In an interview with Newsmax.com,
the Rev. Graham, a prominent evangelist and son of top-dog evangelist
Billy Graham, maintained that Obama's victory will put the country
further along a "path of destruction." And he suggested it would take a
"complete economic collapse" to place the United States on a better
course and return it to godliness.

Maybe  God will have to bring our nation down to our knees—to where you
just  have a complete economic collapse. And maybe at that point, maybe
people  will again begin to call upon the name of almighty God.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/11/franklin-graham-god-economic-collapse-obama

Yeah, um, no. - TS

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#1]
God will have nothing to do with this.  It will be all of B Fucking HO's fault.

Bilster
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, um, yes.

I agree with FG 10000000% percent.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:35:52 PM EDT
[#3]
In for the lulz.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#4]
They love to publish the nutjobs on the right and ignore those on the left...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I guess the entire cast of "Our Founding Fathers" were nutjobs too...

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:42:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Fuck Franklin!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:44:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Fuck Franklin!

You think Obama's are not going to bring the country to it's knees economically?

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did any of them say God almighty played an active role in the US economy?  If so, they were nuttier than squirrel shit.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

God will have nothing to do with this.  It will be all of B Fucking HO's fault.

Bilster

FPNI

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#10]
The God Christians believe in is the author of all existence, including things such as physical law, laws of economics, and laws of sociology. Turning from God’s ways causes problems for an individual or for a society because it causes them to run afoul of the laws that govern the universe.

God doesn’t have take an active hand to make this happen. His word is like a signpost that says there is a cliff ahead. Some people ignore it on the basis that the sign was only written by some old man that wanted to keep people from having a good time. When these people end up dead at the bottom of the cliff it wasn’t God, or Sir Isaac Newton that pushed them.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#11]
God gets blamed for everything. He makes the rules of economics, the real ones, that economists try to uncover, and they say that what we are doing will lead to collapse.

So is it God? Or us?

God sent angels to warn Sodom it would be destroyed, but only Lot listened. So did God destroy Sodom, or was it the people thereof who willingly stayed to be destroyed?

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#12]
He is right!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Fuck Franklin!

Old guy I am calling you out on this. You have an avatar that represents the living God and you curse a person that stands up for you and your people. What FG said could very well be true. Your people went into captivity more then one time in history. You should read your own scriptures.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Fuck Franklin!

You think Obama's are not going to bring the country to it's knees economically?

He just despises such christians.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not nutjobs.   But some of the modern Christian leaders do not seem to grasp the New Testament Gospel of Grace.   Jesus did not come to judge us especially as a nation but to save us.   If anything bad happens to this country He has left it in our hands to handle as we please.  The scriptures are very clear on this whether FG understand this or not.

Most of us know what John 3:16 says.   "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."  Unfortunately many forget what the very next verse says
John 3:17   For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

The Cross was for the worst of us.  If we had all been good there wouldn't have been a need for it.  That is what Grace is about.  Jesus never condemned anyone.  Even those caught in the act.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:02:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The God Christians believe in is the author of all existence, including things such as physical law, laws of economics, and laws of sociology. Turning from God’s ways causes problems for an individual or for a society because it causes them to run afoul of the laws that govern the universe.

God doesn’t have take an active hand to make this happen. His word is like a signpost that says there is a cliff ahead. Some people ignore it on the basis that the sign was only written by some old man that wanted to keep people from having a good time. When these people end up dead at the bottom of the cliff it wasn’t God, or Sir Isaac Newton that pushed them.

This––The Almighty and natural law have predestined that if you make crappy choices and play enough stupid games; you will be justly rewarded by the consequences of your own actions.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:08:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Franklin!

Old guy I am calling you out on this. You have an avatar that represents the living God and you curse a person that stands up for you and your people. What FG said could very well be true. Your people went into captivity more then one time in history. You should read your own scriptures.

I agree.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:10:16 PM EDT
[#18]
God could very well allow this country to collapse economically.

We do not deserve his blessing anymore. We have turned from Him as a nation
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#19]
" Maybe God will have to bring our nation down to our knees"

My mother goes to a prophetic church, one of the prophecies they were given was that God would bring America to her knees. While that was years ago, hearing Graham say almost the same thing now is unsettling to me.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:13:59 PM EDT
[#20]
I agree with him.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Of course, some people believe that B Fucking HO is god, so it could be god's fault.

Bilster
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:17:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yeah, um, yes.

I agree with FG 10000000% percent.

How about we blame Obama, and God will sort us out?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Part of ARFCOM hates God and they also hate any messenger from whence his words and common sense come forth.

