Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2012 10:37:04 AM EDT
Anyone have an carfax account?   Looking to buy a junkyard motor and want to make sure it's not a flood vehicle.

-K9

(Mods, didn't see anything in the CoC that would prohibit this post... mea culpa if I'm out of line.)
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I will run you an autocheck if you will drop ship me a PMAG.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 2:03:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I will run you an autocheck if you will drop ship me a PMAG.

I appreciate the offer, but I've got an autocheck report.  It's pretty thin on details.  

Hoping a carfax will give me more of the story.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#3]
IM me the VIN#

If I can get into my Carfax account from home I will run it tonight, if not it will be tomorrow.

I am an auto dealer.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 2:07:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I can help by letting you know that it is basically not worth the paper it is written on.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
IM me the VIN#

If I can get into my Carfax account from home I will run it tonight, if not it will be tomorrow.

I am an auto dealer.

Thank you, Sir.   IM sent.

My son toasted his motor being a dumbass.  Got a line on an (allegedly) low-mileage replacement from a wrecked car.  Most salvage yards are reputable... got the VIN from the donor car and want to be sure.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:44:26 AM EDT
[#7]
bigscrun, thank you for your help.  

I ordered that engine.  Now to get the boy to install it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top