Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 6:03:06 AM EDT
I was on FB this morning and Walton and Johnson had a link to a video of Anderson Cooper almost wetting himself when an explosion went off near him.  What makes me go is that it said his location was in Gaza City.  Gaza City?  I'm sorry are you in Hamas controlled territory in a hotel/building doing the news and are surprised when Isreal blows shit up near you?

Am I really seeing that American news agencies are there and not in Israel?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:05:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was on FB this morning and Walton and Johnson had a link to a video of Anderson Cooper almost wetting himself when an explosion went off near him.  What makes me go is that it said his location was in Gaza City.  Gaza City?  I'm sorry are you in Hamas controlled territory in a hotel/building doing the news and are surprised when Isreal blows shit up near you?

Yep.  CBS even has a permanent office there.  Hamas bends over backwards to make them feel at home.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:05:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Dupe. Consensus is you'd shit your britches if you had rockets danger close as well.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:07:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Human shields...or sub-human anyway.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:11:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Dupe. Consensus is you'd shit your britches if you had rockets danger close as well.

Not the issue and yes I would. Who the fuck wants to get blowed up?  Not me.  The issue is why the fuck are Americans there in the first place?  Fuck Hamas.  We should be on the Israeli side watching Hamas go boom.

Oh fuck it.  My 1980s upbringing still tells me that we have enemies but the world I live in tells me we dont, except conservatives and Isreal.  I should have stayed in bed.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:13:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.  CBS even has a permanent office there.  Hamas bends over backwards to make them feel at home.

THIS, Cooper is a fucking twit, wetting his panties on the air was classic tho

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:22:40 AM EDT
[#6]
who's a queer????
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:36:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Uh he actually handled it quite well.  He popped down, looked towards the sound, and then continued to report while eying his flak.

What would you have done different, or is this a different video?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:43:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:53:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Ever since Edward R Murrow sat on top of a building in London during the Blitz, reporters have seen their job as being close enough to get the explosions on the mic/camera or else they're not 'real' reporters. It's much more dramatic when something blows up nearby and you can tell the audience you were nearly killed (even if you weren't.)

The attacks on Gaza will happen in predictable places. People know where the Hamas installations are, at least within a few blocks. They can also tell when the Israelis are coming by simply watching the airport to see when the bombers take off and calling the news crews to say they're on their way.

Run down to the block where Abdul Kiljoosian said the IDF will attack and get some good footage.

Most of the Hamas attacks are pretty wimpy. They don't hit anything and they haven't got powerful arms.

Some retard will say that I'm suggesting the Israelis shouldn't act because of this; please STFU in advance.

It makes better television when the attack actually hits something. You need the Israelis for that. If Hamas could blow things up with any predictable display of death and destruction, they'd shoot video in Tel Aviv, too.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:58:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Uh he actually handled it quite well.  He popped down, looked towards the sound, and then continued to report while eying his flak.

Well for one I wouldnt be in Gaza City.  I would have loosed a chain of profanity.  But again NOT THE POINT.  My question was WHY are there any Americans at all, period, in Gaza reporting from there?  Hamas is not our friend and we should be supplying Israel all they need to blow them up.

I'm sorry I just dont get it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:13:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well for one I wouldnt be in Gaza City.  I would have loosed a chain of profanity.  But again NOT THE POINT.  My question was WHY are there any Americans at all, period, in Gaza reporting from there?  Hamas is not our friend and we should be supplying Israel all they need to blow them up.

Dude they hate Israel and the Israelis for some reason, and support the palis.  

CAPS LOCK.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:43:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude they hate Israel and the Israelis for some reason, and support the palis.  

CAPS LOCK.

I wish there was a way that for 5 minutes I could be stupid enough to understand Liberals.  And Jewish Liberals make no sense to me what so ever, especially when it comes to Israel.

Can you punch me in the head repeatedly?  Maybe if I go into a coma I will wake up a few years from now and life on this world will begin to make sense again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top