Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/17/2012 3:00:38 PM EDT
My wife and I recently had a moment of sheer stupidity in which we switched to the SPRINT PCS network, since then we have had nothing but problems with our bills, little to no help from customer support, and I have spent around 3 hours on the phone with the idiots manning the call centers.

We purchased 2 Samsung Galaxy S3 phones, while doing so we were told we qualified for a 19% discount on the main service line plus they waived the activation fees. To start us off we were told that we would get a 10% discount and the 19% would be applied to the next bill after we faxed in a copy of my work ID. This was OK with us and we left happy.

The first bill comes, 10% applied. I call up to make sure my discount would be applied to the bill. "Yes sir, it should be on the next bill."

Ooook then. Next bill comes, still no discount. Call again, talk to several reps. Finally come to account services manager who assures me that yes indeed the discount will be applied for the next cycle, not to worry.

Ooook then. Next bill comes. Still no discount and they retroactively added the formerly waived activation fees. My bill was over $100 more then it should have been. I spend 6-7 hours on the phone trying to get the activation fees taken off and figure out where my discount is. A few weeks ago it started and I was told it would be fixed. Then I was told they upgraded my complaint, I should hear back within 72 hours. Then on another call I was told that the fees would be waived and I should hear back (after the bill's due date) about the discount within 72 hours. I check and it wasn't handled, nothing changed. Yet another call and the service rep says he will personally fix the bill, the next morning (now woefully past due, but they gave me an extension) I look and the idiot credited my account $36 for the activation. Only problem: two phones were activated and tax was charged.

Back to calling, and here is where it gets good. I get put on the phone with this southern woman and after all the explanations I am told, "It don't matter if the bill is wrong, you is still responsible for it. It's yo' bill."

Off I go to the nearest corporate store. What a waste. They put me one with some nincompoops.

I fought with the latest rep for about an hour idiot #1 said he could give me a credit for $25 towards my bill and I need to resubmit the discount form yet again. Then I was told to hold on that he was connecting me with the unit manager. That rep said that "activation fees aren't paid at time of purchase, they are billed on the first bill". Opps, guess he wasn't paying attention because mine were billed on the 3rd cycle. Gotcha. He finally relents on the fees but then tells me I need to resubmit for the discount (now attempt number 3). I have the store itself do it and they printed me out a receipt saying that the discount dept. received the fax (the discount dept. has no phone and the only means of communications are these magical letters that only the reps can send).

Since my kids is screaming hysterically in the store how she is hungry and wants food I have to get going.

OK great, whatever. Get home, check bill. Slap myself on the head wondering how in the world people can be this fucking dumb. $36 activation fees charged. Multiplied by 2. That should, in the regular world, equal 72. In SPRINT-VILLE numbers work differently. My bill change: $71. Not only did the senior dipshit not know how to add $36 and $36 but he left out all the taxes they charged me for.

Another 3 calls, because I am disconnected twice, and the last guy spend 15 minutes arguing the point until I have to go over basic god-damned arithmetic to him to get him to totally fix the charges.

In essence: I will read my contract over 3 times. I will then hold SPRINT to every damned letter. If one "i" isn't dotted or "t" crossed I am calling breach of contract and cancelling.  

TLDR;

Sprint fucks up bill 3 times.
3rd bill is $100 over billed.
Service rep says I am responsible even if they know the bill is wrong.
Then shuffled around for over an hour more.
Rep finally agrees to fix overages.
Get home, idiot can't add correctly.
Spend even more time teaching SPRINT 3rd grade math.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Contracted phones are for people that like to give away their money.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I had fair & flexible plan with them for 5 years. $49 month unlimited everything. Always paid on time. Then my phone broke. All I wanted was a new phone but in order to get one I had to switch to an $80/mo plan. Left them for T-Mobile.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:11:46 PM EDT
[#3]
It's called churn. You are already factored in.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Let them know that you will be taking all of your infomation to your state AG's office for breach of contract. That's what we had to do to get them to finally cancel my son's paid off contract.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#5]
All cell companies will fuck you over given the chance, I had a similar problem with AT&T, been with Sprint for a couple years now haven't had any problems with them yet.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:16:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I dropped those shit bags about 8 years ago.  Verizon now.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:17:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Been there, done that. A Sprint employee will be along to excoriate you any moment now.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:19:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Yup, they suck donkey balls.

