Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/19/2012 6:03:06 PM EDT
That's what I think.

Israel wants Iran to do something stupid defending Hamas so they can draw them into a full all-out asskicking without being overtly the aggressors.

I also think there's a tacit agreement that the US will give Israel cover to bodyslam Iran if/when Iran gets openly involved in defending Hamas in Gaza.

Just me sayin.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Iran's had a good ass kicking coming for over 30 years.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:07:13 PM EDT
[#2]
God I hope so. I would love to see Israel open up a can of whoop ass on Palestine and Iran. We would get involved and people will die but fuck the Middle East needs a hard ass kicking,
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yes it has.

And nobody kicks ass in the Mideast like Israel. Well, maybe US too.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:08:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't doubt for a minute that the Israelis would goad the Iranians into doing something stupid. And the Iranians falling for it.
Would be nice if US  commanders in Iraq would give Israel flyover. But O giving okay? Kind of don't know about that.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#5]
"O" is short for Over-ruled.
 Jug-ears  aint the boss, he just wears the suit.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:10:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
God I hope so. I would love to see Israel open up a can of whoop ass on Palestine and Iran. We would get involved and people will die but fuck the Middle East needs a hard ass kicking,

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I think Iran already has a nuke. They cant nuke the izzies preemptively without getting turned into molten glass. But since the retarded half of the world supports hamas, if the izzies attack gaza, iran can go full retard with half the world's support.

Thats the reason behind hamas attacking right f n, and why iran has been playing "yes we do/ no we dont" extra hard the last couple months.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:17:04 PM EDT
[#8]
How far is it from Jerusalem to Tehran, directly over Iraq?  1500 miles?  3,000 miles round trip over a country that won't give them access to fly over and take that direct route.

So either they violate Iraqi airspace (and maybe get shot down) or they try to get permission to fly over turkey or saudi arabia.  

Does Israel even HAVE any resources capable of hitting Iran with, short of ballistic missiles?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:18:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That's what I think.

Israel wants Iran to do something stupid defending Hamas so they can draw them into a full all-out asskicking without being overtly the aggressors.

I also think there's a tacit agreement that the US will give Israel cover to bodyslam Iran if/when Iran gets openly involved in defending Hamas in Gaza.

Just me sayin.

Iran has been doing something stupid. Who do you think has been funding Hezbollah and Hamas? I'm even hearing that a bunch of the rockets being fired into Israel come from Iran.

Iran has been waging a proxy war on Israel for years.

Dem Joos gonna get a belly full real soon.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I think.

Just me sayin.

Iran has been doing something stupid. Who do you think has been funding Hezbollah and Hamas? I'm even hearing that a bunch of the rockets being fired into Israel come from Iran.

OPENLY.

As in Iran will get involved directly.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:22:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Not sure if serious.

I can't stand the Islamo-tards as much as anyone, but I REALLY would not like to see our country dragged into what might very well turn into WWIII.

CVN
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Think about it, though.

Do you think the Israelis really give two shits about world opinion?  I don't think they do.  Maybe I'm wrong, but the only thing I believe they care about is the "end-state" of their national security and ultimately, their survival.

I think K.T. McFarland had it right the other day when she said this was possibly a pre-emptive move against Hamas in the event Israel decides to go it alone against Iran here shortly.  Israel is quite possibly taking care of business before the big show.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I honestly don't believe that the Israelis would want to fight a ground war with Iran even if they could.

Israelis aren't like Americans - it would be very hard, after over 60 years of fighting battle on their own turf, to convince them to fly over a thousand miles and fight a war in another country. That's not a jab at Americans or Israelis, it's just a different mindset. Most guys I served with were all about the service...and then all about going home every month. They don't do "deployments" the way the US .mil does deployments.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:25:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I think Israel is actually going to put troops on the ground and take Gaza, then turn their full attention to Iran. This way they can concentrate the Iron Dome toward Iran and not worry about Hamas running rocket-interference when they move into Ahmadinejad country. That's what I'd do in that situation.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I really think the whole Gaza situation was initiated by Iran to divert Israel's attention away from Iran's nuke program while they put the finishing touches on their first bomb.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Every since Beirut.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotta agree with the on that one.  The irrational bloodlust here is incredible sometimes.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Is it rude to start pointing out members who haven't served but are requesting U.S. military intervention?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:25:48 PM EDT
[#19]
[conduct code removed - warning and time out issued - Paul]
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#20]
i hope they solve the fucking problem once and for all.

