Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/20/2012 7:10:07 AM EDT
I pulled my neck muscles and it is killing me.  Dr has me an Rx of muscle relaxers that I will start taking tonight.  Anyone have any funny stories they'd like to share?  

Sadly I'm sure my experience will not live up to the Ambien stores
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:10:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Didn't do shit for me.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:11:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Didn't do shit for me.

this
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:11:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Muscle relaxers don't really get you very buzzed

Maybe if you pound a few beers after taking some you might feel something, but these are not the recreational prescription drugs you seek.

Speed

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:12:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't do shit for me.

this

Made me itch and weird dreams... thats about all they did for me!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:12:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't do shit for me.

this

x3

they help a little sometimes, but other than that no weird side effects.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:12:23 AM EDT
[#6]
They just turned me into a Zombie.  No energy, no motivation.  Just wanted to sleep all day.

Follow their advice and don't mix them with alcohol. That's just asking for trouble.  

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:15:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Living in MN was in bed with my back taking Muscle relaxers, wife went to work at 7am got home about 6:30 pm
she says to me what did you all do today I said nothing my back is killing me been in bed all day.

She says Funny you have a I voted sticker on your shirt and the fridge is full of food.

To this day I do not remember voting or grocery shopping.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:16:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They just turned me into a Zombie.  No energy, no motivation.  Just wanted to sleep all day.

Follow their advice and don't mix them with alcohol. That's just asking for trouble.  

Pretty much this....I have woke up in a puddle of drool on my desk with my co workers laughing at me. At least they did not draw on me with magic marker......
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:17:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't do shit for me.

this

Scam

They have never worked for me.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:17:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't do shit for me.

this

Scam

They have never worked for me.

Me either

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:18:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Living in MN was in bed with my back taking Muscle relaxers, wife went to work at 7am got home about 6:30 pm

she says to me what did you all do today I said nothing my back is killing me been in bed all day.

She says Funny you have a I voted sticker on your shirt and the fridge is full of food.

I require more stories of this caliber

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:18:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Need xanax with them for full awesome
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Not a muscle relaxer but I had a demerol/atavan cocktail after surgery in 2002 and apparently I bought a fish finder on ebay.  I've never even owned a boat.  I ended up trading it for some AR magazines.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:19:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I require more stories of this caliber

Seriously, this.  This is the gold I was looking for.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:21:39 AM EDT
[#15]
A couple winters ago I was on my way to work in the morning, went to walk out to my car and slipped on some ice and landed funny. I couldn't turn my head without a TON of pain, so I called up work, explained the situation, and decided I should probably go get it checked out(and I hate going to the doctor if I don't need to). The put me in a exam room checked me out a bit and fed me some vicodin(sp?) and some kind of muscle relaxant to try and help. They wanted to do a MRI but I had to wait a bit, so the drugs had some time to kick in. When they came to get me and take me to get the MRI I stood up and was like "all right lets go!" and headed for the door, the nurse freaked out, she said I shouldn't be able to get up and walk around like I was. She made me get in a wheel chair....bitch

Turns out I didn't do anything too terrible, just strained some muscles, they wanted me to wear a neck brace for a few weeks and take a couple days off work (im a mechanic). I wore it for a couple days until I felt like I didn't need it, I'd put it back on if my neck was getting sore again. Was back at work pretty quick too.

Her reaction was priceless though, it's like she was expecting me to be a big ball of goo after the meds.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:23:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Didn't do shit for me.

Not a damn thing.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:25:36 AM EDT
[#17]
cyclobenzaprine? It will make you tired with a dry mouth. It's not fun and wacky like Ambien.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:29:29 AM EDT
[#18]
when I injured my neck, the muscles were in full spasm mode.

in the ER, they gave me 2 shots of who knows what, but it felt like someone poured warm syrup - like homer buckets full of it - over my head.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:29:49 AM EDT
[#19]
they relax my muscles, that's about it.

if i'm pretty tired and headed for bed they have a slight sedative effect.

nothing weird, no buzz to speak of, just get the job done.

when my neck locks up they are a godsend.

i try not to take them when i have to work because they make me feel slightly out of it, but once every few months it's unavoidable.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:34:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

in the ER, they gave me 2 shots of who knows what, but it felt like someone poured warm syrup - like homer buckets full of it - over my head.

