Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2012 7:12:34 PM EDT
Top ten cancers

Many more people are afflicted by prostate cancer than breast cancer. Yet there isnt a "up the butthole, make a "come here" finger motion" awareness month. This war on men needs to come to an end. I propose a Prostate Awareness month to replace the over-hyped breast cancer awareness month.

The color of the wrist bands and ribbons will be milky white.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Prostrate cancer is a slow growing disease. In fact many adults that make it into their 80s have prostrate cancer, yet few will die from it.

Breast cancer kills off women in their productive years, and ruins nice looking bodier.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:32:35 PM EDT
[#2]
It has to be one or the other?

Seems like a dumb idea.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#3]

I am more interested in boobs than your butthole.

Deal with it.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:34:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Boobs have much more appeal than hairy sphincters.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:35:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Prostrate cancer is a slow growing disease. In fact many adults that make it into their 80s have prostrate cancer, yet few will die from it.

Breast cancer kills off women in their productive years, and ruins nice looking bodier boobies.

FIFY
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:41:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Breast cancer threatens every one of our wives and daughters.

Prostate cancer we can deal with, as it usually hits us when we're older have plenty of advance warning to deal with it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:54:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a sister in law with brain cancer.  She certainly isn't getting press coverage.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't see too much for rhabnosarcoma support either and it's one that mostly seen in children( and some very unlucky adults like me). Think of the kids man.  Sitting on there hospital beds all bald from chemo,trying to keep the milkshake they just drank down.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:06:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Sex sells and women are suckers for giving money to large corporations in hopes that they will do good with it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:08:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Marketing, women buy shit more than men and women buy anything that's pink.  

Just remember even with non-for-profits someone is still getting income.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:08:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Hrmm...  Was curious to see what incidence of osteosarcoma is.  But they do not list it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Prostate cancer is to be taken very seriously.  I have met a couple of guys around 42 years of age that have it and a few others that are  under fifty.  It can happen early.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:35:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Get into Movember and spread awareness!

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#15]
How about focusing on beating cancer of all types instead of one or two types?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#16]
The breast cancer fund raising machine is well oiled.  It's a real, real business.

Sadly, much of the funds they collect don't ever get converted to research, nor treatment.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Never hear of No-Shave-ember, eh?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Never hear of No-Shave-ember, eh?

Movember.  I was gonna ask OP why 75% of my department is currently rocking mustaches, my whole engine crew included.  No beards though due to possible interference with mask seal.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:12:25 PM EDT
[#19]
FYI, men can and do get breast cancer. Some even die from it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:20:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I like boobies.
so does everyone else.
deal with it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#21]
1st post.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

FYI, men can and do get breast cancer. Some even die from it.

Rod Roddy from the Price is Right among them.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Breast cancer threatens every one of our wives and daughters.

Prostate cancer we can deal with, as it usually hits us when we're older have plenty of advance warning to deal with it.

...unless you are like my father-in-law who found out he had an aggressive case of it when he was 49.

I think his one-year checkup is coming soon, hopefully he no longer has it after some radiation and hormone treatment (I think). *fingers crossed*

Had they not found it, he'd probably be dead by now.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:01:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Marketing, women buy shit more than men and women buy anything that's pink.  

Just remember even with non-for-profits someone is still getting income.

Yep.   It's marketing and the whole anti-male attitude created by advertising media.  I'm very sick of white mom and white daughter talking condescendingly to white father while the deep-voiced, superior black male sales professional informs the idiot father on the right thing to buy or do.  I'll spare you by not going off on the NFL and the pink they wear in October.

I have been the sole caretaker of my  father who was diagnosed with an aggressive form of prostate cancer  in late 2006.  Poor treatment regimens and lack of direction by his doctor led to him almost dying in May 2008. He lost over 65 lbs from Jan 08 to May 08. He switched doctors and they did not get the treatment regimen right. Finally they tried treatment when I challenged them to think outside the box. It made an improvement.   Several other treatments were marginal. Then he did best when they put him in a clinical trial and gave him the placebo for 18 months !  Now he takes  Zytiga and the cancer is not much a concern but it has messed his mind up pretty well.  

I started 24 hr a day care of him in April 2008 . Still doing it - just gave him a sponge bath. He is not able to drive or prepare his meals so I cook or buy 2-3 meals a day.  But life is good with a 52" HD TV and directv ––when he can figure out how to use the remote.

I really get irritated when the boobie cancer babes try to shame me in public places into giving to breast cancer research. I have put several in their place over the years. I made one well-intentioned teenage girl cry when she pissed me off.  Told her I'll give her $10 if she pays for my fathers depends for a month. I was then told," but isn't the government supposed to pay for all of that ? "
Sigh... a lost generation or two.

I see the breast cancer women at M D Anderson in Houston twice a month. My heart goes out to them but all the politically correct media attention to breast cancer to the seemingly exclusion of other cancers, pisses me off.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Save the Ta Tas sounds better than save the asshole

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#27]
As already said, men do get breast cancer, they don't get the recognition or funding for it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:17:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Yeah, breast cancer, its all bias and hype...

'Til it attacks someone you know and love...

She is just as cute and mean as ever after some very aggressive treatment.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#29]
I have to be honest, I'm getting really sick of the nonsensical zero-sum arguments around here. All cancers suck, fuck cancer. 'The war on men'? Give me a fucking break.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:30:26 PM EDT
[#30]
I was rocking this shirt earlier-

Some holier than thou bitch was giving me the stink eye, until she realized it was a breast cancer charity.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:34:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Prostate cancer is to be taken very seriously.  I have met a couple of guys around 42 years of age that have it and a few others that are  under fifty.  It can happen early.

If you have a familty history of prostate cancer –– get checked starting in your early 40's.  If your Doctor won't test you or tries to talk you out of testing tell him/her to fuck off and get a real Doctor.  Prostate cancer is very treatable if caught early.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:59:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
How about focusing on beating cancer of all types instead of one or two types?

Touche!

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you have a familty history of prostate cancer –– get checked starting in your early 40's.  If your Doctor won't test you or tries to talk you out of testing tell him/her to fuck off and get a real Doctor.  Prostate cancer is very treatable if caught early.

You are correct.  The reason I know this is because I have it right now.  I spent nearly the whole summer at MD Anderson getting radiation treatments.  It was expensive and not fun.

I don't know if I am cured or not and won't know for several more months.  I just want to emphasize to all you young bucks that it can hit you early.  Get tested every year.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:08:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Breast cancer kills off women in their productive years, and ruins nice looking bodier.

This.  

There are many men that end up with prostate cancer that do not have to have it operated on and simply live out their lives with it.  Breast cancer, different story
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:14:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct.  The reason I know this is because I have it right now.  I spent nearly the whole summer at MD Anderson getting radiation treatments.  It was expensive and not fun.

I don't know if I am cured or not and won't know for several more months.  I just want to emphasize to all you young bucks that it can hit you early.  Get tested every year.

Sorry to hear that.  Mine was disgnosed when I was 45.  I had my prostate removed.  No radiation or cemo.  All is well now.  Best of luck to you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top