I'm contract free right now and feel like calling them and telling them to get fucked, but they're the only nationwide provider with unlimited data.  There is a smaller regional carrier with unlimited data, I was with them about 10 years ago and their coverage was shit.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#9]

Virgin mobile $25 a month /grandfathered. Andriod smart phone, unlimited data, and text, 300 minutes talk on the Sprint network and NOOOOOO contract. NEVER sign a contract!!!
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Stuff  like this is now why i am on a pre paid plan and an old phone. They got you by the nutz with the contract and ETF.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Virgin mobile $25 a month /grandfathered. Andriod smart phone, unlimited data, and text, 300 minutes talk on the Sprint network and NOOOOOO contract. NEVER sign a contract!!!

That's what I do.  Still uses Sprint Network, which sucks for my area, but it's better than a contract by a long shot
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:35:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Still no problems with Verizon.  

Well, sure.

Everyone knows not to screw with Site Staff!

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Similar issues and coverage lies with AT&T. I will NEVER do business with AT&T again.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:36:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Huh, interesting.  Sprint has unarguably the best CS out of the wireless carriers.  Sucks that you apparently found some bad apples.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:43:18 PM EDT
[#16]
No problems with AT&T when I am in New England.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:44:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I had similar issues with Sprint several years ago.
It seemed like every other month, i was on the phone trying to get them to fix something or they had charged me incorrectly. They would magically charge me an extra $5,10, 20 and as much as $100 for no good reason at all. At first i didn't say anything because I didn't feel like arguing over $5. Then I started calling because A) it's my money and B) if they can get all 30+ million subscribers to pay an extra $5-100/yr, well you do the math. Executive bonus time anyone?.
I switched to Verizon and honestly haven't spoken to them once about my bill, everything is always as it should be and the service is unbeatable.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#18]
We've had Sprint for years and years and never had any major problems.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Started with AT&T in the 90's.

Switched to VZ in the early 2000's.

Sprint since 2007.

Sprint has been by far the best in terms of service and costs.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This

I've had them for well over 10 years.
Never had an issue with them.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yupp
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 5:32:05 PM EDT
[#22]
metropcs.. Just started my first job in a year, a job I needed a ceelphone for. Since I dont have an obama phone last night went and picked one up. $137 out of my first $200 paycheck(a week of training) Was the cheapest one they had with internet. Back when I had this job before I always carried my phone in my shirt pocket never had any problems, sometime after lunch I lost it, and whoever picked it up has turned it off. So I call them up saying I lost the damn phone, im not bitching about that but if they could suspend the month of service I paid for and used less then 1 day and made 1 call with, SO whe I get a new phone from them next week im just buying a phone.

No dice

fuck metropcs
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 5:41:42 PM EDT
[#23]
I have 8 phones on my Sprint plan, no problems
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#24]
The HK of mobile providers.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I have not had any problems with Sprint in over 10 years of service with them.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#26]
I have had Sprint for 10+ years and no problems yet (knock on wood).  Sounds like every carrier does the same.   Everyone I talk to does not like the AT&T service they are getting but people with Sprint and Verizon and T-Mobile are ok.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#27]
EVERY phone company is out to screw you over.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Let them know that you will be taking all of your infomation to your state AG's office for breach of contract. That's what we had to do to get them to finally cancel my son's paid off contract.

Do this via registered letter. A RL gets the letter away from the stooges at the bottom floor, and into the hands of someone who is actually capable of doing something.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Way too many words
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Odd, they told me I had to actually go to a store to apply my corporate work discount. I gave them my work ID and they waived the activation fee and applied the discount on the spot.

Try filing a warranty claim with Verizon. My phone died and they came back and said I left it in the sun too long and it overheated. Since it was a natural element, they couldn't cover it. I told the rep I might as well go run over it since insurance covers that. He said he'd be right back and to wait. Rep comes back and says he went ahead and canceled my phone for me. WTF? After talking to the manager he offered me a new plan with a new phone, but I would have to resign my contract.

Told them to fuck off and went to Sprint. Never a custom service issue since and I have unlimited data for $60 less than what I was paying on Verizon for data overages.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:17:36 PM EDT
[#31]
I could have told you that, 10 years ago i had sprint with free roaming and got charged 3k in roaming for the month.  Their excuse was free, doesnt necessarily mean free.  Never fucking paid it, went with verizon and have not had a problem in 9 uears +.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#32]
I've had good luck with Sprint for the past 10 years or so.  I guess I'm lucky.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:29:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Odd, they told me I had to actually go to a store to apply my corporate work discount. I gave them my work ID and they waived the activation fee and applied the discount on the spot.