Tramadol does that to me.. makes me feel all warm and fuzzy in episodes for a few minutes at a time... that's some weird stuff! Also makes me stutter!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:39:46 AM EDT
[#21]
My back is so screwed that Flexeril no longer does jack for me. I can take a handful of them and still function normally.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:40:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tramadol does that to me.. makes me feel all warm and fuzzy in episodes for a few minutes at a time... that's some weird stuff! Also makes me stutter!

it felt goooooooood...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:48:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Generally they don't do shit for me.  I had them when I tore my shoulder up.  About the only effect it had was constipation.

Now codine or codine cough medicine...... lala land (currently taking)......

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:02:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Get some Robaxin (methocarbomol), take 8-10 of them, chase with 3 beers, get back to me in the morning.

Working in the horse industry has its perks .
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Muscle relaxers arent like opiods or stuff that makes you fall asleep. All they do is relax your muscles.

If you want a "story" out of them, I guess you could take some before attempting a real big insertion.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Messed up my back 3 Christmases ago - right before we went on a week long vacation in an awesome cottage in downtown Bend, OR.  Beautiful place, not cheap, we went all out that year on presents, meals and all kinds of holiday fun.  I was on Flexiril and Vicodin for pretty much the whole week just so that I could stand upright. I now remember glimpses of that trip . . a half dozen snapshots in my mind . .  but 95% of it is gone.  It's like my brain just turned off its record mode.  That sucks.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Maybe if you pound a few beers after taking some you might feel something, but these are not the recreational prescription drugs you seek.

Speed

Don't do this.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Muscle relaxers arent like opiods or stuff that makes you fall asleep. All they do is relax your muscles.

If you want a "story" out of them, I guess you could take some before attempting a real big insertion.

They don't just relax muscles, they depress the entire CNS = you don't know your muscles hurt because you're sedated.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#29]
About four or five years ago I got a script for Flexeril. Doc told me to take two so I did that evening.

I got up the next morning feeling extremely tired, not unusual really. On the way to work I could barely hold my eyes open to drive and not long after settling in my cubicle in a boring ass job I was out like a light. I dont remember driving home or passing out once I got home.

I didnt take them again until the following Friday night and this time I only took one to see if it had the same affect and I swear I slept until Sunday evening. Not a good sleep either, a miserable zombie groggy feeling. Still have the rest.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:01:32 AM EDT
[#30]
My wife was involved in a TC (other lady hit her and ran), and she got a 'scrip for them.

She took one just before we went out to eat, and halfway through the meal, the fork seemed to weigh a ton for her. She thought she was squeezing my hand with all her strength, but I barely felt pressure.

I had to carry her back to the car, then back into the house and into bed.

It was my turn a year later. I took it just before going to bed.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Jacked my knee up once and they put me on a pain killer and some little 5.5mg pill not sure if it was a muscle relaxer or not. I took them on the kitchen after breakfast and went to the living room sat in the chair  propped my leg up on one of the big exercise balls. Started to watch tv and got a  funny fast in my mouth like I had a penny  on my tounge ....next thing I know I woke  up it was dark outside my knee hurt like crazy and was stiff as fuk. My shirt and a  blanket were wet from drooling, I yelled for my wife and asked why the fuk she didn't wake  me up she got pissed and said she kept trying and even shook me she got scared and called the Dr. They told her it would be ok so she let me sit there ..... We figured I went to sleep at around 8am and woke up around 4am.   I never took another one of them crazy ass pills
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Have had Flexeril for my back a few times. If I take one then go lay down on a couch I'll be asleep within 5 minutes no problem. Other than that it doesn't make me feel different aside from making my back hurt less.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speed

Don't do this.

this

you will end up fucking shit up, your car, stuff in your house, shit your pants maybe

dont drink on muscle relaxers
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This explains elections.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#35]
I had some beers saved up for tonight too
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Drink all but 2 beers.
Pop 1 more than prescribed meds after buzz.
Hop into tub with good book and last 2 beers.
Desired effect acheived?

