Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/18/2012 5:37:37 PM EDT

Take a closer look...

This memo was listing out various shipping products, but the manager wrote a big note telling the employees to talk the customer out of them so that they don't "give away money"

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no idea what they mean by that....
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#2]
What products is Doc referring to?   I am curious even though I send almost every single item out via UPS as I dislike the USPS local branch with a burning passion.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#3]
tb:dr

Too blurry didnt read
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I can't make out anything. OP fails.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Talk customs out if the moment.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What products is Doc referring to?   I am curious even though I send almost every single item out via UPS as I dislike the USPS local branch with a burning passion.

I can't remember exactly and my phone resolution wasn't good enough to capture it, but I remember reading different shipping plans such as flat rate boxes.

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#7]
"DONT GIVE MONEY AWAY! TALK CUSTOMERS OUT OF THESE PRODUCTS?"

Maybe?
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"DONT GIVE MONEY AWAY! TALK CUSTOMERS OUT OF THESE PRODUCTS?"

Maybe?

Winnah Winnah Chicken Dinnah!

I thought it was obvious but I guess not.

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#9]
which products mr . blurry photo ?
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#10]
So a business is trying to get employees to sell higher profit products.........THE NERVE!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I assume you're working on loading up the photo of context?
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:54:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Sales 101.....textbook stuff really.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:58:26 PM EDT
[#14]
probably the free boxes for priority shipping.

ON another website I used to go on people would order 1000's of those and make huge box forts or trolling their neighbor by ordering 10,000 boxes and having them delivered to their house
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Probably relates to all the free priority mail boxes and mailers they give away.  Only a percentage of them actually get used for their intended purpose,

so the rest are an operating expense that's not recouped.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:02:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I think we should pay more taxes so the post office can give money away.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Probably relates to all the free priority mail boxes and mailers they give away.  Only a percentage of them actually get used for their intended purpose,

CJ

I've actually bought stuff from EBay that the seller used those priority envilopes as padding inside a box.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:10:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Is the USPS the 'walkng wounded' of the FSA?
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:12:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I learned that my tax money can pay for a camera the can take pictures of a cars plate from outer space. I'm sad for the 99%ers who can't take a picture in focus from four feet
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So a business is trying to get employees to sell higher profit products.........THE NERVE!!!!!

Yeah! Considering USPS just posted a 16 billion dollar loss this year thanks to congress requiring it to prefund it's retirement acount with 14 billion.

Remember, all those rooting for it to go out of business, it employes about 700,000 people directly, and a shit ton of contractors.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CJ

I've actually bought stuff from EBay that the seller used those priority envilopes as padding inside a box.

Its packaging material that must be used for priority or express shipping. Doesnt say that it cant be stuffed inside that priority box
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah! Considering USPS just posted a 16 billion dollar loss this year thanks to congress requiring it to prefund it's retirement acount with 14 billion.

Remember, all those rooting for it to go out of business, it employes about 700,000 people directly, and a shit ton of contractors.

If it starts to tank I think we should bail it out.

It is too big to fail.

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

......who gives a fuck? USPS has long outlived it's usefulness. Why should we force yet another failing business to stick around at taxpayer expense?

Capitalism. How does it work?
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#24]
i'm not saying bail them out, but that's another million people suddenly without a job sure wont help the economy until they get crap running again.

I dont root for the downfall, but i dont want a nickle of my tax dollar helping it either.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

......who gives a fuck? USPS has long outlived it's usefulness. Why should we force yet another failing business to stick around at taxpayer expense?

They wouldnt be failing if they didnt have to prepay benefits and werent getting raped by the union.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will soon go the way of the Twinkie
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:36:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They WILL be bailed out.

USPS not twinkies.

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:37:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They wouldnt be failing if they didnt have to prepay benefits and werent getting raped by the union.