Try filing a warranty claim with Verizon. My phone died and they came back and said I left it in the sun too long and it overheated. Since it was a natural element, they couldn't cover it. I told the rep I might as well go run over it since insurance covers that. He said he'd be right back and to wait. Rep comes back and says he went ahead and canceled my phone for me. WTF? After talking to the manager he offered me a new plan with a new phone, but I would have to resign my contract.

Told them to fuck off and went to Sprint. Never a custom service issue since and I have unlimited data for $60 less than what I was paying on Verizon for data overages.

Really?  I havent bought a new phone with verizon in 4 years.  When i have issues they upgrade me for free, im on the drazr maxx right now, started off on the droid 4 years ago.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This 10 plus years for me.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:34:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Sprint customer for over 12 years.
No plan.
My current phone is 8 years old.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#36]
I aint readin all that

Been with sprint for 12 years and pretty happy the whole time. Sounds like you did something wrong...
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#37]
AT&T for 12 years.

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:12:29 PM EDT
[#38]
No cell phone.

I'm just here for the yuks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:14:20 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

My wife and I recently had a moment of sheer stupidity in which we switched to the SPRINT PCS network, since then we have had nothing but problems with our bills, little to no help from customer support, and I have spent around 3 hours on the phone with the idiots manning the call centers.

We purchased 2 Samsung Galaxy S3 phones, while doing so we were told we qualified for a 19% discount on the main service line plus they waived the activation fees. To start us off we were told that we would get a 10% discount and the 19% would be applied to the next bill after we faxed in a copy of my work ID. This was OK with us and we left happy.

The first bill comes, 10% applied. I call up to make sure my discount would be applied to the bill. "Yes sir, it should be on the next bill."

Ooook then. Next bill comes, still no discount. Call again, talk to several reps. Finally come to account services manager who assures me that yes indeed the discount will be applied for the next cycle, not to worry.

Ooook then. Next bill comes. Still no discount and they retroactively added the formerly waived activation fees. My bill was over $100 more then it should have been. I spend 6-7 hours on the phone trying to get the activation fees taken off and figure out where my discount is. A few weeks ago it started and I was told it would be fixed. Then I was told they upgraded my complaint, I should hear back within 72 hours. Then on another call I was told that the fees would be waived and I should hear back (after the bill's due date) about the discount within 72 hours. I check and it wasn't handled, nothing changed. Yet another call and the service rep says he will personally fix the bill, the next morning (now woefully past due, but they gave me an extension) I look and the idiot credited my account $36 for the activation. Only problem: two phones were activated and tax was charged.

Back to calling, and here is where it gets good. I get put on the phone with this southern woman and after all the explanations I am told, "It don't matter if the bill is wrong, you is still responsible for it. It's yo' bill."

Off I go to the nearest corporate store. What a waste. They put me one with some nincompoops.

I fought with the latest rep for about an hour idiot #1 said he could give me a credit for $25 towards my bill and I need to resubmit the discount form yet again. Then I was told to hold on that he was connecting me with the unit manager. That rep said that "activation fees aren't paid at time of purchase, they are billed on the first bill". Opps, guess he wasn't paying attention because mine were billed on the 3rd cycle. Gotcha. He finally relents on the fees but then tells me I need to resubmit for the discount (now attempt number 3). I have the store itself do it and they printed me out a receipt saying that the discount dept. received the fax (the discount dept. has no phone and the only means of communications are these magical letters that only the reps can send).

Since my kids is screaming hysterically in the store how she is hungry and wants food I have to get going.

OK great, whatever. Get home, check bill. Slap myself on the head wondering how in the world people can be this fucking dumb. $36 activation fees charged. Multiplied by 2. That should, in the regular world, equal 72. In SPRINT-VILLE numbers work differently. My bill change: $71. Not only did the senior dipshit not know how to add $36 and $36 but he left out all the taxes they charged me for.

Another 3 calls, because I am disconnected twice, and the last guy spend 15 minutes arguing the point until I have to go over basic god-damned arithmetic to him to get him to totally fix the charges.

In essence: I will read my contract over 3 times. I will then hold SPRINT to every damned letter. If one "i" isn't dotted or "t" crossed I am calling breach of contract and cancelling.  

TLDR;

Sprint fucks up bill 3 times.

3rd bill is $100 over billed.

Service rep says I am responsible even if they know the bill is wrong.

Then shuffled around for over an hour more.

Rep finally agrees to fix overages.

Get home, idiot can't add correctly.

Spend even more time teaching SPRINT 3rd grade math.

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:23:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Another vote for Sprint to go fuck themselves.

Been with Nextel since 02'. Phone and 'net.