Last stuff I had let me know that I am allergic to something and made me itch bad.

Better off with ibuprofen.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:47:31 AM EDT
[#37]
I hurt my back on a parachute jump in the Army. They put me on muscle relaxers and then that night we had a 9MM stressfire course with friendly/foe targets. I tried explaining that I was not supposed to be shooting while on these, but they made me anyway. I was kind of just sleepwalking down the line of pop up targets shooting at who knows what. Turns out I shot a perfect score. The only one in my unit. Then as soon as I finished firing, they told me to go draw keys to a patrol car and go work law enforcement from 11PM-7AM because they were short on people. I tried explaining that not only should I not have a loaded weapon, but driving around arresting people was a really bad idea. They didn't listen so I drew my vehicle, drove to an empty lot, and slept until I got off. I figured that was safest.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:49:28 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I pulled my neck muscles and it is killing me.  Dr has me an Rx of muscle relaxers that I will start taking tonight.  Anyone have any funny stories they'd like to share?  

Sadly I'm sure my experience will not live up to the Ambien stores

Yes,  I shit my pants later than night.

All seriousness...apparently it relaxes EVERYTHING...I sneezed, and crapped a nugget in my shorts.

CVN
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:50:02 AM EDT
[#39]
The ones I got for my neck just make me sleepy.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Speed

Mine have always come with a companion such as Percocet or Vicodin.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Drink all but 2 beers.
Pop 1 more than prescribed meds after buzz.
Hop into tub with good book and last 2 beers.
Desired effect acheived?

Last stuff I had let me know that I am allergic to something and made me itch bad.

Better off with ibuprofen.

Flexeril gave me a weird rash. It's the only thing I've ever had any kind of allergic reaction to.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:58:32 AM EDT
[#42]
I hurt my back probably 15 years ago and I couldn't hardly walk.  Muscles were fucked, back was fucked, and I was a young man so it really sucked.

I took one Flexeril 10mg.  Just one.

My bones turned into limp noodles.  I think I could have tied my legs in a knot above my head.  Stretch Armstrong was like a marble statue compared to me.  Additionally, it made me really spacey.  I have no idea what I was talking about but I loved everybody.  EVERYBODY.

Then I went to sleep and I think I slept about 18 hours.  Woke up, back was better.

I tossed the pills.  That's just some freaky shit.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Ever hear of Quaaludes , yep they WERE muscle relaxers  

RORER   714    FTMFW
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:19:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
cyclobenzaprine? It will make you tired with a dry mouth. It's not fun and wacky like Ambien.

Back when I was a 300+ lb fatass I'd throw my back out a few times a year and that's what they'd give me. It worked pretty well but it didn't really give me a fun time - just relief from the pain.

I lost about 70 lbs and haven't had a single back problem since then. I'll take that any day over drugs
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:20:38 AM EDT
[#45]
the best and funniest one yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLQRKnZ2cK8
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it felt goooooooood...

Honestly I think that's more due to your body relaxing. When you've been tensed or have spasming muscles for hours or days, your nerves have been firing constantly, muscles bound up tight... then you cause that to stop and the relief feels amazing. If you took the same drug without the muscle condition it probably wouldn't feel like much.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#47]
All they do for me is make me tired.  They don't even really seem to help the pain.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#48]
One Soma and I giggle for hours.  Everything's funny.... probably because my arms and legs feel so detached and don't work very well.

A bottle of 20 lasts me over a year.  I keep having to turn in my unused, expired ones in order to get a fresh script to keep on hand.  I don't use them often, but when my back acts up, I NEED them.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:23:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Made my nose itch really bad and made me sleepy.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#50]
At some point or the other I have had 3, none worked worth a damn.  Vioxx, Soma, and Flexoril IIRC.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top