Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/20/2012 7:11:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:14:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:15:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I am suspious, the Second Amendment is about firearm ownership , not about gun ranges, or public access, it is about gun ownership. I suspect this will whip around and bite us eventually.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:22:31 AM EDT
[#3]
creates a "National Fish Habitat board" huh?  What all does that entail?  More bureaucracy?  More .gov control?
I don't like it, something smells fishy.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Dem sponsored and Obunghole approved; Yeah I am very suspicious about it!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:36:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Anytime the word "sporting" is thrown on the table, "non-sporting" is soon to follow.

I don't like it...it looks good, but smells like shit.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:39:47 AM EDT
[#6]
tack on a part that allows nationwide concealed carry and stand your ground laws

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:48:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:06:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Who, exactly, is going to be creating and managing these shooting ranges that the bill discusses?  If we should learn anything about the way the federal government operates, it is that once they start paying for things, they control it.

Here is Subtitle B of S. 3525:

Subtitle B––Target Practice and Marksmanship Training Support

SEC. 111. TARGET PRACTICE AND MARKSMANSHIP TRAINING.
This subtitle may be cited as the ‘Target Practice and Marksmanship Training Support Act’.

SEC. 112. FINDINGS; PURPOSE.
(a) Findings- Congress finds that––

(1) the use of firearms and archery equipment for target practice and marksmanship training activities on Federal land is allowed, except to the extent specific portions of that land have been closed to those activities;

(2) in recent years preceding the date of enactment of this Act, portions of Federal land have been closed to target practice and marksmanship training for many reasons;

(3) the availability of public target ranges on non-Federal land has been declining for a variety of reasons, including continued population growth and development near former ranges;

(4) providing opportunities for target practice and marksmanship training at public target ranges on Federal and non-Federal land can help––

(A) to promote enjoyment of shooting, recreational, and hunting activities; and

(B) to ensure safe and convenient locations for those activities;

(5) Federal law in effect on the date of enactment of this Act, including the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act (16 U.S.C. 669 et seq.), provides Federal support for construction and expansion of public target ranges by making available to States amounts that may be used for construction, operation, and maintenance of public target ranges; and

(6) it is in the public interest to provide increased Federal support to facilitate the construction or expansion of public target ranges.

(b) Purpose- The purpose of this subtitle is to facilitate the construction and expansion of public target ranges, including ranges on Federal land managed by the Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management.

SEC. 113. DEFINITION OF PUBLIC TARGET RANGE.
In this subtitle, the term ‘public target range’ means a specific location that––

(1) is identified by a governmental agency for recreational shooting;

(2) is open to the public;

(3) may be supervised; and

(4) may accommodate archery or rifle, pistol, or shotgun shooting.

SEC. 114. AMENDMENTS TO PITTMAN-ROBERTSON WILDLIFE RESTORATION ACT.
(a) Definitions- Section 2 of the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act (16 U.S.C. 669a) is amended––

(1) by redesignating paragraphs (2) through (8) as paragraphs (3) through (9), respectively; and

(2) by inserting after paragraph (1) the following:

‘(2) the term ‘public target range’ means a specific location that––

‘(A) is identified by a governmental agency for recreational shooting;

‘(B) is open to the public;

‘(C) may be supervised; and

‘(D) may accommodate archery or rifle, pistol, or shotgun shooting;’.

(b) Expenditures for Management of Wildlife Areas and Resources- Section 8(b) of the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act (16 U.S.C. 669g(b)) is amended––

(1) by striking ‘(b) Each State’ and inserting the following:

‘(b) Expenditures for Management of Wildlife Areas and Resources-

‘(1) IN GENERAL- Except as provided in paragraph (2), each State’;

(2) in paragraph (1) (as so designated), by striking ‘construction, operation,’ and inserting ‘operation’;

(3) in the second sentence, by striking ‘The non-Federal share’ and inserting the following:

‘(3) NON-FEDERAL SHARE- The non-Federal share’;

(4) in the third sentence, by striking ‘The Secretary’ and inserting the following:

‘(4) REGULATIONS- The Secretary’; and

(5) by inserting after paragraph (1) (as designated by paragraph (1) of this subsection) the following:

‘(2) EXCEPTION- Notwithstanding the limitation described in paragraph (1), a State may pay up to 90 percent of the cost of acquiring land for, expanding, or constructing a public target range.’.