Due to the change over, and getting tired of the slow assed internet speed on the old system I figured to upgrade.

Dude assured me 3G coverage was available in our area blah, blah, blah.
So I switched over.
Phone worked, barely..I had to run outside and stand in a certain spot on the deck.
Internet? Fucking useless. No 3G, nothing. Jack shit.

So I hollered back at them, and got the whole thing cancelled. The new system apparently does not support this area at all, and "Dude" lied his ass off.
So then they send the little baggies with the UPS labels to return the Phone and aircard, I drive all the way to a place that ships, and get the shit sent thier way.
Next day I call Verizon and get the ball rolling with them.

Two weeks later we get a spint bill for 490 bucks. Of course the wife freaks the fuck out.
Fuckheads nailed me for early termination of contract, cost of both devices and a minuites overage due to yakking with Sprint....

Put a round into the dirt in front of me, and I pretty much understand WTF the score is.

Got the Sprint shitstains on the line and Shamequa tells me it's for violating the contract...so I explain the 14 day grace period to try and see if thier shit even works, and that it didn't, and according to UPS the damn phone and air card were delivered back to them within the limitation of 14 days.

"No sir, we have not received the devices, and you have been billed to reflect the early termination of the contract."

10 hours worth of calling over the next 6 days and documenting agent numbers to referrence on the next call, I finally got an honest dude on the phone.
"Yeah, your case was bumped up and they found where your devices were in the warehouse, but the dock agent didn't log a date and time they arrived."

So I flat out asked what I owed Sprint, and he came back with 80 some bucks, and that's what I sent the tards.

Three weeks later? A nasty gram from some collection agency. Then the phone ringing with agent dipshit telling me I owe them 400 some bucks and they will be going after my credit.

Round three.
Take the shit to my Lawyer.
He fires off a nasty letter, a couple E-mails and makes a couple calls.

A week later I call, and find out I am in fact on thier shit list, but the agent is baffled by the UPS tracking number I give him. half an hour on hold later I get Shemequas sister telling me I still owe 400 some bucks because the devices were not returned on time.

Second Nastygram from Sprint comes in the mail, threatening collections and credit...

Call Lawyer.  His advice? Ignore them. Let them do whatever they are going to do. Check credit in two weeks and then go after the tards, he will send another nastygram, and I owe him another case of Lineys Red.

Two weeks later, the Sprint bill comes. Fuckers now show that there is an overage of a buck and change in my favor.

Fuck those simple fucktards and thier ridiculously unprofessional, inept and overglorified clusterfuck, of a customer support system.
I'm gonna let that credit haunt the fuck out of them, and let them spend the $$ to send me notification monthly.

Fuck Sprint!

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#41]
i live by the world headquarters... would you like me to go and leave an upper decker for you?

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm with Sprint, have been for the past 5 years.  I've never had a problem with them.  You will hear horror stories about every provider.  Sorry about your crappy luck.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Still no problems with Verizon.  

Except when someone with a verizon serviced phone tries to call me on my At&T cell the message says my phone is disconnected

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:36:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
i live by the world headquarters... would you like me to go and leave an upper decker for you?  

Lotsa corn if ya don't mind.

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#45]
I've been with sprint for about 15 years.  

I don't ask for much I guess.  I just want my phone to work.

I've never has as much as a hiccup.  They let me know my bill is due
and I pay it.

I wish I had all the outrage.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 8:43:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I dropped those shit bags about 8 years ago.  Verizon now.

What would you say if employees of the phone company you are with stomped
a young lady trying to get in to work simply because she wasn't union?

I'd say "Shitbags" doesn't even come close
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 10:18:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
No cell phone.

I'm just here for the yuks.

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 10:28:49 PM EDT
[#48]
In my experience - people who have these sorts of problems either

a. heard what they wanted to hear instead of what was actually being said, during the sales process.
b. unnecessarily complicate the entire transaction by trying to get things "the way they had with this other company" or "the way they had before" even though there is no directly comparable option.
c. run in to actual retarded CS reps.

with A and B being BY FAR the most common.
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 10:40:27 PM EDT
[#49]
I have been with Sprint for three years and no problems at all. AT&T though is by far the worst company I have ever had to deal with and I would rather do business with North Korea. I actually bought out the last six months of my contract just to be rid of them and their horse shit. Verizon was ok but they're too expensive and killed unlimited data so they don't have to worry about me being a customer again.

Link Posted: 11/17/2012 10:41:30 PM EDT
[#50]
I've had zero problems with Sprint––they had my employer discount correct from day one with no drama.  I had nothing but problems with Verizon.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top