooting guns. I said they judge would prob just reinforce her dislike, he didnt understand why
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Not an annoyance per se, but an indication of how uninformed some gun owners or prospective gun owners are, which may explain why NYS continues to have the gun laws it does: people who don't realize that you need a permit to own a handgun or that NYS continues to have its own assault weapon ban. just got off the phone with a guy who wants me to do the transfer into NY on a gun he just bought on-line out of state....and we were ten minutes into the conversation before he found out that he needs a permit to possess the handgun once it gets here. This is not that unusual,actually. The gun just sits in the safe til the buyer shows up in six or seven months with their minty new permit and purchase coupon.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:46:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I had a guy at a gun counter tell me that I shouldn't buy a .308 because when you fire it the bullet goes up then drops into the target and I should look at getting a .300 Win mag because it doesn't.  

What the fuck?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#16]
It'll never happen.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:50:59 AM EDT
[#17]
where do you keep your clips is a legitimate question or do you not realize that?  You do know that some weapons use clips don't you
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Do you have any .22lr self-defense ammo? Jesus wept.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:55:50 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Not an annoyance per se, but an indication of how uninformed some gun owners or prospective gun owners are, which may explain why NYS continues to have the gun laws it does: people who don't realize that you need a permit to own a handgun or that NYS continues to have its own assault weapon ban. just got off the phone with a guy who wants me to do the transfer into NY on a gun he just bought on-line out of state....and we were ten minutes into the conversation before he found out that he needs a permit to possess the handgun once it gets here. This is not that unusual,actually. The gun just sits in the safe til the buyer shows up in six or seven months with their minty new permit and purchase coupon.

Opposite problem here, new gun owners always want to know how to go about registering or getting a permit for their new gun. I love explaining that they live in a free state

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:01:04 AM EDT
[#20]
"I need a clip for my .25"

Anything that they tell new shooters or women that is super fucking retarded.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:03:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Opposite problem here, new gun owners always want to know how to go about registering or getting a permit for their new gun. I love explaining that they live in a free state

Which doesn't slow down their purchase from you
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i get judge alot. one guy wanted a judge for his wife since she wasnt a good shot and didnt like shooting guns. I said they judge would prob just reinforce her dislike, he didnt understand why

Heh.  I thought this was just an arfcom joke until I was standing at the counter one day and a guy said "I am thinking about getting a Judge for my wife".  

recockulous.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:07:12 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was going to post the same thing.

I listen to people spouting all sorts of nonsense.- Magazines that hold more than 10 rounds are for military personal and law enforcement only, 14 day waiting period to buy a gun, full auto/suppressors are illegal, full metal jacket ammo is illegal, and much more.

All of this bull comes from a friend of mine who cant keep his trap shut whenever someone comes to me for firearms advice. He is a Marine

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:09:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Which doesn't slow down their purchase from you

Your perspective is a wise one.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Not from a customer, but the guy at the counter did say the Romanian Ak is top of the line, and the wooden vertical grip handguard meant it was used by Romanian special forces.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:33:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
where do you keep your clips is a legitimate question or do you not realize that?  You do know that some weapons use clips don't you

Let's not have that discussion here.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#27]
"I load my home defense shotgun with birdshot, because if I loaded it with buckshot I might actually kill the guy...".

"Do you have any subsonic 223 ammo? I don't want my eardrums to burst if I ever have to shoot it off indoors...".

"A good 22 is all you need for defense. If somebody is charging you, just shoot them in the head...".

"The reason there is so much surplus M855 on the market is because it was just banned by the Geneva Convention for doing too much damage...".

"If you spray your bullets with Pam cooking spray they'll pass right through body armor, because Pam is made out of Teflon...".

"Our soldiers are using Taurus Judges for house to house fighting...".

"My AR15 can be converted to fire full auto with just a file and a paper clip...".

"Is that a SPAS12? (Benelli M3). You shouldn't have one of those-Clinton banned them...".

The list goes on

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:49:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

"Is that a SPAS12? (Benelli M3). You shouldn't have one of those-Clinton banned them...".

"No sir, the spaz is on the other side of the counter"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top