(c) Firearm and Bow Hunter Education and Safety Program Grants- Section 10 of the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act (16 U.S.C. 669h-1) is amended––

(1) in subsection (a), by adding at the end the following:

‘(3) ALLOCATION OF ADDITIONAL AMOUNTS- Of the amount apportioned to a State for any fiscal year under section 4(b), the State may elect to allocate not more than 10 percent, to be combined with the amount apportioned to the State under paragraph (1) for that fiscal year, for acquiring land for, expanding, or constructing a public target range.’;

(2) by striking subsection (b) and inserting the following:

‘(b) Cost Sharing-

‘(1) IN GENERAL- Except as provided in paragraph (2), the Federal share of the cost of any activity carried out using a grant under this section shall not exceed 75 percent of the total cost of the activity.

‘(2) PUBLIC TARGET RANGE CONSTRUCTION OR EXPANSION- The Federal share of the cost of acquiring land for, expanding, or constructing a public target range in a State on Federal or non-Federal land pursuant to this section or section 8(b) shall not exceed 90 percent of the cost of the activity.’; and

(3) in subsection (c)(1)––

(A) by striking ‘Amounts made’ and inserting the following:

‘(A) IN GENERAL- Except as provided in subparagraph (B), amounts made’; and

(B) by adding at the end the following:

‘(B) EXCEPTION- Amounts provided for acquiring land for, constructing, or expanding a public target range shall remain available for expenditure and obligation during the 5-fiscal-year period beginning on October 1 of the first fiscal year for which the amounts are made available.’.

SEC. 115. SENSE OF CONGRESS REGARDING COOPERATION.
It is the sense of Congress that, consistent with applicable laws (including regulations), the Chief of the Forest Service and the Director of the Bureau of Land Management should cooperate with State and local authorities and other entities to implement best practices for waste management and removal and carry out other related activities on any Federal land used as a public target range to encourage continued use of that land for target practice or marksmanship training.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:07:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Outward appearances...ok, not too bad.

However, I am suspicious.  

I can also see the allowance of shooting on federal lands turning into a restriction.  See, we built you this range which is open the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 10-11AM.  Since we provided the range, you can't shoot anywhere else.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:57:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Fuck em, the states and private entities can provide shooting areas and game and fish management.  No reason to spend more money on it or risk more fed. regs.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:01:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I can also see the allowance of shooting on federal lands turning into a restriction.  See, we built you this range which is open the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 10-11AM.  Since we provided the range, you can't shoot anywhere else.

Yep,  First step to not allowing shooting except on "approved" facilities.   Whats next storage restrictions????  Sounds like a first step to where the English are at.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#12]
hmmmmmmmm i'm indertaizing
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:08:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Tarp
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Anything he backs, I oppose. Anything.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm still in shock that my state reelected him and I'm suspicious about anything he puts forth.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Dem sponsored and Obunghole approved; Yeah I am very suspicious about it!!

This^^^^  There must be something wrong or deceptive for the demoncraps to support such a bill.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anything he backs, I oppose. Anything.

Such an incredibly close-minded, backward, and obtuse point of view you have here.

And: damned if I don't agree with this in a wholehearted fashion.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:22:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Fuck that Cur.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#20]
I wonder what the other hand is doing....

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#21]
It would also establish a National Fish Habitat Board.

Think about that for a minute.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#22]
i guess they'll just have to pass the bill to see what's in it - seems legit to me.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#23]

the NRA supports it as well, have fun with the mental gymnastics that will result from this

When Congress reconvened this week, one of the first items the U.S. Senate voted on was S. 3525, "The Sportsmen's Act of 2012."  As we reported last week, S. 3525 is an essential piece of legislation focused on the expansion and enhancement of hunting, recreational fishing and shooting on federal public land.  But it's more than that.  

