Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:06:31 PM EDT
[#1]
is this mexico?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#2]
That does look like fun.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to have two lab-beagle mix dogs that I would take through the field by the house and hunt mice, shrews, and whatever else they could find.

They got really good at it!  

Fun times indeed.

Unfortunately I just lost the last one the first of this month.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Those pups are having a blast!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Reminds me of my toy fox terrier we had as a kid, she loved fall/winter time when it came to getting wood off the wood pile.   She was a viscous bitch that would kill anything.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:31:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Growing up, my brother and I had to split and stack firewood daily. Our trusty black lab, TJ, would pounce on every field mouse we uncovered, and just chomp it about 4 times, drop it, and wait for the next one.
Great video, thanks for posting it, op.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:55:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Good times! You know that's a blast. Watching dogs hunt is every bit as fun as hunting myself.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Crazy how a dog can be just blah until he finds the environment he was bred for and his DNA activates. I had a Yorkshire that was a shaggy indoor wuss dog until he saw something smaller than him. Lizards, scorpions, birds, everything was on his shit list. Worthless to massacre in seconds. Same with the lab I had growing up, lazy around the house but I swear she could smell the lake before she could see it and was always the first one in.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Crazy how a dog can be just blah until he finds the environment he was bred for and his DNA activates. I had a Yorkshire that was a shaggy indoor wuss dog until he saw something smaller than him. Lizards, scorpions, birds, everything was on his shit list. Worthless to massacre in seconds. Same with the lab I had growing up, lazy around the house but I swear she could smell the lake before she could see it and was always the first one in.

what activates a pit-bull's DNA to go bat-shit insane?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Breathing.

ETA:  To be fair, I've never seen one go insane, just decide to bite something and never let go.  I think it's a game to them, even while you are poking an eight inch knife into their sides.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:31:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Knew a dude who raised Jack Russells solely for that sport, which is bigger than you might imagine.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:32:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The gentle smell of a wee lad or lass.  Toddlers are especially odiferous.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#14]
It is fun to watch the dogs work but I have to wonder how long it's been since those sheds had all that mud & manure mucked out of 'em.

That was a lot of cow shit.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Breathing.

ETA:  To be fair, I've never seen one go insane, just decide to bite something and never let go.  I think it's a game to them, even while you are poking an eight inch knife into their sides.

I play that game with 16 +P hollowpoints.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#16]
They're probably have less rats if they cleaned out the manure and debris the rodents are living in. I'm doing just that on a property I just bought. The mice and rats are not happy.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I have two rat terriers. Thats exactly what they look like then they find some rats or small vermin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top