Bless yall's little anti believing hearts.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:20:54 PM EDT
[#24]
So that explains it. Tim Geithner and Paul Krugman are agents of God. Thanks for clearing that up, reverend.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:21:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Franklin!

How does his avatar represent God ? I dont see it.- serious question

OG is Jewish, he is not going to like any Christian pastor.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:21:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Hyperinflation placed squarely at the feet of BHO and the democraps is the only thing that might defeat the FSA.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#27]
God certainly lifted his hand off the US on Nov 6th, Atlas Shrugged, and now we all must suffer.  

I for one am looking forward to it.  I can tell you this too...I'm going to shove it in the face of every Obonga voter at every opportunity I get.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:23:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not nutjobs.   But some of the modern Christian leaders do not seem to grasp the New Testament Gospel of Grace.   Jesus did not come to judge us especially as a nation but to save us.   If anything bad happens to this country He has left it in our hands to handle as we please.  The scriptures are very clear on this whether FG understand this or not.

Most of us know what John 3:16 says.   "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."  Unfortunately many forget what the very next verse says
John 3:17   For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

The Cross was for the worst of us.  If we had all been good there wouldn't have been a need for it.  That is what Grace is about.  Jesus never condemned anyone.  Even those caught in the act.

The Cross is for all of mankind.  We all fall short of the Glory of God, as ALL people are sinners (Adam cemented that in stone).  There was only one prefect person, and He saved all of us on that Cross.

FG may very well be right, and I suspect he is right in that it would take great calamity for an entire nation to return to God.  Especially a coddled, narcissistic nation like ours.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:24:00 PM EDT
[#29]
I thought Troubledshooter was slacking in his atheist duties for a bit there.  Looks like he's back
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Part of ARFCOM hates God and they also hate any messenger from whence his words and common sense come forth.

Bless yall's little anti believing hearts.

I know what you mean but the way I see it is many who "claim" to be bringing His word forth...are NOT.  The Gospel means " Good News".   So what is so good hearing that our economy is gonna collapse?  Or we're all gonna burn in hell?  Or that God is gonna bring judgment on our nation?   That is not the Gospel that Paul taught in his letters to the church's.   If the Church would quit condemning everyone, especially sinners, it would get a much wider response.  Love will win more people over than fear of condemnation.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:26:29 PM EDT
[#31]
I agree.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
In an interview with Newsmax.com, the Rev. Graham, a prominent evangelist and son of top-dog evangelist Billy Graham, maintained that Obama's victory will put the country further along a "path of destruction." And he suggested it would take a "complete economic collapse" to place the United States on a better course and return it to godliness.

Maybe  God will have to bring our nation down to our knees—to where you just  have a complete economic collapse. And maybe at that point, maybe people  will again begin to call upon the name of almighty God.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/11/franklin-graham-god-economic-collapse-obama

Yeah, um, no. - TS

I agree with the quote.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#35]
He may be right.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:32:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:33:04 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I thought Troubledshooter was slacking in his atheist duties for a bit there.  Looks like he's back

Yeah, I've been hooked on Minecraft...

Glad to know I've been missed.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
He may be right.

I may be crazy, but it just might be a lunatic... nevermind  

I told you penguin jokes until you smiiiiled
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Great.  Now Obama has an excuse.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:37:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So that explains it. Tim Geithner and Paul Krugman are agents of God. Thanks for clearing that up, reverend.  

Think this through.  Tim, Paul and Obama are certainly not agents of God.  

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
He may be right.

Common sense can be found in the most prophetic of messengers...............or the least palatable.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:38:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Fuck Franklin!

Have you ever meet the man? He is actually a pretty good guy and his wife was a school teacher at one time I can dam well think of a lot worse people
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:40:40 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't know if God will intervene, but I do believe that there are consequences for not living a Godly life.   Our economic problems are just a symptom of a much larger problem.  Unfortunately, I believe he's right in that suffering may be in our future.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#45]
When this nation goes under, it won't be because of God.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think this through.  Tim, Paul and Obama are certainly not agents of God.  

According to many Christians... yes they are.  Agents of his will and appointed by him to their current positions.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
He may be right.

It's too late to fight.. don't try to save it....

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#48]
God and Franklin do not need to be defended to those who will not listen. God's laws are not up for debate. Have you tried arguing the truth of gravity with a bowling ball over your head?
God is long suffering but we've pushed it too far.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Franklin!

Have you ever meet the man? He is actually a pretty good guy and his wife was a school teacher at one time I can dam well think of a lot worse people

Come on you aren't new here.  You aren't going to talk 0ldguy in to being sensible in regard to a Christian
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#50]
God doesn't have to lift his pinky.

We're totally capable of tanking the country on our own.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top