Of critical importance is the fact that, in addition to promoting land access, S. 3525 would amend the "Toxic Substances Control Act" to prevent this and future administrations from using the Environmental Protection Agency to eliminate the right of hunters, shooters and anglers to use traditional ammunition and fishing tackle.  The bill would amend the law to clarify that the EPA does not have the authority to regulate shot, bullets or sport fishing equipment.  

The bill also allows for the importation of polar bears legally taken from approved populations in Canada before the 2008 ban.  

Last week, a motion to proceed to S. 3525 passed by a vote of 84 to 7.  This week, Senators voted 84-12 to advance S. 3525.

The bill now awaits a vote on final passage, which is scheduled for Monday, November 26.      

Please act now to secure support for this critically important bill that would prevent the EPA from regulating your ammunition!  Please contact your U.S. Senators TODAY and ask them to support S. 3525.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:30:03 AM EDT
[#24]

From the article:
“Permit bows to be transported across national park lands.”
How can they allow these killing weapons in parks? For millennia these bows and arrows have killed countless victims!
What will they allow next sharp pointed sticks oh the humanity!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Supporting "sportsmen" will make it easier to get hunters' support for "non-sporting assault rifles".
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Fuck Obama. I don't trust him. Hope the bill doesn't pass.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Fuck that treasonous slag and anything he's involved with.
It won't be long before he shows his ass to us.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:47:59 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Supporting "sportsmen" will make it easier to get hunters' support for "non-sporting assault rifles".

Exactly

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:50:59 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't trust anything that refers to "sportsmen", "sporting", or "non-sporting".

Admiral Ackbar smells a trap.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Divide and conquer. Give the fudds some security and continue to demonise those evil black rifles that, "nobody uses to hunt with". It's a setup for support for another AWB.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Divide and conquer. Give the fudds some security and continue to demonise those evil black rifles that, "nobody uses to hunt with". It's a setup for support for another AWB.

Maybe, or restricting other ranges/shooting.

No shooting on federal lands other than the range...

Closure of other ranges...

Etc

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:00:47 PM EDT
[#32]
S. 3525 would amend the "Toxic Substances Control Act" to prevent this and future administrations from using the Environmental Protection Agency to eliminate the right of hunters, shooters and anglers to use traditional ammunition and fishing tackle. The bill would amend the law to clarify that the EPA does not have the authority to regulate shot, bullets or sport fishing equipment.

If that part is true, it probably should be supported.   Anything that removes authority from the EPA is a good thing.

Haven't read the whole text of the bill, tho.  So I don't know what potential poison pills await.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:02:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

this

FBHO
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#34]
The local .gov tried shutting down our offroad riding area here due to the fact that the "Arkansas River Shiner" has its native habitat in the river that we ride at, and it is becoming endangered..
There is water in this rivr enough to sustain fish life about 8 seconds of every year. It has been an ongoing battle for 10 years or more. The .gov is stating that the ORV's and ATV's are muddying up the water and expelling pollutants from exhausts and leaky motors.
If the National fish board is created, the .gov can do it anywhere you shoot, citing "lead pollutants" or something like that to get it shut down. They dont need any scientific research. Since its on "their" land they can allow or dissallow anything they want.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The local .gov tried shutting down our offroad riding area here due to the fact that the "Arkansas River Shiner" has its native habitat in the river that we ride at, and it is becoming endangered..
There is water in this rivr enough to sustain fish life about 8 seconds of every year. It has been an ongoing battle for 10 years or more. The .gov is stating that the ORV's and ATV's are muddying up the water and expelling pollutants from exhausts and leaky motors.
If the National fish board is created, the .gov can do it anywhere you shoot, citing "lead pollutants" or something like that to get it shut down. They dont need any scientific research. Since its on "their" land they can allow or dissallow anything they want.

and after that wait for it to spread to private land.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:08:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Anytime the word "sporting" is thrown on the table, "non-sporting" is soon to follow.