they do have nuclear subs....
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm all for it. Nothing kick starts an economy like a little war time industrial revolution.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#22]
I actually think it's the other way around. I think Iran and Hamas are baiting Israel in to doing something stupid. Wouldn't be the first time Israel's aggressiveness was taken advantage of.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Dunno if they're trying to goad Iran into war or just reestablishing some local street cred.

I figured something like this would follow an Obama victory.  Either the arabs are emboldened, the Israelis need to take a hard line with another four years on their own ahead, or both.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what I think.

Just me sayin.

OPENLY.

As in Iran will get involved directly.

Iran wants to stay behind the scenes.  The long range rockets hitting Tel Aviv and Jerusalem have been announced to be Iranian

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
i hope they solve the fucking problem once and for all.

they do have nuclear subs....

Put the Risk game away and come back to reality.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Iran will NOT defend Hamas. They have shifted alliances with Islamic Jihad. Hamas chose to align itself with the new muslim brotherhood now in power in Egypt. On the contrary, Iran will come out the winner in all of this. They supplied a ton of rockets, transported through the Sudan to Egypt then into the tunnels into Gaza. All the while tracked by the Israelis, even all the way to the "warehouses" (read schools, hospitals, mosques, and apartment buildings) and launching sites (same as the warehouses). That's why Israel has been so good at hitting them. Anyway, Hamas will come out certainly worse for the wear, and so will Israel in the view of most of the rest of the world (not that Israel cares). IF there is a ground invasion, Israel will look even worse to most of the rest of the world. Additionally, Israel has spent enormous amounts of manpower and cash in the process.

Egypt cannot win in this scenario, they cannot support Hamas militarily, only with words. By militarily supporting Hamas, they would bring a shit storm on to themselves, probaably losing Sinai in the process. Left with only harsh words, they lose face with Hamas, Palestinians, and the rest of the Arab world. Israel cannot win, even with a full on ground invasion, they will only win temporary security. They cannot eliminate Hamas or the feelings that fuel it. Hamas cannot win, their supply of rockets is mostly exhausted or hidden for fear of being destroyed. Additionally, many of their top commanders have been targeted and assassinated.

Iran is the only winner in this situation. All for the low low price of some Fadjr rockets.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Iran could nuke Jerusalem and any action taken by Israel would still be overtly agressive.

Fuck the UN.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I think Israel is actually going to put troops on the ground and take Gaza, then turn their full attention to Iran. This way they can concentrate the Iron Dome toward Iran and not worry about Hamas running rocket-interference when they move into Ahmadinejad country. That's what I'd do in that situation.

Iron Dome is not for long range rockets. Israel is readying another system for that called Magic Wand, however it won't be ready til 2015.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:31:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Hip Hip Hurray for warmongering
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Iran could nuke Jerusalem and any action taken by Israel would still be overtly agressive.

Fuck the UN.

If that happened, Israel would not be taking any action. It would cease to exist and probably Lebanon and Jordan with radiation.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every since Beirut.

Even before that.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might you see another way out for the Israelis ?

They seem to be in a pickle that's going to get out of hand once Iran can produce a viable Nuclear Weapon.

?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They seem to be in a pickle that's going to get out of hand once Iran can produce a viable Nuclear Weapon.

?

I think the part he took issue with was the US getting involved.

eta: At least, that's the only part I care about.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

?

How do you figure?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
That's what I think.

Just me sayin.

Iran gives a fuck about Hamas. The only reason they support them is because they are a thorn in Israel's side. Iran isn't going to start a war with Israel, especially over Hamas. Hell, Hezbollah is Iran's right hand in terms of proxies, and Iran did nothing to attack Israel openly in the 2006 war in Lebanon. Iran wants their nukes first before challenging the status quo; that way they can deter action by the US or Israel that might come in response to increased Iranian aggressiveness.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

?

