Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2012 11:43:24 AM EDT
Everyone has their own opinion or strategy, which they are absolutely certain is 100% right and are convinced that anyone else who doesn't agree with them 100% is a moron. Meanwhile, no one accomplishes anything and the elected officials maintain course and heading while only ever adjusting the speed.

You guys run your parties and elections however you want, and I'll keep on keepin' on. If your government wants turn me in an outlaw over my guns then I'll learn to roll with the punches. I'm done being a believer and I'm done trying to evangelize.

Now, what time is American Idol on at?

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Fucking quitter.

GTFO of TX.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:46:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Fucking quitter.

GTFO of TX.

Make me.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#3]
The night Romney lost I sat listening on a battery powered radio alone in the dark ( I was without power for 12 days due to Hurricane Sandy )

To say I was depressed would be an understatement

The next day I told my wife that I was done with political shows, no more Fox or Talk Radio

Well I lasted about a day, I just had to tune in to Rush to see what he had to say

I've also read some commentary on the internet but I haven't tuned in to any shows or news on the TV at all

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Fucking quitter.

GTFO of TX.

Make me.  

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, to be honest Steve, you were never very good at it.  

I can certainly understand your sentiments though.

TXL
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:10:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The night Romney lost I sat listening on a battery powered radio alone in the dark ( I was without power for 12 days due to Hurricane Sandy )

To say I was depressed would be an understatement

The next day I told my wife that I was done with political shows, no more Fox or Talk Radio

Well I lasted about a day, I just had to tune in to Rush to see what he had to say

I've also read some commentary on the internet but I haven't tuned in to any shows or news on the TV at all

I deleted Fox News and the Drudge report from my phone and stoped DVRing OReily.  I've since re-installed Drudge   Once you go political, you can't go back.  I like knowing what's going on even if I can't do shit about it.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

TXL

MoTownSteve didn't expect that one.

BTW, I became apolitical after I figured out that it's one party with two faces.  Both are taking us down the road to facism and WW III.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Everyone has their own opinion or strategy, which they are absolutely certain is 100% right and are convinced that anyone else who doesn't agree with them 100% is a moron. Meanwhile, no one accomplishes anything and the elected officials maintain course and heading while only ever adjusting the speed.

You guys run your parties and elections however you want, and I'll keep on keepin' on. If your government wants turn me in an outlaw over my guns then I'll learn to roll with the punches. I'm done being a believer and I'm done trying to evangelize.

Having listened to a few things you were evangelizing in the past, that's probably a good thing.

Tried to find a nicer way to say it but couldn't think of one.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

TXL

MoTownSteve didn't expect that one.

BTW, I became apolitical after I figured out that it's one party with two faces.  Both are taking us down the road to facism and WW III.

it will be here before we know it....

we will get involved just like WW2, when someone bombs our soil, even our commander in queef will have to jump in
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Its better that you don't vote.
Your mindset is not needed.
They hiring in Detroit?
They'd love to have you back....
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#11]
It appears there's a quitter amongst us.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:25:09 PM EDT
[#12]
That is what "They" want, quitters that will let them do whatever they want.

Pollitics is a messy business, stinks to high heaven.  

Quitting and burying your head in the sand will not solve anything, but hey, your choice enjoy the view.

Free men vote, slaves do not.  Enjoy your trip to the other side Slave.

Now shut the hell up and do as you're told.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

TXL

+1

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:29:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hiding your head in the sand solves nothing.  That is cowardice.  On top of that you are incorrect that, ''Everyone has their own opinion or strategy, which they are absolutely certain is 100% right and are convinced that anyone else who doesn't agree with them 100% is a moron."
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Since when the is the quality of government measured by how much it does?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#16]
"Major Strasser: What is your nationality?
Rick: I'm a drunkard.
Captain Renault: That makes Rick a citizen of the world."

I am with Rick.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:51:11 PM EDT
[#17]
I stopped giving a sincere fuck several years ago, and I've noticed improvements.  

I'll occasionally come in to the fray (half assed at best) here when my fellow libertarians are taking fire, but even that gets me riled and I just let it go.  

I still read the news, the key difference is that I don't normally look at commentary and if I do I just blow it off as someone's bullshit.  

I listen to bits and pieces of talk radio every once in a while, but I'd drive off a cliff if that was all I listened to.

The shit just isn't worth a stroke.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Its better that you don't vote.

Your mindset is not needed.

They hiring in Detroit?

They'd love to have you back....

I ain't goin' no where of my own volition. Someone wants to move me, they're gonna have to carry my body away.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

That is what "They" want, quitters that will let them do whatever they want.

Pollitics is a messy business, stinks to high heaven.  

Quitting and burying your head in the sand will not solve anything, but hey, your choice enjoy the view.

Free men vote, slaves do not.  Enjoy your trip to the other side Slave.

Now shut the hell up and do as you're told.

I never said I wasn't going to vote.

But do you really think that voting, or anything else that you or I do is going to stop them from doing whatever they want?

And who says we agree on what is and isn't important?

But I' all done getting worked up about what Obama, or Boner or Pelosi or Romney does or doesn't do.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I have tuned out politics since the election. I unsubscribed from the zillion email newsletters I was receiving. I stopped listening to talk radio. I don't watch television news and haven't for a while.

I'm with you bro!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#21]
what about the tigers?  you swearing them off as well?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top