User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2002 8:43:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Red Bull and Absolut
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 9:13:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the taste, kinda cool and refreshing. It's supposed to pep you up, but I think that may be just the caffeine.

There are a lot of B complex vitamins in it too. I don't know if this is what makes it a good alcohol mix, but something in the drink gives hard liquor mixes an extra "kick".
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 9:52:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Red Bull and Absolut
View Quote

I was doing that for months untill I heard it's very bad for the heart. They say too many will trigger a heart attack. They are pretty good though. I drink one Red Bull a day, gets me going alot better than coffee.
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Stuff is nasty, nasty nasty. Tastes like bubblegum soda that someone put a cigarette out in (yes, I realize how much of a flavor stretch that is...Red Bull does it).

It's not just caffine....Jolt had a ton, and didn't taste like shit. No, it's the Ma Juang (sp), which contains ephedra, which runs you like a top...

The easier way to do it is just take some Stackers, or some Ripped Fuel, or something similar. It dehydrates the crap out of you, and if you're a beer drinker, I have to tell you that means you're going to be pissing more than normal since it acts as a diuretic.

Plus side? Absolutely wakes your sorry, drunken ass up. You get a nice boost of energy that lasts for a few hours, and for some reason (for me at least when I've given it a shot) it keeps me from getting a hangover. Also, and this is strictly my experience, it turns you into Conan the Thrusting...Mostly because you're drunk as a skunk and should be unconscious and therefore unable to ummm..."Perform", but instead you're awake and doing the best you can.

Negatives? Well, it didn't kill me, but I can imagine it is far from a healthy thing to do to yourself. Over an extended period of time drinking with it, you're probably screwed anyway, because if you're drinking that much you've already got enough to worry about. But I really wouldn't make a big habit of it. I don't mean to compare it to pounding bottles of Jack nightly and doing blow off some hooker's thigh, but if you're taking uppers to improve your ability to continue drinking on a regular basis, you very well may have a problem.

Your milage may vary.

Live Free or Die.

Vass
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 6:47:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/13/2002 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Drank one before I went to work out.  I was belching Red Bull during my entire workout.  Nasty stuff.  Almost blew chunks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top