Why anyone would want us to get involved in another decade long war that will only drain our blood and our money is beyond me.

I don't give a damn about the Israelis. That's moot as they seem to have everything under control. The same thing will happen this time around that has happened for the past couple decades. This will be a footnote in a few years.

Nuclear armed Iran you say? MAD is what I say.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm all for it. Nothing kick starts an economy like a little war time industrial revolution.

Yep...WWII got us out of the Great Depression and a big war would probably be the only thing that could save our economy right now short of Obama doing a complete about-face and embracing Free Market Capitalism, cutting tax rates across the board, cutting entitlement spending and quit borrowing money we don't have from China.

Which do you think is his more likely path?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
That's what I think.

Just me sayin.

They aren't going to do shit. We know it. They know it. And Iran knows it. That's why the centrifuges continue to spin and why Israel keeps putting out press releases about shit that never happens.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

?

Why anyone would want us to get involved in another decade long war that will only drain our blood and our money is beyond me.

I don't give a damn about the Israelis. That's moot as they seem to have everything under control. The same thing will happen this time around that has happened for the past couple decades. This will be a footnote in a few years.

This.

And does anyone really see Iran nuking tho third most holy site in Islam? We could be so fortunate. The entire Muslim world would go apeshit at what the Persians did.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

?

How do you figure?

Occam's Razor.

The whole world knows it's coming, that includes you.

I know you by your avatar and posts, so I'm not surprised to see you in this thread.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:48:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Because sky rocketing oil prices is exactly what the world economy needs right now. Lol!!! GD logic at it's finest.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

?

Did I say we should shed blood and treasure ?

Edited to add. If you think Iran believes in MAD you are naive, I'm sorry to say.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:53:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Wow,  I almost had a visceral response that would have gotten me banned.

Then I saw the tank.

As an Infantryman, I am ready to go if you are. Already did Iraq, why the fuck not?*

*Assuming we can afford it, or sell off/take all their oil for our own gain.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure if serious.  

I can't stand the Islamo-tards as much as anyone, but I REALLY would not like to see our country dragged into what might very well turn into WWIII.

CVN

I'm not seeing a World War with out the United States involved.  Who the hell else would fight in it for one thing?  Are we willing to let the bad guys win for another?  Hardly.  We have a way of making our marks on these events of human history.  

We will be involved?  Absolutely no doubt about it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

?

You didn't. aimforthemedic did. Following aimforthemedic's premise, warmongering by either us or the Israelis would cause us to get involved. So if we follow that premise, then you indicating Israel's need to get into a fight would indicate we would be involved.

Edited to add. If you think Iran believes in MAD you are naive, I'm sorry to say.

Maybe. I think most of the noise that is coming from Iran is coming from that loony president that they have. Countries are more sane when facing actions that would lead to their destruction.

And even if they are insane, the "problem" of Iran will be gone shortly after they drop the bomb. Meh.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#46]
I fail to see how Hamas and Iran supporting it is bad for Iran at the moment. It forces the Israelis to devote resources to dealing with that battle and draws attention and resources away from dealing with Iran directly.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure if serious.  

CVN

I'm not seeing a World War with out the United States involved.  Who the hell else would fight in it for one thing?  Are we willing to let the bad guys win for another?  Hardly.  We have a way of making our marks on these events of human history.  

We will be involved?  Absolutely no doubt about it.

Sure we do. We sit back, let someone else bleed the enemy white, then kick their ass and take the best part of the peace.

Works pretty damned well, actually.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
That's what I think.

Just me sayin.

I fear WW3 will start if the Izzy's start a shooting war with Iran.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

?

You didn't. aimforthemedic did. Following aimforthemedic's premise, warmongering by either us or the Israelis would cause us to get involved. So if we follow that premise, then you indicating Israel's need to get into a fight would indicate we would be involved.

With all respect, you took my post out of context, as I was only speaking for myself, not to mention trying to follow your trail of premise.

edit. Anyway, do you see another option for Israel, as I asked above ?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:03:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

?

With all respect, you took my post out of context, as I was only speaking for myself, not to mention trying to follow your trail of premise.

I addressed the rest of your post in the next two lines. My apologies if there was any confusion.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top