Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2012 5:23:55 AM EDT
Outrage’ over fed EBT push for aliens

lawmakers are fuming over an Obama administration policy promoting welfare and EBT benefits for immigrants, with a “welcome” package and promotional website that encourage new arrivals to take advantage of the nation’s generous government largesse

The fight over welfare for recent immigrants is unfolding in Washington, where a group of GOP senators has sent a letter to U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary Thomas Vilsack demanding answers as to why food stamps and other welfare benefits are being promoted to new immigrants. The agency’s Welcome toUSA.gov website includes a comprehensive handbook directing immigrants on how to obtain food stamps, Medicare, disability and other taxpayer-funded aid.

“The federal government now is giving packets to people when they come to the United States ... that promote welfare benefits,” said U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions

And we wonder why entitlement costs are skyrocketing and we are sailing head first off the fiscal cliff.

This is nothing more than the Libs buying vote power on a worldwide scale!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:27:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope, not buying new votes at all, nothing to see here.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:28:42 AM EDT
[#2]
The House holds the purse strings.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:32:39 AM EDT
[#3]
FSA growing faster than US Army.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:34:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Most other countries in the world, you have to prove you add VALUE to the country to gain citizenship. You have to have a job, have an education, have to have money saved up.

Not in America, we will just add you to the ticket.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:36:11 AM EDT
[#5]
There's going to be a rude awakening when everyone figures out that we actually can run out of money
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:37:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They are lining buying up the votes for a [D] house in 2014

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:40:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Boss Tweed all over again.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:45:44 AM EDT
[#8]
The fact that this is even an issue is pathetic.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:46:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
FSA growing faster than US Army.

and do NOT forget it.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:46:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There's going to be a rude awakening when everyone figures out that we actually can run are out of money

fify
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:47:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That would be the puss string...as in Boehner.  That fucker is going to fold like a cheap suit.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:48:43 AM EDT
[#12]
"Outrage".  What utter bullshit.  There was an opportunity for "outrage" two weeks ago and those who oppose such blatant lawlessness blew it.  Now, I won't pay any more attention to the word "outrage" than I do to "racist".  Both are hollow and overused.  When there is blood running in the streets and SS firing on masses of armed, rioting citizens, then I'll believe there is "outrage".
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:51:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm pretty sure I had to swear an affidavit that I wouldn't take any kind of benefits for 5 years as a condition for my immigrant visa
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:52:55 AM EDT
[#14]
This is exactly why those cocksuckers don't want any photo ID requirement to vote.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:53:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Let's do it. This cherry needs bustin.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:19:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure I had to swear an affidavit that I wouldn't take any kind of benefits for 5 years as a condition for my immigrant visa

Yes it is the law,

Title IV of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity
Reconciliation Act of 1996 has made it difficult for legal permanent
residents in the United States to live as wards of the state. The law,
also known as the 1996 Welfare Reform Act, states that “selfsufficiency
has been a basic principle of United States immigration
law.”

So really, Immigrants on welfare could, and should be grounds for deportation.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:26:08 AM EDT
[#17]
It's not bribery it's welfare....
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:26:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Outrage’ over fed EBT push for aliens

lawmakers are fuming over an Obama administration policy promoting welfare and EBT benefits for immigrants, with a “welcome” package and promotional website that encourage new arrivals to take advantage of the nation’s generous government largesse

The fight over welfare for recent immigrants is unfolding in Washington, where a group of GOP senators has sent a letter to U.S. Department of Agriculture Secretary Thomas Vilsack demanding answers as to why food stamps and other welfare benefits are being promoted to new immigrants. The agency’s Welcome toUSA.gov website includes a comprehensive handbook directing immigrants on how to obtain food stamps, Medicare, disability and other taxpayer-funded aid.

“The federal government now is giving packets to people when they come to the United States ... that promote welfare benefits,” said U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions

And we wonder why entitlement costs are skyrocketing and we are sailing head first off the fiscal cliff.

This is nothing more than the Libs buying vote power on a worldwide scale!

Not only promoting it to immigrants, they are also promoting it to druggies and alcoholics.

My 54 year old brother in law who lives in his mom's basement and has a paper route for a job went to the county hospital to see if he could get false teeth because quite a few of his teeth  have fallen out from doing meth and what do they do? Not only do they give him teeth but they sign him up for public assistance and now he gets a EBT card with $200 a month on it which he gives to his mom to buy groceries with.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:31:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top