I disagree. They've been failing for some time. People use the mail less and less. Everything is online. I rarely use USPS to ship packages anymore. They're not competetive. The 95% of the shit in my mailbox is exactly that, shit. Junk mail. I agree that having to prepay benefits isn't going to help, but it's far from a single point of failure in my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They WILL be bailed out.

USPS not twinkies.

Concur, I don't see the gov letting them fail.
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They WILL be bailed out.

USPS not twinkies.

Nope, our betters of both letters will jump on this to "save jobs"  so they can get votes.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:23:33 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CJ

Cheaper freer than bubble wrap.

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's losing money because congress is retarded. WAY too much money is going into future benifits. The percentage was increased dramatically not to long ago. Preparing for the best usually bites you in the ass.

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I disagree. They've been failing for some time. People use the mail less and less. Everything is online. I rarely use USPS to ship packages anymore. They're not competetive. The 95% of the shit in my mailbox is exactly that, shit. Junk mail. I agree that having to prepay benefits isn't going to help, but it's far from a single point of failure in my opinion.
They don't have to be competitive. They're not really a business, they're a government agency. They are not really there to make money, they are there to provide a service. All they really need to do is not lose money. But the Government fucked itself and in turn fucks everyone.

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mail a 50# 8x8x8 box and see who is competetive....
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:43:26 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They are a reloaders wet dream.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:19:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

They are losing money on packages like that. If it happens at a high enough volume, it'll go away.

I'm not saying .gov will let them fail. But I do see a reduction of services on the horizon. Don't worry though... you'll keep on getting useless shit in the mail...that's their bread and butter.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:42:47 AM EDT
[#37]
A fellow member from TOTSE?

Experimenting with thermite was fun.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:44:00 AM EDT
[#38]
someone talked you out of an auto-focus camera
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:00:14 AM EDT
[#39]
I think it has to do with the overly helpful clerk who tells you the cheapest way to mail things.  I do all the mail at my work and when I send express, I take it to the post office and the clerk tells me the prices based on the packaging before I put it in my envelope or a flat rate envelope.  Often I am going to use an $18 express flat rate when my package would only cost $14ish to mail in my own 3 cent envelope.  I see it everyday, the clerk helps the customer find the least expensive way to mail their item.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:02:54 AM EDT
[#40]
I can't believe you took the time to post pics but didn't take the time to get them in focus.  

We're you trying to make them more secret squirrel spyiee?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:13:51 AM EDT
[#41]
I have received 2 USPS money orders in the last 90 days as payments for some things I have sold. The money orders were right at $1,000. It took me an average of 3 days, and 3 Post Offices to get them cashed each time. Each PO was in a town with a minimum of 35k average population.

They are going down hill fast
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:14:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They WILL be bailed out.

USPS not twinkies.

Nope, our betters of both letters will jump on this to "save jobs"  so they can get votes.  

Or it could be one of the few things mentioned in the Constitution that is a requirement to be funded??
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:40:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:05:45 AM EDT
[#44]
You guys giving me shit about the focus need to realize I snapped this with a cell phone standing behind one of those half doors while waiting on them to bring me my package.  I was a good 8-9 ft away.  I'd say the focus was pretty friggin good considering the situation.

I just thought it's funny that they're trying to screw the customer by talking them out of a service they themselves provide.  Yeah, it's business, but it's a shitty way of doing business.  If a service costs you money, don't fucking provide it. It's really simple.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:10:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My last order from Delta Precision took 3 trips out to the car.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:13:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know a shitlaod of old folks who still mail letters and don't have computers.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:15:48 AM EDT
[#47]
nevermind
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:21:18 AM EDT
[#48]

This memo was listing out various shipping products, but the manager
wrote a big note telling the employees to talk the customer out of them
so that they don't "give away money"

never mind...

I'm tired...

thought "talk" was "take"

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Which one of you SOB's called my local post office?

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
CJ

I've actually bought stuff from EBay that the seller used those priority envelopes as padding inside a box.

You used to be able to cut one edge of the box and turn it inside out to use as a regular box but now they print "Priority Mail" all over the inside to prevent this.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top