I don't like it...it looks good, but smells like shit.

+1

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:16:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep,  First step to not allowing shooting except on "approved" facilities.   Whats next storage restrictions????  Sounds like a first step to where the English are at.

that's the way asshat statists like zero operate. Give with one hand dressed up promise. Take with other.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#38]
You folks do realize there are already Federally owned shooting ranges on some public lands??
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:57:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
the NRA supports it as well, have fun with the mental gymnastics that will result from this

When Congress reconvened this week, one of the first items the U.S. Senate voted on was S. 3525, "The Sportsmen's Act of 2012."  As we reported last week, S. 3525 is an essential piece of legislation focused on the expansion and enhancement of hunting, recreational fishing and shooting on federal public land.  But it's more than that.  

Of critical importance is the fact that, in addition to promoting land access, S. 3525 would amend the "Toxic Substances Control Act" to prevent this and future administrations from using the Environmental Protection Agency to eliminate the right of hunters, shooters and anglers to use traditional ammunition and fishing tackle.  The bill would amend the law to clarify that the EPA does not have the authority to regulate shot, bullets or sport fishing equipment.  

The bill also allows for the importation of polar bears legally taken from approved populations in Canada before the 2008 ban.  

Last week, a motion to proceed to S. 3525 passed by a vote of 84 to 7.  This week, Senators voted 84-12 to advance S. 3525.

The bill now awaits a vote on final passage, which is scheduled for Monday, November 26.      

Please act now to secure support for this critically important bill that would prevent the EPA from regulating your ammunition!  Please contact your U.S. Senators TODAY and ask them to support S. 3525.

No pun intended but that's the bait. Ooooh wow look they're going to curtail the EPA's efforts to ban lead ammo yaaay!!! That's how they suck you in and get you to vote for their shit. If the bill said nothing but that, then it'd be fine. You and I both know that's not the case, lets not kid ourselves.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
<snip>

This stinks to high heaven.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:01:26 PM EDT
[#41]

Heard someone talk about this the other day. Google agenda 21 I think it is called.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:01:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No pun intended but that's the bait. Ooooh wow look they're going to curtail the EPA's efforts to ban lead ammo yaaay!!! That's how they suck you in and get you to vote for their shit. If the bill said nothing but that, then it'd be fine. You and I both know that's not the case, lets not kid ourselves.

Have you read the bill?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Fuck em, the states and private entities can provide shooting areas and game and fish management.  No reason to spend more money on it or risk more fed. regs.

Winner winner. How do you like your chicken?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm still in shock that my state reelected him and I'm suspicious about anything he puts forth.

Yeah no shit.  Tester voted with Obama 95% of the time and yet every so called conservative I've ran into since the election in MOntana said they voted for him.  And they all said the same thing, "Tester is the only one who truly cares about Montana, the other guy just wants to get rich."  Interestingly enough, Tester would also be considered a rich rancher as well, but since he has a D after his name, its different I'm sure.  

In the end, people are fucking stupid everywhere and it would appear even rural Americans want their free hand outs.  

ETA:  I received maiil from tester every single day for two weeks prior to the election that said his opponent was against hunting/fishing and wanted to put drones in the sky to monitor Montana hunters and fisherman.  So of course, everyone got up in arms and voted Tester over it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:04:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you read the bill?

Do you trust Obama?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you read the bill?

Do you trust Obama?

On this?

Yeah.

This is a good bill.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:06:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Obama supports it, I'm against it.

Does anybody here honestly believe the dems and Obama would support a bill that is good for 2A supporters in the long run? I sure don't.

This bill is a Judas goat designed to lead us all into the meat grinder.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I wonder what the other hand is doing....  

+1

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#49]

Don't care.

Don't hunt.

Fuck them.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Fuck Obama and this bill.  I'm sorry if he is for a gun or ammo bill then we are getting fucked somewhere or he is setting us up for a future fucking.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top